Grand Final 2021 - Dees v Dogs | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Grand Final 2021 - Dees v Dogs

Who do you want to win? Who do you think will win?

• Want Melbourne

• Want Bulldogs

• Think Melbourne

• Think Doggies

• Cheese Sandwich

Results are only viewable after voting.

Tigaman

Tiger Champion
May 23, 2010
Cup just moved from one end (Punt Road Oval) of Yarra Park Melbourne to the end (MCG).

Reactions: 1 users

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
I think the extra pick was for Frawley leaving. It was a rort for sure. Typical AFL manufactured outcome.
Yes, they got a "first round" compensation for Frawley, which meant immediately after their first round pick - pick 2. So Frawley compensation turned out 3.
Franklin was lost by the Hawks, to a club paying on average $1m a year. They got "end of first round", so basically after their pick being premiers. Compensation has been a joke since day 1.
Yes, it was contrived. It was there to lift the Dees up. It's why I get very little joy out of last night (apart from Neale Daniher). The whole thing was for the AFL to make contrived premiers.
Just like the AFL didn't like to perpetuate a Hawks or Tigers dynasty, they've wanted to manufacture a Dees and Giants Premiership.
Almost all boxes ticked Gil.

Reactions: 6 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Oh look out Trac is the new Dusty ...........gonna hear it all summer.

Well if you'd bothered watching the GF Craig it is a pretty fair assessment of Petracca no matter how much we wish it weren't the case.

Reactions: 8 users

nswtiger

tiger army tiger army!! thank you very much
Feb 14, 2005
Nrth NSW
How’s that weak excuse for a backman…. May ….giving a BS excuse for another sh@t game
I hurt my hamstring in the second quarter

Rubbish!!!

Reactions: 1 user

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Basil Z has had a 'mare. Stupid 20.21 suggestion, forget to let Goodwin speak and denied Embley the chance to announce the NS

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
A lot of people wanted the bullfrogs to win but the reason they annoy me was on full display last night.
They are the experts of the “Sellwood”, turning the neck and dropping the shoulder, and the throw yourself forward when tackled to get the cheap in the back. For the most part the umpires didn’t fall for it but they did a few times.
I like teams who just play footy and Melbourne did mostly although Brown got a few cheapies which annoyed me as well.
Dogs very lucky to be there in the end because Brisbane were very unlucky against them. Wouldn’t have mattered because the demons would have been too good for Port or the Lions as well.

Reactions: 7 users

WesternTiger

Tiger Legend
Nov 7, 2004
Yes, they got a "first round" compensation for Frawley, which meant immediately after their first round pick - pick 2. So Frawley compensation turned out 3.
Franklin was lost by the Hawks, to a club paying on average $1m a year. They got "end of first round", so basically after their pick being premiers. Compensation has been a joke since day 1.
Yes, it was contrived. It was there to lift the Dees up. It's why I get very little boy out of last night (apart from Neale Daniher). The whole thing was for the AFL to make contrived premiers.
Just like the AFL didn't like to perpetuate a Hawks or Tigers dynasty, they've wanted to manufacture a Dees and Giants Premiership.
Almost all boxes ticked Gil.
Yeah he just needs to congratulate the Dees at the start of the Draft and normality will have returned to the AFL.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Well if you'd bothered watching the GF Craig it is a pretty fair assessment of Petracca no matter how much we wish it weren't the case.

yeah, only 2 norm smiths separate them :cool:

but agree. texted a mate before the announcement 'Trac as clear cut and as good a game as Dusty '17'

that rolling pocket goal was sooooo dusty.

great player with the perfect foils

Reactions: 2 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Luke Jackson not getting the plaudits he deserves for one of the great ruckmens grand final games.

hes more Nank than Nank.

I'll have to check the replay, but I reckon he was in the ruck

for that 3 goal 30 seconds at the end of the 3rd q.

Bullied Footscray all night.

Hes my new favourite non-tiger.
Yeh, he was enormous. Chol has the same athletic gifts but a fraction of Jackson’s mongrel.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Yeh, he was enormous. Chol has the same athletic gifts but a fraction of Jackson’s mongrel.

Jackson strikes me as being stolen from a Far North Launceston logging family at birth and raised by Western Australians.

He fulfilled all my Ruckophile dreams yesterday.

a GF ruck mans game for the ages IMO

Batchelor Party

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 25, 2011
USA
They make the most of what they have, like all good teams.

Midfield rotations? What midfield rotations? They use one of the two ruckmen, Petracca, Oliver and Viney in the guts. Harmes occasionally tags someone, Neal-Bullen plays the Lambert role and allows Petracca to go forward and that is it.
Interesting observation. We saw the Richmond onballers fatigued this year, partly due to longer seasons and the frenetic game style. Wonder how long Melbourne can get away with using the same set of players for the vast majority of the season.

JimJessTorp

Barrels it!
May 20, 2009
An armchair in Sydney
Jackson strikes me as being stolen from a Far North Launceston logging family at birth and raised by Western Australians.

He fulfilled all my Ruckophile dreams yesterday.

a GF ruck mans game for the ages IMO
Logging? Perhaps. But with a side hustle of tow-truck driving.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne
That is a good point tottie. Oliver and Petracca must have had high TOG. Almost a return to playing your best players in the most important positions for as long as possible.

But can it be done year on year?