Golf | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Golf

I was fortunate enough to play both Royal Melbourne West and Penninsula Kingswood North this week. Both were beautiful sunny days with minimal wind. It was my second time at RM, although the previous time we only got 6 holes in due to lightning and heavy rains all day. I've played PK north several times but not the south course.

I definitely prefer PK over RM which is probably contrary to popular opinion. The greens run truer at PK and I like the scenery and layout of the holes better. I guess i had high expectations of RM that weren't quite met but had lower ones of PK and was very impressed. The PK practice and club house facilities were better too.

Reactions: 2 users
I was fortunate enough to play both Royal Melbourne West and Penninsula Kingswood North this week. Both were beautiful sunny days with minimal wind. It was my second time at RM, although the previous time we only got 6 holes in due to lightning and heavy rains all day. I've played PK north several times but not the south course.

I definitely prefer PK over RM which is probably contrary to popular opinion. The greens run truer at PK and I like the scenery and layout of the holes better. I guess i had high expectations of RM that weren't quite met but had lower ones of PK and was very impressed. The PK practice and club house facilities were better too.
The Distinction greens at PK are pretty good.

Hate the clubhouse though (so do a lot of the members). Big soulless barn I reckon.

Atthaya Thitikul has got some sort of round going, 8 under through 13 holes, has a share of the lead at 16 under.

LIV very hard to watch. Both from an accessibility point of view and then also when you do actually get access. Format isn’t good. Contrived product.

I don’t wanna hear Snoop Dog or Ariana Grande blaring out when someone’s trying to make a putt from 20 feet to win a tournament.

Reactions: 1 user

I’m the same. Only played RM (East I think) but wasn’t blown away. Have never played the West nor composite. But think Kingston Heath is a better track. And have played PK north and am the same I prefer it. I loved the layout, greens etc. and I also liked the clubhouse. But only spent 30 odd minutes after the round there.

Am hoping to play PK again in the next month.

Have a game at The Heritage lined up next week will be interesting to see what condition it is in.

LIV very hard to watch. Both from an accessibility point of view and then also when you do actually get access. Format isn’t good. Contrived product.

I don’t wanna hear Snoop Dog or Ariana Grande blaring out when someone’s trying to make a putt from 20 feet to win a tournament.

LIV now on 7 plus which makes things easier.

I much prefer the shotgun start format, so much more action shown as opposed to watching PGA final group prepare for 2 minutes before hitting the shot.

LIV now on 7 plus which makes things easier.

I much prefer the shotgun start format, so much more action shown as opposed to watching PGA final group prepare for 2 minutes before hitting the shot.
Is it ? Didn’t know that. Will defer to that then. You Tube had all this stupid chat registration and stuff that didn’t work.

Don’t like the silly contrived teams thing, the scoreboard, the loud music around the course everywhere and the shotgun is confusing re knowing what number of holes a player has played and what strength of holes they may have left.

It’s all very junky.

7 Plus only has the 1st round ? What the ?

Is it ? Didn’t know that. Will defer to that then. You Tube had all this stupid chat registration and stuff that didn’t work.

Don’t like the silly contrived teams thing, the scoreboard, the loud music around the course everywhere and the shotgun is confusing re knowing what number of holes a player has played and what strength of holes they may have left.

It’s all very junky.

Yeah, I noticed it by accident on Friday and see they've officially announced every round will be on there all year today.

The scoreboard has grown on me, I like being able to see more than the top 5 but the starting all over the place is definitely the drawback.

The teams stuff is growing on me as well, players are starting to run out their apparel deals and get into the same uniforms which helps a lot.

Yeah, I noticed it by accident on Friday and see they've officially announced every round will be on there all year today.

The scoreboard has grown on me, I like being able to see more than the top 5 but the starting all over the place is definitely the drawback.

The teams stuff is growing on me as well, players are starting to run out their apparel deals and get into the same uniforms which helps a lot.
So how many holes has Lopez played below ? What’s his score ? What’s the strength or relevance of holes that he has left v the rest of the field ? That’s sheet.

1677378791062.jpeg

I have no problem with LIV stirring things up a bit. The PGA Tour needed a huge kick in the arse. But the LIV product is pretty crappy.

So how many holes has Lopez played below ? What’s his score ? What’s the strength or relevance of holes that he has left v the rest of the field ? That’s sheet.

I have no problem with LIV stirring things up a bit. The PGA Tour needed a huge kick in the arse. But the LIV product is pretty crappy.

You don't get that sort of graphic much though, and it would quickly change to the big scoreboard thing that tells you score and holes.

Trying to get the information about who has what holes ahead is definitely the weakness of the shotgun, I think they need to use the graphic which shows you the holes ahead with colour coded difficulty more.

Having said that I thought the tournament last year (think it was Cam Smith's first one) was the most interesting final round of any tournament I've watched. There were guys all over the course with a chance and it was all happening at a rapid pace. Lead was changing every minute.

You don't get that sort of graphic much though, and it would quickly change to the big scoreboard thing that tells you score and holes.

Trying to get the information about who has what holes ahead is definitely the weakness of the shotgun, I think they need to use the graphic which shows you the holes ahead with colour coded difficulty more.

Having said that I thought the tournament last year (think it was Cam Smith's first one) was the most interesting final round of any tournament I've watched. There were guys all over the course with a chance and it was all happening at a rapid pace. Lead was changing every minute.
It’s got a long way to go. I’ll check back in if/when the standard of product and its delivery improves.

Brett Coletta shoots a 61 - 9 under - to take the lead at the TPS.

Dunno why Brett hasn’t been more successful since turning pro. Great swing. Hits it an absolute mile. Still pretty young. Was a great pennant player.

Dunno why Brett hasn’t been more successful since turning pro. Great swing. Hits it an absolute mile. Still pretty young. Was a great pennant player.
Yeh he has a super swing, especially through the ball and finish.
Followed him a few years ago at 13th beach tournament in a round where he was paired with Ryan Ruffels and Todd Sinnott. Some seriously good golfers, Ruffels hasn’t really kicked on after showing so much promise. Sinnott had a lot of injury issues but super talent. Hope Coletta can kick on now.

It’s got a long way to go. I’ll check back in if/when the standard of product and its delivery improves.
I’m the same. Music??? WTF. Let the golf do the talking.
I love all elite sport but turn LIV off after a few minutes. Prefer the DP and US tours still. No fan of shotgun start either.

Yeh he has a super swing, especially through the ball and finish.
Followed him a few years ago at 13th beach tournament in a round where he was paired with Ryan Ruffels and Todd Sinnott. Some seriously good golfers, Ruffels hasn’t really kicked on after showing so much promise. Sinnott had a lot of injury issues but super talent. Hope Coletta can kick on now.
Apparently Ruffels’ biggest problem is himself ie ego.

As a golfing novice with no idea on most of the backstory, enjoyed the Full Swing series immensely. The LIV wrinkle was compelling, Netflix wouldve been stoked that this came up this year.

What about the bloke he was playing in the playoff - Lincoln Tighe - who was hitting it a mile and then some. At times he was driving it too far on the 18th.

But I was barracking for Coletta who spent those few hours in the arvo on the couch in the clubhouse just waiting to see if he had to play again.
Good golf viewing.

What about the bloke he was playing in the playoff - Lincoln Tighe - who was hitting it a mile and then some. At times he was driving it too far on the 18th.

But I was barracking for Coletta who spent those few hours in the arvo on the couch in the clubhouse just waiting to see if he had to play again.
Good golf viewing.
Yeah that was an entertaining finish.

Tighe absolutely bombed a couple of drives down 18. Think there was a point on the fairway that if you reached, it sloped downhill and provided extra distance off the tee. Still, he hammered it out there.

Think Coletta might have been laying back a bit so as to not get a downhill pitch into the green. I watched Coletta play a few holes at the Australian Open in November. Super long. He went driver-9 iron on the par 5 18th at Victoria so I think he was throttling back a bit in those play off holes yesterday.

Good golf viewing.

I watched him on the driving range at the Vic Open. He was using a launch monitor and was comfortably carrying the ball 310m. That's carry, not total distance!

He's a very large man.