Golf | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Golf

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Imagine the patience you’d have to have to caddy for Day or Spieth , can’t believe how good they are with such constant negative thoughts.

really like the telecast without crowds

scottyturnerscurse

Tiger Legend
Apr 29, 2006
Imagine the patience you’d have to have to caddy for Day or Spieth , can’t believe how good they are with such constant negative thoughts.

really like the telecast without crowds

Imagine Jason Day winning a tournament while the whole world was getting sick.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Faldo would have to be one of my favourite commentators in sport , like ol IBF too
I enjoyed the banter between Faldo and Mickelson when Mickelson spent a bit of time commentating after his round. Like myself, I don't think Faldo thinks too much of Mickelson.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
I enjoyed the banter between Faldo and Mickelson when Mickelson spent a bit of time commentating after his round. Like myself, I don't think Faldo thinks too much of Mickelson.
It’s probably way back in this thread , however I remember been told by a good source that “Phil” would be the most disliked bloke on tour

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
I think the ribbing was good natured. Was fun listening to Phil, generally can't stand him but he was entertaining.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Looks like a good finish coming up , like to see Casey or Finau get the Trophy.

I haven’t had a game in bloody ages now , however got myself a set of spalding elite blades and persimmon woods from the tip the other day, I think I’ll take them out to my old sandscrape course for a trundle soon, I’ll use the modern ball though

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Looks like a good finish coming up , like to see Casey or Finau get the Trophy.

I haven’t had a game in bloody ages now , however got myself a set of spalding elite blades and persimmon woods from the tip the other day, I think I’ll take them out to my old sandscrape course for a trundle soon, I’ll use the modern ball though
It looks like being an epic finish I hope Casey wins too, I backed him yesterday at $15 on the back of him being bogey free day 2 and just the one on day 3. He hasn't had a bogey through 12 today.

Last edited:

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
I've only started watching the PGA tour recently due to having the free Kayo 2-month trial.

I'm really enjoying Nick Faldo's commentary, he is a really entertaining and knowledgeable golf personality on both the golf swing mechanics and the psychology behind the best players.

I loved his comments on Si Woo Kim just before he aced the 2nd hole. He mentions Kim's perfectly aligned posture and body just before the ball hops into the hole.

Happens around the 50:00 mark of the replay of R3 coverage.

MD Jazz

Feb 3, 2017
I've only started watching the PGA tour recently due to having the free Kayo 2-month trial.

I'm really enjoying Nick Faldo's commentary, he is a really entertaining and knowledgeable golf personality on both the golf swing mechanics and the psychology behind the best players.

I loved his comments on Si Woo Kim just before he aced the 2nd hole. He mentions Kim's perfectly aligned posture and body just before the ball hops into the hole.

Happens around the 50:00 mark of the replay of R3 coverage.
I think you'll find much of the coverage is effectively on delay so commentators often know what is going to happen. Its only the leaders and even then generally the final few holes that you are really getting live coverage. Unless it's Tiger or Phil and then you get every shot of every round.

MD Jazz

Feb 3, 2017
How great to see Melburnian David McKenzie shoot -9 62 at the champions tour event 1st round.

Amazingly overshadowed by Mickleson who shot a 61. But some other big names in the field, the likes of Choi, Singh, Langer, Els, Calcaveccia, O'Meara, Stricker, Toms, Montgomerie, Goosen.

Mckenzie has been a 30 year pro - the archetypal journeyman. Hope he can be in contention on the weekend.