Guess our Pick 27 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Guess our Pick 27

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
leon said:
We have heaps of HBFs or guys who can play there. Our scoring is our major issue: our greatest need is a fast, hard-running, mobile marking forward tall like a Gunston or Crows' Lynch. JR8 is forced to try and play this role but just doesn't have the leg-speed and it moves him too far away from goal. This is especially a problem now with no TV. Griff is needed to lead up too and present in marking contests, plus do ruck back-up. I hope Cal Moore can come on in this role but no certainty.

So maybe Battle or Kerr, or one of the other JRs if they are versatile enough to play F and B, but it all depends on whose still there.

Cal Moore :rofl
He isnt VFL quality

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Early days yet. Given he is playing VFL for his 2nd year, you must be wrong.

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
leon said:
We have heaps of HBFs or guys who can play there. Our scoring is our major issue: our greatest need is a fast, hard-running, mobile marking forward tall like a Gunston or Crows' Lynch. JR8 is forced to try and play this role but just doesn't have the leg-speed and it moves him too far away from goal. This is especially a problem now with no TV. Griff is needed to lead up too and present in marking contests, plus do ruck back-up. I hope Cal Moore can come on in this role but no certainty.

So maybe Battle or Kerr, or one of the other JRs if they are versatile enough to play F and B, but it all depends on whose still there.

Agree on the need, but big pass on Battle for leysy.

Actually think he'll struggle to get drafted on Friday.

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Leysy Days said:
Agree on the need, but big pass on Battle for leysy.

Actually think he'll struggle to get drafted on Friday.

Happy to defer to the opinion of anyone who really follows the draftees closer than myself. But I'm certain we need forwards and was only interested in Battle as he is supposed to be one of the most reliable kicks. Although Markov may be able to play forward eventually, lacks a strong enough body perhaps just yet. Cal Moore same probably and a questionable kick. Can't find the stat I want right now, but we are one of the least effective clubs for scoring from F50 entries.

Not sure how we will even replace TV's 25-30 goals. Rioli and Lloyd improving but still need far more offensive power to make any serious inroads over 2017. Lennon - who knows? Not any surprise - the biggest challenge in the game is to score goals.

Like Begley's offensive game; maybe a forward pick-up who could even step up for 2017 with his strong physique; then grab a KPF with first rounder next year. If available.

mad_tiggy911

Tiger Legend
Mar 30, 2009
Re the 25 goals reckon Lennon will have more impact than TV did over the last couple of years.

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
mad_doggy911 said:
Re the 25 goals reckon Lennon will have more impact than TV did over the last couple of years.

I won't bother asking what rational grounds you are basing that on. I'll just call you a super optimist.

But hope you're right. Landing a regular place in the AFL team would be a good start.

E

easy_tiger

I reckon its going to be a chaos draft.

I'll go a big roughie to fall to 30.

Will Brodie.

blx

Tiger Champion
Feb 11, 2004
Melbourne
easy said:
I reckon its going to be a chaos draft.

I'll go a big roughie to fall to 30.

Will Brodie.

if we land Brodie I will end my Pick 6 criticism right there and then!!!

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
FitenFitenWin said:
Going completely by what you guys that know what you're talking about reckon:
Drew
Himmelberg
Kirby

Will likely have to spend a pick on Kirby to get him, word is he wont be available after today.

Id like to see the Tigers take a chance on someone like Tyler Keitel as a rookie 194/195cm KPD/KPF swingman as cover, has been doing well in WA, he could be nicknamed Harvey or Mr White or the Wolf ;D.