Golf | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Golf

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Terrible pairings by Crazy Padraig. Not that it would have mattered much the way they actually played.

Reactions: 1 user

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
I'd be playing Hovland before plenty of others, he played pretty well in the 4some and the 4ball.

Hatton was going like a busted arse but when the heat was on produced some super strikes the last two holes. He improved the greater the pressure so perhaps he should be given a shot in both 4 balls tomorrow.

Harrington has favoured the Irish to his detriment. McIlroy has been woeful. Lowry not much better.

MD Jazz

Feb 3, 2017
Jeez Thomas was annoying too with his over the top celebrations. They really shouldn't have got the tie, a couple of missed short putts kept them in it. He should be 0-2.

MD Jazz

Feb 3, 2017
How did Casey get another crack? Played poorly yesterday. Would have preferred Poulter get a crack

Reactions: 1 user

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
The Euros can’t make a 10-15 foot putt to save themselves the last 2 days. Westwood, Casey, Hovland, Rory… they just can’t hole anything. Run it close but can’t hole it.

MD Jazz

Feb 3, 2017
Yeh the putting has been the big difference. That range you stated especially

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
I wouldn’t have Westwood and Casey out there in foursomes. They’re not good enough putters. He’s done it twice now silly Padraig.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
What a terrible morning foursomes performance by the Euros the first 2 days - especially by the English players. Can’t hole anything that’s 8-10 feet out to 20. Nothing. Particularly Westwood who should never have been played in the foursomes. Him and Fitzpatrick terrible. Casey ordinary. And how did Hovland and Wiesberger lose their match like that ? Fell apart on the greens as well, on the back 9. Most non impactful Euro putting display I’ve seen in a long time.

Spaniards the only ones with any game.

Frustrating thing is, the Americans aren’t playing out of their skin. They’ve just been ok. Otherwise the Euros just can’t get anything going at all and are handing it to them.

Time to watch the four balls now.

Last edited:

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Rahm aside, I've barely seen a European player make a putt of consequence over any sort of length.

Lowry made one of the few on 18 but the overwhelming majority of those moments have passed with barely a whimper.

Awful performance and yet it wouldn't surprise me if it still gets tight tomorrow.
Yep.

Geez Hovland is an ordinary putter. Hatton, Rory and Fleetwood badly out of form. Westwood diabolical on the greens too.

The Americans are hitting it all over the place but the Euros are so off their game they can’t make them pay. At least Spieth and Thomas have had a few beatings.

Last edited:

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Yep.

Geez Hovland is an ordinary putter. Hatton, Rory and Fleetwood badly out of form. Westwood diabolical on the greens too.
You're not wrong with Hovland, he couldn't even get them close enough to lip out. Needs to get his eyes checked.