Golf | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Golf

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Compound fractures of the right tibia and fibia. Rods inserted. Busted up right ankle and foot with pins and screws.

How's he gonna transfer his weight onto his right side now ? Can see a massive reverse pivot developing at the Masters. Although maybe his moon boot will prevent that. (Could be tough getting in and out of the bunkers though.)
Maybe he’ll just “stack and tilt” , even if they had to amputate he’d be swinging it better then when Sean Foley destroyed him

Reactions: 1 user

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Lol next thing you’ll say is Royce was better then Dusty

Its a no-brainer for people with a brain Burnside.

Majors: Jack 18 Tiger 15.
Majors: Jack 19 x 2nd place Tiger 6 x 2nd place. Hah hah hah....what a beating ! On the majors front, Jack absolutely hammers Tiger.
Tournaments: Jack 73 Tiger 82. They play an appx. extra 20% more tournaments in Tigers era.
Key Competitors: Jack = Palmer, Watson, Player, Trevino, Miller etc. Tiger = Mickelson, Els, Vijay. I mean c'mon......

It shouldn't even be up for discussion unless you are a short term, hysterical Gen Y'er or Gen X'er on ESPN or SEN1116 with no understanding of golf history.

Jack is the greatest golfer of all time. Fact.

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010
Do they have golf at the Paralympics?

An ex-classmate of my brother's was a promising footballer in the VFL and SANFL. Suffered a series of really bad ankle injuries that couldn't be fixed. He didn't actually lose the lower part of the limb or his foot, but I think the medicos basically ended up fusing the area together. So that his ankle and foot are next to useless apart from to stand on as support.

Being a young and a big strong athletic fella with plenty of life left in the body for athletic pursuits. He still had a desire to compete and push himself physically. So ended up taking to throwing events in track and field under the same disability category as I think he would have been in, if he entirely lost the lower part of his leg. Has competed in world championships in his category.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Its a no-brainer for people with a brain Burnside.

Majors: Jack 18 Tiger 15.
Majors: Jack 19 x 2nd place Tiger 6 x 2nd place. Hah hah hah....what a beating ! On the majors front, Jack absolutely hammers Tiger.
Tournaments: Jack 73 Tiger 82. They play an appx. extra 20% more tournaments in Tigers era.
Key Competitors: Jack = Palmer, Watson, Player, Trevino, Miller etc. Tiger = Mickelson, Els, Vijay. I mean c'mon......

It shouldn't even be up for discussion unless you are a short term, hysterical Gen Y'er or Gen X'er on ESPN or SEN1116 with no understanding of golf history.

Jack is the greatest golfer of all time. Fact.
Lol ol Blue Torana, cmon now , the only reason those old timers are classed as “ greats” was because there wasn’t any other golfers, was a true elitists sport back then , geeez you could have shot 80 in a pre qual for the US open and got a gig , the Collegiate factory produces so many very good players now, and so many can’t even get on the tour , back in the day they only played golf if they weren’t any good at real sports , however in all seriousness the big factor for me is equipment , the fact that the average chopper can find the sweet spot now shows that’s so much harder to get a break on the field when your hitting everything out of the true 5c sweet spot anyway , how about the ball , geez even you would play just a gentle fade instead of a voilent cut that would have happened down at Royal Hobart back in the day. Now how would ol Ohio Fats go trying to keep up with Tiger in the more then ever 100 metres in , lol embarrased that how ol Fats would go , not those over warmed slow greens where you just throw it up and it stops like it has an anchor these days, Id say jack would probably get a tour card , most likely after a couple of seasons on the hooters tour . Now Arnie sheeesh talk about overrated , has to be on a par with Dylan Shiel had more balls thrown back on the fairway then Jumbo in Japan .

I rest my case

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Lol ol Blue Torana, cmon now , the only reason those old timers are classed as “ greats” was because there wasn’t any other golfers, was a true elitists sport back then , geeez you could have shot 80 in a pre qual for the US open and got a gig , the Collegiate factory produces so many very good players now, and so many can’t even get on the tour , back in the day they only played golf if they weren’t any good at real sports , however in all seriousness the big factor for me is equipment , the fact that the average chopper can find the sweet spot now shows that’s so much harder to get a break on the field when your hitting everything out of the true 5c sweet spot anyway , how about the ball , geez even you would play just a gentle fade instead of a voilent cut that would have happened down at Royal Hobart back in the day. Now how would ol Ohio Fats go trying to keep up with Tiger in the more then ever 100 metres in , lol embarrased that how ol Fats would go , not those over warmed slow greens where you just throw it up and it stops like it has an anchor these days, Id say jack would probably get a tour card , most likely after a couple of seasons on the hooters tour . Now Arnie sheeesh talk about overrated , has to be on a par with Dylan Shiel had more balls thrown back on the fairway then Jumbo in Japan .

I rest my case

This is jbdumbo-esque posting Burnside.

Golf was, and continues to be, one of the highest participation sports in the world Burnside. What are you talking about ? And the collegiate system was in place back in Jack's day anyway ! Palmer played for Wake, Miller played for BYU, Watson played for Stanford etc etc.

Equipment ? If the equipment was inferior back then then surely that separates Jack even more ? Huh ?

Distance ? Are you serious ? The number one thing that set Jack apart when he came on the scene was how much further he hit it. He'd be the Bryson De Chambeau of the modern era off the tee if he was playing now.

I cant wait to see Tiger holing out at the age of 75 at the "slow" and soft greens of Augusta like this.

Jack is best. And comfortably.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
This is jbdumbo-esque posting Burnside.

Golf was, and continues to be, one of the highest participation sports in the world Burnside. What are you talking about ? And the collegiate system was in place back in Jack's day anyway ! Palmer played for Wake, Miller played for BYU, Watson played for Stanford etc etc.

Equipment ? If the equipment was inferior back then then surely that separates Jack even more ? Huh ?

Distance ? Are you serious ? The number one thing that set Jack apart when he came on the scene was how much further he hit it. He'd be the Bryson De Chambeau of the modern era off the tee if he was playing now.

I cant wait to see Tiger holing out at the age of 75 at the "slow" and soft greens of Augusta like this.

Jack is best. And comfortably.

Is that Jack on Holey Moley ? That holes about 90 yards isn’t it

Exactly my point re Jack , ball striking and Distance , the better striker you were the easier it was to hit it furter with more control, nowadays with tennis racquet like heads it’s nearly impossible to miss strike the ball, so back in the persimmon days if you healed or toed one you lose a *smile* load of distance and there was also a fair chance you’d have missed the fairway, now hit a pro v out of the toe it still goes 300 of the tee and most likely on the fairway . with “all” players hitting it so far and so many old courses still been used that have only had minor extensions, players are just about hitting wedge into every hole, this is where Tiger blows Jack out of the water , in saying that clearly the best 2 pressure putters that have been. Now re the Collegiate system it’s more about the constant teaching of the game, intense practice, amazing video technology, diet, physio, chiro, weight trading , the only weight training Fats did was at Burger King , point been it keeps the 11-200th ranked players a lot closer to the top 10 in previous years . Tiger has played against so many guns for 25 years , not just handful of player who one a few majors because the competition wasn’t there.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Is that Jack on Holey Moley ? That holes about 90 yards isn’t it

Exactly my point re Jack , ball striking and Distance , the better striker you were the easier it was to hit it furter with more control, nowadays with tennis racquet like heads it’s nearly impossible to miss strike the ball, so back in the persimmon days if you healed or toed one you lose a *smile* load of distance and there was also a fair chance you’d have missed the fairway, now hit a pro v out of the toe it still goes 300 of the tee and most likely on the fairway . with “all” players hitting it so far and so many old courses still been used that have only had minor extensions, players are just about hitting wedge into every hole, this is where Tiger blows Jack out of the water , in saying that clearly the best 2 pressure putters that have been. Now re the Collegiate system it’s more about the constant teaching of the game, intense practice, amazing video technology, diet, physio, chiro, weight trading , the only weight training Fats did was at Burger King , point been it keeps the 11-200th ranked players a lot closer to the top 10 in previous years . Tiger has played against so many guns for 25 years , not just handful of player who one a few majors because the competition wasn’t there.

90 yards...190 yards....at 81 he still gets the ball closer to the hole than you do chipping from 19 feet.

So you reckon technology has flattened out the performance difference ? Where's the actual data to suggest that ? There isn't any. And the very fact Jack could use less forgiving equipment better than anyone else only supports my position even further i.e. he was sooooo much better than everyone else. Everybody plays with what they're given at any point in time. Same playing field.

Woods trains hard. Els and Vijay did ? Fat Phil ? C'mon. Get off the drugs man.

Guns ? Yeah, like beating Rocco Mediate for the US Open or Bob May for the PGA Champ is beating a "gun." Gimme a "break" (see how I did that ?).

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
90 yards...190 yards....at 81 he still gets the ball closer to the hole than you do chipping from 19 feet.

So you reckon technology has flattened out the performance difference ? Where's the actual data to suggest that ? There isn't any. And the very fact Jack could use less forgiving equipment better than anyone else only supports my position even further i.e. he was sooooo much better than everyone else. Everybody plays with what they're given at any point in time. Same playing field.

Woods trains hard. Els and Vijay did ? Fat Phil ? C'mon. Get off the drugs man.

Guns ? Yeah, like beating Rocco Mediate for the US Open or Bob May for the PGA Champ is beating a "gun." Gimme a "break" (see how I did that ?).
:mhihi :mhihi :mhihi Even though not much of its true still some of your finest work, am I allowed to putt from 19 ft ?

Only quacks like Dr Pelz needs data , I’ll give you Jack is as close as anyone gets to Tiger , however Tigers arsenal of shot making and short game outside of putting blows the old fella out of the water, *smile* he hasn’t even won a major since 86

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
:mhihi :mhihi :mhihi Even though not much of its true still some of your finest work, am I allowed to putt from 19 ft ?

Only quacks like Dr Pelz needs data , I’ll give you Jack is as close as anyone gets to Tiger , however Tigers arsenal of shot making and short game outside of putting blows the old fella out of the water, *smile* he hasn’t even won a major since 86

Its Jack. And that's a fact. Facts. The record and data is there in black and white. Not some supposition mumbo jumbo. Facts Burnside. Records.

If I were you I'd putt from anywhere that's within 60 feet of the edge of the green. I'll show you how. Its one thing I can still do - putt and chip. Bunkers ok too.

You can show me how to swing the club on all other shots involving an iron. I've lost it completely.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Its Jack. And that's a fact. Facts. The record and data is there in black and white. Not some supposition mumbo jumbo. Facts Burnside. Records.

If I were you I'd putt from anywhere that's within 60 feet of the edge of the green. I'll show you how. Its one thing I can still do - putt and chip. Bunkers ok too.

You can show me how to swing the club on all other shots involving an iron. I've lost it completely.
On the very rare occasion that I was unable to help a fellow golfer improve thier game ,I would kindly suggest that the noble game of bowls may well be a better sporting option for them going forward

• Haha

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
I’m a big fan of Tiger, and hope he can get back to playing great golf again.
Sounds like his legs have been badly bent out of shape, I reckon he’ll play the dog legs well.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
I’m a big fan of Tiger, and hope he can get back to playing great golf again.
Sounds like his legs have been badly bent out of shape, I reckon he’ll play the dog legs well.
Was it the great Roy McEvoy or Chubbs Petersen who said ” it’s all in the hips” :mhihi

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
I read Cam Percy finished 7th on the PGA tour the other day, youve got to admire these guys chasing the dream, however at approximately 5k a week getting around , I don’t know how some of these guys keep doing it after 20+ years

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
I read Cam Percy finished 7th on the PGA tour the other day, youve got to admire these guys chasing the dream, however at approximately 5k a week getting around , I don’t know how some of these guys keep doing it after 20+ years

That was at Puerto Rico. Won US $91k (won US $80k the week before at the Peb).

But even if he doesn't win a single dollar, don't feel sorry for him and the travelling costs. You're Joe Blow and get a PGA Tour card nowadays - you get the best part of $1m in endorsements right off the bat.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
That was at Puerto Rico. Won US $91k (won US $80k the week before at the Peb).

But even if he doesn't win a single dollar, don't feel sorry for him and the travelling costs. You're Joe Blow and get a PGA Tour card nowadays - you get the best part of $1m in endorsements right off the bat.
True , Life’s good if you can get to the US PGA , on the other hand I still see guys out here potting around in pro am’s , don’t know how they survive