Golf | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Golf

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Tommy Kim !

Wow. Cantlay snap hooks a 3 wood off the tee tied with Tom on 18. Dunks a 30 foot par for triple. Wow.

How many Kim’s and Im’s are there on Tour ? Im very kimfused.

Reactions: 1 user

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
LIV to go to 72 holes and a cut at the half way mark as part of its battle with the OWGR.
So that's their latest 'initiative', or just your idea? Been out on the course practising myself, taking advantage of daylight saving. Will assume it's the former.
Whatever side you're on, if it was a battle between generals, not about moral causes and issues, objectively speaking, you'd put your money on Norman against Jay Monaghan any day IMO.

Just tactically and in the PR war, not to take sides. Might not admire Greg at all except as a golfer, but I think he's slapping Jay around.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
So that's their latest 'initiative', or just your idea? Been out on the course practising myself, taking advantage of daylight saving. Will assume it's the former.
Whatever side you're on, if it was a battle between generals, not about moral causes and issues, objectively speaking, you'd put your money on Norman against Jay Monaghan any day IMO.

Just tactically and in the PR war, not to take sides. Might not admire Greg at all except as a golfer, but I think he's slapping Jay around.
No, that’s what they’re doing apparently.

Michael

Tiger Champion
Nov 30, 2004
I think one of the things impacting scoring now as well is the online app v card thing. In the past you and your playing partners would always score on the tee of the next hole. You'd see whoever was marking your card, pull it out, and write something down so you knew that they were scoring. And if they didn't, you'd be clued into the fact they were probably gonna make a mistake. Now, its all so individualistic and online app supported that the incorrect score frequency has gone up, not down as everyone was expecting it to years ago. A lot of members at my club really struggle with it. And some are just so self focussed they dont have a clue anyway. "What'd you have there mate ?" "Errr.....albatross." "Oh yeah."
I dont mind the app, but i HATE the way some blokes use it as an excuse tofuck around with their emails, texts, instagram et al. We impose a $2 fine. Quite the revenue stream

• Love
Reactions: 1 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
I dont mind the app, but i HATE the way some blokes use it as an excuse tofuck around with their emails, texts, instagram et al. We impose a $2 fine. Quite the revenue stream
Self-indulgent knobs. Great to see a club taking action.

I don't mind the app, as long as you keep moving. Don't score on the green, move to the next tee and some *smile* tee off when you get there. Ready golf. It's not about rushing its just about moving.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Too many distractions on the course nowadays. You add that to any already slow golfer and you have a nightmare.

Scoring apps, mobile phones, range finders, remotes for buggies and dheads constantly **** around with them and their buggies.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Watching this Bozo Championship from Japan. It’s unacceptable that the Tour can go to Japan and Malaysia every year but can’t find its way to Australia - especially given all the golfers we’ve supplied to that tour over the decades.

The PGA Tour hasn’t done itself any favours where Australian golf is concerned in my mind. Or the Euro Tour for that matter but at least they’ve tried.

• Sad

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Haven't been watching any golf, but just read about Eugenio Lopez-Chacarra winning the LIV Golf Invitational in Bangkok.

He was still playing college golf a couple of months ago. He could've joined the Korn Ferry tour to try and qualify for the PGA tour, but said bash that where the sun don't shine, I'm joining the LIV tour.

A couple of months later he wins $4 million US, how good's that. I bet he had a good time in down town Sukhumvit.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Haven't been watching any golf, but just read about Eugenio Lopez-Chacarra winning the LIV Golf Invitational in Bangkok.

He was still playing college golf a couple of months ago. He could've joined the Korn Ferry tour to try and qualify for the PGA tour, but said bash that where the sun don't shine, I'm joining the LIV tour.

A couple of months later he wins $4 million US, how good's that. I bet he had a good time in down town Sukhumvit.
Great story.

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
How's this happen in 'professional' sport? :ROFLMAO:

A 'pro' showed up for a PGA Tour pre-qualifier, shot 69* and had a two-hole stretch for the ages

1665884306198.png
Them scores look like mine if I played in a Tour qualifier!! 12, 6, 8, 17 :poop: :LOL:

A player who shoots a 69 typically would be close to advancing at a PGA Tour pre-qualifier, and that score might even be good enough to get through.
Well, on Wednesday, a player fired a 69 … on his first nine holes before he WD’d. The 33-over-par total included maybe the most ridiculous two-hole
stretch since John Daly went 18-2 at Bay Hill in 1998.

Nick Scheib was on the range on Wednesday morning when he saw a player whiffing while warming up. “Man, I hope I don’t play with him,” he thought.
Sure enough, as he walked to his cart, which are allowed in pre-Qs, he discovered his cartmate was the same player who had been struggling on the range.
Syed Zaki mentioned before teeing off that he had forgotten to bring two clubs, but after a good drive and a decent approach and chip on the 10th, the
group’s first hole, Zaki was left with six feet for par. The third player in the group asked Zaki to move his coin; he turned and said, “What do you mean?”
The player took Zaki’s putter and showed him how to move the coin; he also had to move it back for him. Saki made the putt for par. Even through 1.

Zaki found trouble on the next hole when he duck-hooked three shots off the tee. (He was using Srixon Divides, the two-colored balls.) According to Scheib,
Zaki considered quitting, saying, “I don’t want to lose any more balls.” But his seventh shot found the fairway. He made a 12.

He made a double bogey and a quad at the next two holes, and then Zaki pulled off one of the most incredible two-hole combos in golf history. The 14th hole
at ChampionsGate is a par-3 that was playing 231 yards. The wind was blowing left to right. Hitting 3-wood, Saki delivered a perfect shot that never left the flag, ending a foot and a half from the hole. He made the putt, and according to Scheib, raised his hands in celebration before proclaiming,
“That is my first birdie!” Like ever, Scheib took that to mean.

The next hole was a 447-yard par-4. Zaki had to reload off the tee and found his second ball in a sandy area left of the fairway. He topped the next shot, and the
ball embedded directly in front of him, leading to an unplayable lie. He then hit multiple balls into a penalty area fronting the green, eventually playing from
inside the hazard before finally finding the green. There was just one problem — this ball was all white. The other two players didn’t have the heart to tell him
he had played the wrong ball; they let him sign for the 17.

1665884493374.png

So Zaki played the 14th and 15th holes in 2-17. Nineteen strokes. With a birdie. That’s one fewer than Daly needed at Bay Hill, when he followed up an 18 at
the watery par-5 6th hole with a deuce at the next.

On the next hole, Saki fell in a bunker while making a bogey. He doubled the 17th, and on the finishing hole, Scheib estimated his playing partner made a 10
before deciding he had experienced enough. Saki announced he was done, and after driving him to the parking lot, Scheib followed protocol and asked for
his scorecard. Saki said he wanted to keep it. Perhaps it was a memento for having broken 70.

Yes, it was an expensive nine holes. But you can’t say it wasn’t memorable.

• Love

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
Nice to have LIV on in prime time again.

Coverage is still slick, commentators still trying to find the balance between being a bit less stuffy than normal golf and coming across as complete knobs.

Not sure about shorts yet either, just doesn't look right.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Nice to have LIV on in prime time again.

Coverage is still slick, commentators still trying to find the balance between being a bit less stuffy than normal golf and coming across as complete knobs.

Not sure about shorts yet either, just doesn't look right.
That column style leaderboard takes up too much room. The teams event is chintzy, meaningless rubbish. Get rid of it. Shorts are good. Sergio misses putt and gets heated !

David Feherty looks ill ?