Golf | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Golf

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Looking forward to Rory and Young trying to outdrive each other.

$cotty Scheffler is incredible, looked like losing to Polston and then Day, he just keeps on grinding.

He's a Winner.

Snuffler just doesn’t quit. J Day lost his form a bit in the afternoon but Snuffler just kept on making putts and shots. The Rory match was tight all the way. Big rivalry between those two. Awesome match. Hope Rory wins. Can’t say I like the others that much. Any non American will do.

Loving the LPGA event from Gold Canyon at Superstition Mountain in Arizona too. Played there a long time ago. Absolutely spectacular scenery. Fantastic place. Cold beer too.

Reactions: 1 user

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Snuffler just doesn’t quit. J Day lost his form a bit in the afternoon but Snuffler just kept on making putts and shots. The Rory match was tight all the way. Big rivalry between those two. Awesome match. Hope Rory wins. Can’t say I like the others that much. Any non American will do.

Loving the LPGA event from Gold Canyon at Superstition Mountain in Arizona too. Played there a long time ago. Absolutely spectacular scenery. Fantastic place. Cold beer too.
What did you think of the Austin Country Club? I didn't mind it, something a bit different.

It was a good come back from Herbie after missing the cut last tournament, the goes with Rory too, tweaked his driver a bit a got a new putter.

$cheffler is the best, bad putter I've ever seen.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
What did you think of the Austin Country Club? I didn't mind it, something a bit different.

It was a good come back from Herbie after missing the cut last tournament, the goes with Rory too, tweaked his driver a bit a got a new putter.

$cheffler is the best, bad putter I've ever seen.
Funny you ask that. JT pulled out of the event because he never plays well there and it just doesn’t fit with him - plus he wanted a break before going full bore before the Masters. It’s ok. Bit cramped by the looks of it. Probably ok for match play. Austin is a great town.

That’s a new driver which Rory was forced to use by TM. He likes his old one better apparently. The putter is a Scotty Cameron model he’s used in the past to win majors. Pffft. I could have told him that Scotty’s are what he - and everyone else - should be using.

• Haha

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Funny you ask that. JT pulled out of the event because he never plays well there and it just doesn’t fit with him - plus he wanted a break before going full bore before the Masters. It’s ok. Bit cramped by the looks of it. Probably ok for match play. Austin is a great town.

That’s a new driver which Rory was forced to use by TM. He likes his old one better apparently. The putter is a Scotty Cameron model he’s used in the past to win majors. Pffft. I could have told him that Scotty’s are what he - and everyone else - should be using.
Herbie @ $326 to win the Masters, while probably unlikely, it's generous.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Herbo OWGR predicted to be 51 by March 27 and thus missing out on Augusta.

But predictions are that Day and Min Woo will make it.

Augusta should suit Min Woo as well.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Herbo OWGR predicted to be 51 by March 27 and thus missing out on Augusta.

But predictions are that Day and Min Woo will make it.

Augusta should suit Min Woo as well.
Top 50 isn't it, by my calculations Herbie is 46.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Damn !!!!

Adding to Herbert’s pain is the projected change to his Official World Golf Ranking.

Coming into the week ranked 56th and needing to move into the top 50 to secure a spot at The Masters, unofficial projections suggest Herbert will be 51st when the rankings are updated and will not receive a late invite to Augusta National.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Amazing couple of semi final matches. Extra holes with both. Huge ebbs and flows in both matches.

The fans are gonna get their wish - Rory v Scheffler. Just it’s gonna be in the Consolation Match !

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Disappointing final. Young was off and Burns continued to be lights out, especially with the putter. Easy victory.

And Rory snuffs out the Snuffler in the Consolation Match. 2 big Ryder Cup adversaries he beat this week - Snuffler and X. Hopefully that’s a portent of things to come in Rome later in the year.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Profound apologies, golf pundits. I'm dealing with an unexpected crisis and will be unable to update the scores.
I note sct has not been on this site since Aug 2022, not long after sending the above message. I sincerely hope things have turned out OK although it is concerning he hasn't been seen for so long.

Always enjoyed reading his posts on all manner of topics, particularly movies and sports other than football.

He struck as a big golf fan, maybe someone who has knowledge of his situation could let us know if all OK?

With The Masters coming up I hope sct makes his way back to the board.

Reactions: 4 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Crossed off a bucket list item on weekend when played Barnbougle Dunes & Lost Farm.

Magnificent setting for golf. The Dunes course is clearly the superior one IMO and am a little surprised at the high ratings Lost Farm enjoys in the various rankings lists. It is a very enjoyable course to play but it wouldn't be in the top 10 courses I have played and I haven't played that many of the top 50 lists.

The whole experience is great though, the sports bar has lots of sport and racing on tv and plenty of cold drinks.

Reactions: 2 users

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
Nup. No invite for Herbo.

Not playing in Texas either so he’s done.

Strange he's not having a crack, especially seeing as he will likely get the next week off anyway.

Trying to think of something I wouldn't do if I thought I had a chance of qualifying for the Masters, list certainly goes well beyond playing a tournament.