Griffiths | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Griffiths

scottyturnerscurse

Tiger Legend
Apr 29, 2006
the claw said:
really have to question this pick for several reasons.

to me hes a b grader there was two better tpyes there for the taking in carlisle and black. i thought this bloke may slip to pick 35.

bastinac bartlett stevens all still there at 19 as well.

it was a draft with a lot of good mids and we take one.

yawn

NZtiger

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 1, 2008
Wellington
Baloo said:
Poor Griffiths, he's now going to be judged a lot harder than others and compared constantly to those who went after him.

Come on Baloo. That kinda thing never happens on PRE :hihi

GoodOne

Tiger Legend
Apr 2, 2004
the claw said:
really have to question this pick for several reasons.

to me hes a b grader there was two better tpyes there for the taking in carlisle and black. i thought this bloke may slip to pick 35.

bastinac bartlett stevens all still there at 19 as well.

it was a draft with a lot of good mids and we take one.

And then complain about our lack of talls. Hard to win. This guy has talent, has shown he can kick bags of goals. There is no way he would have dropped to anywhere near 35. Major risk is his shoulder but the upside is massive.

tha8ball

Tiger Legend
Jan 6, 2005
Oh East Melbourne!
Pretty simple - get him right and we have a big marking, big kicking POWER fwd. Key is - getting him right. Watched a few games and he just ripped games apart simply by being too big and strong.. his brother Luke called me the moment he was drafted and the family were going nuts - they r ectatic about him going to richmond - we were keen from the get go and i cant wait to see him take the field. With Griff, Roo, Post, Vickery, Astbury - getting some decent young key talls who can take big marks and kick goals.

chaz

time to take out the trash
Feb 2, 2005
wangaratta
tha8ball said:
Pretty simple - get him right and we have a big marking, big kicking POWER fwd. Key is - getting him right. Watched a few games and he just ripped games apart simply by being too big and strong.. his brother Luke called me the moment he was drafted and the family were going nuts - they r ectatic about him going to richmond - we were keen from the get go and i cant wait to see him take the field. With Griff, Roo, Post, Vickery, Astbury - getting some decent young key talls who can take big marks and kick goals.

Exactly what u want to hear a kid who really wants to play for u, we desperatly needed a big bodied forward lets hope all things now go to plan injury wise. welcome to the tiges griffo

smasha

Richmond Forever
May 23, 2003
Bundoora
Welcome Griffo.

Prove the plump KB heroes wrong.

That's keyboard hehe.

Rapt to have you at Tigerland.

keepa lids onit

Medal number 1, 2 & 3
May 13, 2005
very happy we picked a tall at 19. KP is our weakest department by far, so im happy we used an early pick on a quality tall, to adress this area rather than hoping on a KP with pick 60.....

how many mids do u want claw??? thats all we have at our club, small mids.....come on man!

tigertime2

Our cup runneth over!
Mar 22, 2008
If he was not injured would have went in the top 5 according to astute judges - well worth the risk.

the claw

thufferin thuckertash
Jun 17, 2003
WA
GoodOne said:
And then complain about our lack of talls. Hard to win. This guy has talent, has shown he can kick bags of goals. There is no way he would have dropped to anywhere near 35. Major risk is his shoulder but the upside is massive.
your opinion is he would not have lasted to pick 35 mine is he may have. i had two others in front of him and they lasted to picks 24 and 25. was quite happy to take a couple of b grade talls at 35 and 44 not at 19. did we take any other talls other than astbury and griffiths.
just my opinion but i would have taken carlisle or black in front of him if we were to use a pick on a tall at 19. ive said for awhile now if bastinac was there at 19 we should take him.

rhis is not a go at any one or griffiths i hope he can be the next richo or plugger im just voicing my opinion very early that imo it would have been better to take carlisle or black at 19 if we were to take a tall there. why because i rate them a little higher than griffiths nothing else in it.
we dont all clap our hands with glee just because the club has drafted someone. with bastinac bartlett and stevens i reckon you could say you are pretty confident of them being good footballers griffiths well lets hope thay have it right and have the same confidence.they better, pick 19 is not to be trifled with. for now i will trust they know what they are doing and have made a good choice and i will reiterate again im just voicing an opinion probably when i shouldnt i have not seen much of the kids at all this yr.

oh and good luck ben heres hoping you have a long and illustrious career at richmond. you have obvious talent and i apologise before hand for rating a couple of talls in front of you .

shouldnt say it here but sheesh we should have tanked picks 18 and 20 we could have had the best of both worlds.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
the claw said:
shouldnt say it here but sheesh we should have tanked picks 18 and 20 we could have had the best of both worlds.

i blame mcmahon for kicking that goal against the demons. :)

Hayfever

Tiger Champion
Apr 12, 2005
the claw said:
About time you put the rear vision mirrors away Claw ;)

ROLLS ROYCE

once a tiger, always a tiger
Oct 6, 2007
mackay, qld
the claw said:
your opinion is he would not have lasted to pick 35 mine is he may have. i had two others in front of him and they lasted to picks 24 and 25. was quite happy to take a couple of b grade talls at 35 and 44 not at 19. did we take any other talls other than astbury and griffiths.
just my opinion but i would have taken carlisle or black in front of him if we were to use a pick on a tall at 19. ive said for awhile now if bastinac was there at 19 we should take him.

rhis is not a go at any one or griffiths i hope he can be the next richo or plugger im just voicing my opinion very early that imo it would have been better to take carlisle or black at 19 if we were to take a tall there. why because i rate them a little higher than griffiths nothing else in it.
we dont all clap our hands with glee just because the club has drafted someone. with bastinac bartlett and stevens i reckon you could say you are pretty confident of them being good footballers griffiths well lets hope thay have it right and have the same confidence.they better, pick 19 is not to be trifled with. for now i will trust they know what they are doing and have made a good choice and i will reiterate again im just voicing an opinion probably when i shouldnt i have not seen much of the kids at all this yr.

oh and good luck ben heres hoping you have a long and illustrious career at richmond. you have obvious talent and i apologise before hand for rating a couple of talls in front of you .

well done Flawless. A well worded post and almost a positive spin.

With the little I know, very happy with the Big Lug mainly because his upside is HUGE if we can get his body right.