Grand Final 2020 Thread Richmond Vs Geelong / Game Day Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Grand Final 2020 Thread Richmond Vs Geelong / Game Day Thread

velotiger

Tiger Cub
Dec 12, 2010
Hey all, happy Grand Final week! Having recently returned from overseas (& out quarantine) I'm finding myself in Sydney and wondering if anyone has any suggestions on where I can catch the game here? Preferably surrounded by Tigers

Reactions: 5 users

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
I reckon they wont know what hit them first quarter, they wont be prepared for what we will bring.
Unfortunately I reckon Shaun Grigg will be telling them exactly what we'll bring and how Damien will be putting that message across :(.... whether they can cope with it is another story!

Reactions: 1 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Contrasting Bachars and Dangers narratives is an encouraging exercise.

Bachar; we dont think about outcomes, just the process that increases the liklihood of a favourable outcome.

Danger; ive spoken to teammates and friends who have won and lost grandfinals. Those that have won them say its great and those that have lost them say its dreadful.

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users

JR8

Tiger Legend
Apr 23, 2003
Melbourne - Eastern Subs
Unfortunately I reckon Shaun Grigg will be telling them exactly what we'll bring and how Damien will be putting that message across :(.... whether they can cope with it is another story!

Dont reckon they need Shaun Grigg to tell them what to expect. They know it anyway!!

Reactions: 3 users

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
Nah, we've shifted maps since then. Our massive strength is we keep the opposition guessing. And the media.
Grigg will think he has some idea .... and even that plays into our hands ..

Reactions: 3 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Dont reckon they need Shaun Grigg to tell them what to expect. They know it anyway!!

Grigg: (special team meeting) any questions?

Scott: i guess, shaun, start by explaining to the fellas what they can expect.

Grigg: Um, well i expect Marlion Pickett will run off the line at the first bounce and put Guthrie in The Mater. Then Dusty will go completely apeshit and almost certainly win the Norm Smith. They are way better than when i was there. Lynch is unstoppable and uf he doesnt get us, jack will. tommy? Youve got your work cut out on Balta. He benches 150kg and run 100m in 10.6. Dont even try tackle Bolton, you are wasting your time.

I suggest embracing the week

Any more questions?

(Danger raises his hand)

Yes?

Dangerfield: so how hard does Pickett hit do you reckon?

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
They will be expecting the heat. But are they expecting the type of heat we bring?
Salty said they learnt a lot from our last match.
But we've change our style a little since then.
Geelong just seem to be trying to catch up with us.
Always a step behind.

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
Lool Grigg they said the same about Blake and Rutten going to dons.Like Dimma said you can get the people in , but you need the cattle.

They may have learned alot so have we.I think he tryed to outsmart himself Scott sometimes.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

DjJazzyPete

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 8, 2014
Nata , Botswana
I knew we were disliked but I am finding that even people who are usually level headed friends admitting they were barracking hard for Port Adelaide to win
I never say bad things about their football teams
At least not blatantly to their face , but I’m quite shocked at the venom towards us from everybody that isn’t one of us
Yep This !! got this from My Cuz in Melbourne who is usually very level headed re footy . We usally have really good disusussions about the game but is a cats fan .
" Hope the Tigers loose bad
with snipers like cothin & lynch plus actors like flauston and grimes,in the bag .. "
I was a bit surprised as I never have a go at my family and mates about there teams .
Really haven't replied to that ..
Seeing lots of comments on FB from mates that support other clubs wanting us basically to loose badly ..comments like .. umpires favor us , were arrogant , afl pets etc etc etc ..
REALLY HOPE WE WIN BIG TIME SATURDAY .. GO TIGERS

Last edited:
  • Haha

JR8

Tiger Legend
Apr 23, 2003
Melbourne - Eastern Subs
I knew we were disliked but I am finding that even people who are usually level headed friends admitting they were barracking hard for Port Adelaide to win
I never say bad things about their football teams
At least not blatantly to their face , but I’m quite shocked at the venom towards us from everybody that isn’t one of us

I'm finding the same thing. In 2017 I surprisingly had quite a few of my Non-Richmond supporting friends wish me luck against the Crows. So far this week I've got NOTHING!!!!!!!

Not expecting any well wishes either but I honestly don't care.

I reckon I want this Premiership more than the 2017 one (which I never would have thought possible!!!).

Reactions: 10 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Yep This !! got this from My Cuz in Melbourne who is usually very level headed re footy . We usally have really good disusussions about the game but is a cats fan .
with snipers like cothin & lynch plus actors like flauston and grimes,in the bag .. "
I was a bit surprised as I never have a go at my family and mates about there teams .
Seeing lots of comments on FB from mates that support other clubs wanting us basically to loose badly ..comments like .. umpires favor us , were arrogant , afl pets etc etc etc ..
:)

Just reply that she shouldn't base all her football knowledge on what Robbo says

Reactions: 1 user

tigers80

Tiger Legend
Jul 7, 2004
I think Chris scott would've taken some things from their loss.
He's a smart operator.
This will be a tough affair.

Reactions: 6 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
I'm finding the same thing. In 2017 I surprisingly had quite a few of my Non-Richmond supporting friends wish me luck against the Crows. So far this week I've got NOTHING!!!!!!!

Not expecting any well wishes either but I honestly don't care.

I reckon I want this Premiership more than the 2017 one (which I never would have thought possible!!!).
I never say much to opposition supporters, partly because it can come back and bite you but mostly because it's not like a supporter has some bearing on the result, we are just supporters.

However for some reason I have been inundated with anti Richmond stuff this week. My response is to play it low key but underneath my feeling is that we are no different to the supporters of any successful club and we are enjoying it and also we copped a lot for a lot of years. I reckon we deserve our moment in the sunshine.

If we win I am not going to throw it in anyone's face but I am also not going to feel guilty about celebrating.

Reactions: 9 users

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
I've experienced both sides. Some want us to lose, some want us to win.

Not too fussed about the criticism. The media have hyped it up about Gaz and Dangerflop. Lot's of punters influenced by the dribble.

Walk softly.....................................

Reactions: 7 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I dont get any negative texts from non-richmond people anymore.

over the years, any unsolicited negativity towards the tigers,

ive replied to every one that was unconstructive, undeserved and/or unintelligent

get *smile* you *smile*.

and I just dont get them anymore.

I actually only have about 5 friends left, and they all barrack for Richmond, themselves, or vicariously through me

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 22 users

tiger76

Tiger Superstar
Mar 26, 2014
I think Chris scott would've taken some things from their loss.
He's a smart operator.
This will be a tough affair.
Sure.

However I think the Tiges will ultimately be irrepressible.

Richmond's pressure and newly developed clearance game will overwhelm Geelong at some point in the game; it's just a matter of at which point.

And then the DVD commemorating Richmond's three premierships will start with footage of Scott gobbing off about Richmond not being that good...

• Haha

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008

Hard to do but best tactic is to just ignore
If we do win it - there's another good tactic but let’s just wait for now ......

Go Tiges!

Reactions: 2 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
I dont get any negative texts from non-richmond people anymore.

over the years, any unsolicited negativity towards the tigers,

ive replied to every one that was unconstructive, undeserved and/or unintelligent

get *smile* you *smile*.

and I just dont get them anymore.

I actually only have about 5 friends left, and they all barrack for Richmond, themselves, or vicariously through me
Yep. Copped some crap from my nana. “Hope the cats win. They deserve it” as she smiled.

Just moved her into the nursing home, the bad one.
Who’s smiling now you wrinkled old prune.

• Haha
Reactions: 24 users

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
An Adelaide supporting friend of mine texted me after the game "I'm glad you beat Port but I hope you lose next week.".
Sheesh. Unnecessary I thought. I haven't replied.
Maybe I went a bit hard on him after 2017 (unlike me, but the excitement of the drought-breaking flag may have got the better of me).
Anyway, a bit rich considering where his mob finished.

So we are playing Geelong in a Grand Final on neutral territory.
A rare opportunity to silence alot of critics.
I would give alot to win this ... I'd be willing to close the book on this era of success even.

Reactions: 7 users