The_General | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The_General

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
I'm 28 and live in Coburg. I'm a Systems engineer for a railway signalling company. Previously I worked in a place called hell for 5 years, which some people may know as a call centre. Did 18 mths team leading there, and vowed never to return.

I've been following Richmond since 1980. I was 4, my father who is a mad collingwood supporter was yelling at the TV during the grand final. I got upset at all the yelling, so my brothers and sister decided to cheer me up by telling me that my team was winning. That seemed to work.

I got given a collingwood scarf and beanie the following winter, but I wanted one that was black and yellow not black and white. Havent been able to watch much football over the past few years, as my job has tended to make me travel and work almost every friday/saturday and sunday. I had a membership in frawleys first year, saw three games, and didnt bother after that cause i couldnt see the point in paying the cash. Changed that this year though.

I picked the general as a tag, mainly because I used to collect football cards when i was a kid, and the first three packs I opened all had a richmond player in them. The player was the same in each pack, and of course it was Mark Lee. Being a big bloke, I always liked to watch the KPP/ruckmen and he was a favourite of mine until he retired.

I found out about PRE in a newspaper at the end of last year, when I was reading about the elections. I've been trolling the boards ever since, but only recently started to post. I'd definitely exclude myself from the darksiders camp, although I'm tired of watching our club be a laughing stock. Here's hoping TW and GM can help restore us back to one of the 4 power clubs in the state again.

Hi General,
I admire your tenacity for sticking it out so long in a call centre. Was it one of those "have I got a deal for you" centres that ring at dinner time or did you handle a specific company and " for quality assurance we will be recording this call" type places?
Welcome aboard!

We did a bit of both, although I only ever did the call at dinner time stuff for 3 weeks.

2 of the major contracts I worked on were for a major telecoms company, and for a toll road company (I dealt with traffic infringements etc).

The_General said:
I've been following Richmond since 1980.  I was 4, my father who is a mad collingwood supporter was yelling at the TV during the grand final. I got upset at all the yelling, so my brothers and sister decided to cheer me up by telling me that my team was winning. That seemed to work.

Amazing how little things can set the course of your life. Welcome to PRE General. :)