Golf | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Golf

I’m 5 episodes in. First episode was *smile*. 75% of it was showing golf shots and tournaments from last year and not much else. JT and Spieth are friends ? Wow. Who’d have thought. And them and the others they interviewed … they really want to win on Tour ? Wow. Enlightening.

This series has been developed for those that don’t follow golf or know much about it. You know this in the first episode when Amanda Renner explains “Unlike other sports, in golf, you are trying to shoot or score as less as possible.” Ffs….

I will say the episodes get a bit better after that though. But this series is not exactly anything special.

About all I’ve gathered that I didn’t already know is that Koepka is very unconfident in his game right now. Otherwise, everything else I already knew and have seen before.

Reactions: 1 user
I’m 5 episodes in. First episode was *smile*. 75% of it was showing golf shots and tournaments from last year and not much else. JT and Spieth are friends ? Wow. Who’d have thought. And them and the others they interviewed … they really want to win on Tour ? Wow. Enlightening.

This series has been developed for those that don’t follow golf or know much about it. You know this in the first episode when Amanda Renner explains “Unlike other sports, in golf, you are trying to shoot or score as less as possible.” Ffs….

I will say the episodes get a bit better after that though. But this series is not exactly anything special.

About all I’ve gathered that I didn’t already know is that Koepka is very unconfident in his game right now. Otherwise, everything else I already knew and have seen before.

Yeah agree, we need more behind the scenes stuff to make these things work. The part when Poulter went off in the dressing room is the sort of stuff we should be seeing.

The worst part was when McIlroy, Rahm and Morikawa just happened to be having lunch together and Dahmen walks past, they engage in an awkward conversation and when he leaves the other three have the most terribly scripted conversation where they had clearly been asked to talk about him.

Rahm said something like "He's really good to watch when he is playing well." I've got 10,000 that says Rahm has never seen him play unless they were paired together.

Last edited:

Yep turned it off and watched a re run of Law & Order , very blah the first episode, don’t mind JT but it was just boring . I’ll have another look at the other episodes soon.

BTW 30 odd years of golf on and off ,had my first ( Comp) hole in one on Wednesday, nice surprise to find out you get a bottle of red and $300 .

For anyone who knows my son , when I looked on the green and realised there was no ball , I got him to check the hole :)) the silence was priceless, take that you competitive little bastard:ROFLMAO:

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Do they count if not had in comp? I’ve had 2 playing socially. Funnily neither were well struck shots.

Yep turned it off and watched a re run of Law & Order , very blah the first episode, don’t mind JT but it was just boring . I’ll have another look at the other episodes soon.

BTW 30 odd years of golf on and off ,had my first ( Comp) hole in one on Wednesday, nice surprise to find out you get a bottle of red and $300 .

For anyone who knows my son , when I looked on the green and realised there was no ball , I got him to check the hole :)) the silence was priceless, take that you competitive little bastard:ROFLMAO:
About time Burnside. Would have thought another bladed 5 iron off the tee would have crashed into the pin and dropped by now - and finally it has. Good job. (Get the pin repaired.)

Full Swing is pretty boring. “I didn’t play well today.” Or “It’s pretty competitive out here” or some other inane un informative dribble.

Reckon the players and their managers put the brakes on big time as to what they’d let be shown.

I could do a better show eg. Phil’s alleged gambling, insider trading and cheating issues ? Vijay’s alleged cheating ? Dustin’s alleged infidelities with another Tour player’s wife ? The alleged dislike of Phil by most players ? Slow players. Tight arses like Tiger Woods. And on….

Finished the last one, wish I'd stopped as well, the final episode is nothing but Rory is great propaganda.

The one interesting thing is hearing about the blow back from players being made to play in all the 'elevated events', plus three others, meaning they have to commit to 19 tournaments a year.

Basically Rory said if it's good enough for the great R McIlroy then the rest of you plebs should shut up and get in line.

Will be interesting to see how long the players cop it, especially when two elevated events are directly after majors. Might end up making LIV more attractive.

Do they count if not had in comp? I’ve had 2 playing socially. Funnily neither were well struck shots.

Well done Mr B - the cash and the plonk is a hell of a bonus prize too.

MD - reckon you can keep counting yours till you get a proper comp one.

Reactions: 1 users
Watched the whole round, Woods can still crush it if he has to. And was he ever focused. Glad he made those birdies at the end, he had a couple of close shaves earlier and deserved his score. Currently T26. That $2.54 looking pretty good.

Unfortunately teeing it up at around 2.24am our time tomorrow. Let's hope he stays Top 20 so get to see him prime time on the weekend.

About time Burnside. Would have thought another bladed 5 iron off the tee would have crashed into the pin and dropped by now - and finally it has. Good job. (Get the pin repaired.)

Full Swing is pretty boring. “I didn’t play well today.” Or “It’s pretty competitive out here” or some other inane un informative dribble.

Reckon the players and their managers put the brakes on big time as to what they’d let be shown.

I could do a better show eg. Phil’s alleged gambling, insider trading and cheating issues ? Vijay’s alleged cheating ? Dustin’s alleged infidelities with another Tour player’s wife ? The alleged dislike of Phil by most players ? Slow players. Tight arses like Tiger Woods. And on….
Always keep a spare flag in the cart for those pesky bladed sand wedges , was a Jack Reiwoldt btw

Can not believe Tiger is playing in the group next to the featured group and have not seen a shot .

They can *smile* this featured group *smile* off , in saying that I suppose Tigers group used to be the featured group.