Golf | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Golf

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
Yer, sure has, but not sure about the personality or worldview. Didn't like him coming out and having shots at Cam Smith after he went LIV. Not because I take sides at all really. I just thought it showed the typical very Amero-centric worldview - the USA is the centre of the universe and everyone else can GAGF. ( We may, if we can be bothered and are willing to endure their crap weather, condescend to attend The Open, but otherwise we never need to leave these shores because the US PGA runs golf ... IS golf)!

Showed zero awareness of what it must be like for the Aussies who virtually have to give their homeland to play over there, repatriate. Oz golf virtually wiped out by US hegemony.

Yep, Fred Couples has a glorious golf swing but I've always suspected as a bloke he would be a 27 marker.

Reactions: 1 user

Midsy

I am the one who knocks.
Jan 18, 2014
London
Too many distractions on the course nowadays. You add that to any already slow golfer and you have a nightmare.

Scoring apps, mobile phones, range finders, remotes for buggies and dheads constantly **** around with them and their buggies.
But that’s down the the individual. I use the Golf Shot Plus app all around the world. Playing partners would barely know I did.

Being a T1D, I also need my phone to keep track of my sugars. Unfortunately (or fortunately) phones are here to stay.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
But that’s down the the individual. I use the Golf Shot Plus app all around the world. Playing partners would barely know I did.

Being a T1D, I also need my phone to keep track of my sugars. Unfortunately (or fortunately) phones are here to stay.
It’s not the phones that are the issue, it’s the individual fwit using them and all the other distractions they have.

Reactions: 1 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Yep, Fred Couples has a glorious golf swing but I've always suspected as a bloke he would be a 27 marker.
Glorious tempo, swing fundamentals are a bit unique though, it’s actually a great swing for people who come over the top to think of when practicing and obviously to ”feel” like your tempo is like Couples can only help, *smile* I cant get that tempo with a putter :))

There has been a few over the years say he’s a bit of a 36er , I always see him as a Dave Simms from Tin Cup

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Jeez Fox is in a rich vein of form. Still hard to believe they didn't put him in the Pres Cup.

See Scott Hend made the cut. He sort of fascinates me, he played a couple of years on PGA tour in 2000's , played Canada tour and then Asian tour. He hovered around 200-400 in the world rankings, you'd think his time was past. But he didn't hit his straps until turning 40. Got as high as 59 in the world. 15 wins on various tours. Now on way back down. Assume he might do OK on seniors tour. He's never really ever been well known here but he's had a very good decade of golf.

Mopsy

"I can feel Tigermania flowing through my veins"
Jan 9, 2005
Brisbane
Don’t you just love Freddy! That sweet languid swing is glorious.

Been one of my favourite yanks Freddy.

Interesting Couples fact - has never worn a glove playing golf. Couldn’t afford one as a kid and never bothered getting one when he could.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Been one of my favourite yanks Freddy.

Interesting Couples fact - has never worn a glove playing golf. Couldn’t afford one as a kid and never bothered getting one when he could.
I've always wondered about gloves, I've never worn one, never really saw the point. Maybe if I played as much as tour guys I would?

Is there a legitimate reason for the golf glove? I've read it improves grip on the club but I've never had a club slip in my hand (unless it's really wet, in which case I don't play).

Mopsy

"I can feel Tigermania flowing through my veins"
Jan 9, 2005
Brisbane
I've always wondered about gloves, I've never worn one, never really saw the point. Maybe if I played as much as tour guys I would?

Is there a legitimate reason for the golf glove? I've read it improves grip on the club but I've never had a club slip in my hand (unless it's really wet, in which case I don't play).

Mainly for grip, but another side benefit is to help protect the hand. For a right hander the left hand does more work during the swing than the right hand.

Like you MD I avoid golf in the rain. But on hot humid days up here in Qld they are essential due to sweating.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang

I never used to wear a glove until one day doing a big practice session and started getting blisters so pit on a glove , worn one ever since .

Definitely helps with grip, however once the glove gets a tad worn it can become to lose and make you grip the club tighter

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty

I couldn't not use one, makes a huge difference in how secure my grip feels and the condition of my hands.

I've been considering going full Aaron Rai and wearing two.

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
Wozniacki looked better in the Masters white caddy suit.

I should know, back in 2014 I got about 20 photos of her at the par 3 tournament, but none of Rory.

Hmmm….read into that what you will :cool:
I did the same with Ana Ivanovic at the tennis, now Bastian Schweinsteiger's misses :cool: