Gutted, Devastated, Inconsolable | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Gutted, Devastated, Inconsolable

diggler

The Tigers Spine
Dec 18, 2002
Why couldnt I get one little laugh for the day with the opportunity to see Dunc kick into the wind before he got injured!

He should do the honourable thing and retire gracefully. His body is clearly not up to it anymore, time to give a rookie a chance.

P

PuntRoadRoar

unfortuntely i agree, cant afford to wait and hope for these players who continually get injured to come back and save the day because it just doesnt happen.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
What difference does Dunc make. He took a pay cut to enable us to afford other players contracts.

He's costing nothing to run, yet you guys make him the whipping boy.

His career may well end prematurely due to injury but at least he's given his all for his team mates.

DF how would anyone take you seriously when you constantly bag Duncan Kellaway yet you continually sing the praises of Kayne Pettifer.

Yeah Dunc has been on the sidelines all year but he still hasn't done much less than Pettifer for the season. A player not stepping up when needed is a far bigger disgrace than one being out injured.

One of those two are the heart and soul type of player every club needs and the other has given 3 years of nothing.
Do you need 3 guesses which is which? :mad: :mad: :mad:

P

PuntRoadRoar

i dont deny he has heart, determination and give everything he has to our club rosy, but he is ALWAYS getting injured, its time he called it quits.

injured this year, and last year etc.... its not good enough anymore.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
I still don't see how singling out one player to retire mid season is any benefit to anybody.
He'd still have to be paid.
Diggles said it would give a rookie a chance, well that's crap.
We've got plenty of room to bring a rookie up if we wanted to.
2 issues there? Do we have one ready yet, and secondly can we afford it?
There's no use bringing one up just for the sake of it.

What is Dunc's injury anyway?

DragicevicFan

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2002
Melbourne
rosy3 said:
His career may well end prematurely due to injury but at least he's given his all for his team mates.

DF how would anyone take you seriously when you constantly bag Duncan Kellaway yet you continually sing the praises of Kayne Pettifer.

Yeah Dunc has been on the sidelines all year but he still hasn't done much less than Pettifer for the season. A player not stepping up when needed is a far bigger disgrace than one being out injured.

Rosy, I am the first to admit that Duncan has given the Richmond Football Club more than can be expected of a player. He has put his body on the line more times than Kayne has had kicks at this stage, and the way he has come back from two knee reco's, numerous other injuries and the constant sledging on the message board is a credit to him, and I am full of admiration for the man.

However, it seems his years of throwing himself into packs, and constant courageous acts have caught up with the body, and while he would love to keep going, his body is saying 'no more'. I fully admire his commitment, courage and everything he has done for our club.

On the matter of Kayne, I dont think I constantly sing his praises, I simply think he is a talented kid, who if given an oppurtunity, with some ground time for a few full games, can give something to our footy club.

I'm as frustrated as everyone that Burgoyne is playing well, that McMahon is a good player, but we took Kayne at pick 9, and i still like to think he will come through with the goods, hopefully soon.

Maybe i'm living in a dream land, and Kayne will never be any good, but i for one hope he is. While you defend Dunc against the tide, Kayne needs someone to stick up for him, and I'm taking on the role.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Haha DF maybe you choose to forget the MSN and SMS comments you make to me. The ones you don't post on the board about these two players? ::)

Anyway I still don't see how you or Diggler or PRR see how Duncan going mid season can possibly benefit anyone. Surely you don't agree with Diggles that it will give a rookie a chance, so I'd be interetsed in knowing your reasons to agreeing to a mid season retirement?

DragicevicFan

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2002
Melbourne
The fact that i think Duncan should no longer be in our best 22, cant kick and is holding our team back, doesnt mean that i dont respect what he has done for our club.

As for mid season retirements, it wont happen, and wouldnt really help anyone. If we wanted to promote a rookie we would have done so by now, but obviously we dont want to, or cant afford it. I just feel that yesterdays injury has virtually ensured DK retires at seasons end.

Laff

September showers
Dec 19, 2002
I can't believe that dud still gets a game he is a hack and his disposal is child like. They need to call a press conference now and end it all and while they are there announce that spud the dud won't be back either

diggler

The Tigers Spine
Dec 18, 2002
I was being polite about Dunc, but Laffs is on the money 100% Players like him have held us back for years, so he can belt off with his dud mate Frawley. 15 other coaches would not have tolerated his incompetant disposal.

Laff

September showers
Dec 19, 2002
Here here Diggler you are a breathe of fresh air and its time your open and honest analysis was used at punt road then we might get the changes we are longing for

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Agree - Dunc don't bother about making another come-back. Also we should cut our losses with Pettifer now and try and trade him and if not delist him. The guy is useless and has no talent.

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
rosy3 said:

From reports, it sounds like he's done something similar to what Richo did in 2000 which ended Richo's season that year - a torn ligament or fracture inside his foot. Poor Duncan :(.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
mightytiges said:
rosy3 said:

From reports, it sounds like he's done something similar to what Richo did in 2000 which ended Richo's season that year - a torn ligament or fracture inside his foot. Poor Duncan :(.

Where did you read that mt? The only report I can find is this mornings one from realfooty but none with the results of the scan. Haven't checked the RFC site for info cos it's very slow tonight.
http://www.realfooty.theage.com.au/articles/2003/06/14/1055220811630.html

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
rosy3 said:
mightytiges said:
rosy3 said:

Where did you read that mt? The only report I can find is this mornings one from realfooty but none with the results of the scan. Haven't checked the RFC site for info cos it's very slow tonight.
http://www.realfooty.theage.com.au/articles/2003/06/14/1055220811630.html

Dr Peter Larkins on TFS this morning. It was nowhere 100% certain though.

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
DragicevicFan said:
rosy3 said:
On the matter of Kayne, I dont think I constantly sing his praises, I simply think he is a talented kid, who if given an oppurtunity, with some ground time for a few full games, can give something to our footy club.

I'm as frustrated as everyone that Burgoyne is playing well, that McMahon is a good player, but we took Kayne at pick 9, and i still like to think he will come through with the goods, hopefully soon.

Maybe i'm living in a dream land, and Kayne will never be any good, but i for one hope he is. While you defend Dunc against the tide, Kayne needs someone to stick up for him, and I'm taking on the role.

I am with you on Pettifer i think he only needs game time. did ok yesterday in his 55 minutes on the ground, and we had worse players. For the first time i actually saw him do 2 shepherds for teammates when this was my main criticism of him. He is improving and just needs some game time. At elast he has obviously worked on someo f his deficiencies at Coburg.

I'll defend him with you DF.