Good news from training | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Good news from training

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Was talking to Dunc at training and he said he's back running this week, and will be back into full training next week.

The power of positive thought, ha. I kept the faith. Dunc isn't finished yet. :D

I have to say Marty McGrath was the nicest person to speak to. He was lovely. Said he's had a bit of bad luck with injury but is going to have a real crack at making a go of it now.

I asked Jay when he's going to get a call up and he said he hopes soon but who knows. Didn't sound too convinced though.

I told Royce I'd have a chat to Danny and tell him to select him. He laughed and thanked me, said he needed help. ;D

There was the funniest guy there went to every player heckling them. I'm sure it was Newmo, ha. Danny was really funny with him. Told him must have overdosed on jelly beans. He was laughing at all the guys coaching advice.

Didn't see Staff or Johnno at all. There were two players with red hair. I gather they play at Coburg. Does anyone know who they'd be?

It's good of the players to stay out signing autographs for the kids when they probably want to get in from the cold.

Koalalill

Just looking for someone else to curse!
Dec 17, 2002
rosy3 said:
There were two players with red hair. I gather they play at Coburg. Does anyone know who they'd be?

Kelvin Moore is a red head
as is Bidders

Laff

September showers
Dec 19, 2002
I to was there and like match days it was like a carnival

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
I know Bidders and Dutchy but the guys I meant had bright red hair, not like those two. Think they were taller players.

TigersGoddess

Sing it Loud
Dec 17, 2002
Punt Road Oval
Rosy I'm pretty sure one was Kelvin Moore dunno who the other one was. I took a few photo's I'll see if I took any of the unknown red head and post it for people to see ;D

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Richo at training.

Richo played part of the praccy game up the ground and looked great running around. From watching practice I guess Otto will play FF this week and Richo will be freed up a bit.

While the game was happening Richo was on the sidelines practicing speccies over Stewart Loewes back for quite a long time.

Was so funny when he went for a high fly and slipped and fell on his bum in front of everyone.

Maybe he hurt his pride cos didn't look happy signing autographs. He was willingly doing it, but looked very serious and didn't crack a smile. He almost cracked it with a supporter who kicked the ball into the group of kids though. He looked around to see who it was but luckily the person wasn't identified. If looks could kill. ;)

Good onya Richo, was an idiot thing to do and the ball hit a kid in the face.

There is no doubt Richo is the kids hero at Tigerland.

They were riding every speccy with him, complete with oohs and ahhhhhs (and some laughs when he went arse over. ;D)

JohnF

LMFAOOO
Mar 29, 2003
LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOO chronically!

Richo even chucks the wobblies at training. ;D

I think its incumbent on the people working at tigerland to release a video of the highs and lows of Richo. I want a montage of speccies, freak goals, tantrums and clangers.

They Should call it "Richo: A Tragi-Comedy"

g0tigers

carn the mighty tiges
Jun 16, 2003
Victoria, Australia
rosy3 said:
Didn't see Staff or Johnno at all.

I saw staff after training. My mate and i were waiting to get picked up and staff parked his car in front of us and hopped with his kids and wife, assuming they were going to Disney on ice. (Unfortunetly thats were my mate, her young sister and i were heading as well :-[)

I saw a kid out on the ground wearing the #46, anyone know who that was?

rosy3 said:
It's good of the players to stay out signing autographs for the kids when they probably want to get in from the cold.

It was nice to see that Cogs, Otto and Rodan were out there the longest. They seemed to have signed everything that was put in front of them.

g0tigers

carn the mighty tiges
Jun 16, 2003
Victoria, Australia
JohnF said:
LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOO chronically!

Richo even chucks the wobblies at training. ;D

I think its incumbent on the people working at tigerland to release a video of the highs and lows of Richo. I want a montage of speccies, freak goals, tantrums and clangers.

They Should call it "Richo: A Tragi-Comedy"

LMFAO

TigersGoddess

Sing it Loud
Dec 17, 2002
Punt Road Oval
g0tigers said:
It was nice to see that Cogs, Otto and Rodan were out there the longest. They seemed to have signed everything that was put in front of them.
I went to training with 3 essendon supporters. My best mate, her little sister and her dad. My friends little sister decided she was going to get me the autographs of all my fave players (I didn't have the heart to tell I already have them). So she goes upto Cogs with the book she made just for this occasion and goes can you write to Nicole, and he goes is Nicole your name and she said nah my sisters friend it's her birthday in October this will be her present, and he goes oh that will be a nice present. I was standing right behind her at the time and nearly cracked up when she said it. It's always good to see the players signing autographs for the kids unlike some who nick off straight after training...

I got my photo's back... lets just say if I want to be a photographer I need to learn how to focus a camera in a big hurry. Here's a few of the pictures I managed to get into focus
http://au.photos.yahoo.com/tgsphotos

I took one of Richo when he was practicing marking unfortunately it turned out blurry (sorry to all the richo fans)

g0tigers

carn the mighty tiges
Jun 16, 2003
Victoria, Australia
TigersGoddess said:
So she goes upto Cogs with the book she made just for this occasion and goes can you write to Nicole, and he goes is Nicole your name and she said nah my sisters friend it's her birthday in October this will be her present, and he goes oh that will be a nice present. I was standing right behind her at the time and nearly cracked up when she said it. It's always good to see the players signing autographs for the kids unlike some who nick off straight after training...

Hope you like your birthday present!! ;D maybe look surprised when she gives it too you.... ::) ;) lol

Great photos aswell!!

Weird to think we could have all been sitting next to each other and not have known it.... ::)

TigersGoddess

Sing it Loud
Dec 17, 2002
Punt Road Oval
g0tigers said:
Hope you like your birthday present!! ;D maybe look surprised when she gives it too you.... ::) ;) lol
Well I would've pretended to look surprised but she showed it to me once we got in the car. But I can't have it til my birthday because she has to write a note in it first. Gotta love all the original messages I got too.
To Nicole, Go Tigers >>insert signature here<<

g0tigers

carn the mighty tiges
Jun 16, 2003
Victoria, Australia
TigersGoddess said:
Well I would've pretended to look surprised but she showed it to me once we got in the car. But I can't have it til my birthday because she has to write a note in it first.
[/qoute]
LOL!!! Thats so cute! ;D

TigersGoddess said:
Gotta love all the original messages I got too.
To Nicole, Go Tigers >>insert signature here<<

:rollin So Original ::)

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
Sounds good Goddess.

Rosy, have yo uthought further about the possibility of maybe having a photo board here of pics of members to this site for those that dont mind showing their face. Would be a great ideaand then not everyone would be so foreign.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
I'd love to make a photo page of our members if anyone wants to e-mail the pics to me.
You can start a new thread about it shawry and see if there is any interest.
I doubt too many will send them but hope I'm proven wrong.

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
I will Rosy, too many anonomous people and i would like to think that if i saw someone i conversewith here i could actualyl know it is them and talk to them rather than jsut walk past thinking they are a total stranger.

Where would you like the thread started?