Hairbrained Cats theory | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Hairbrained Cats theory

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
Been watching the replay over and over and noticing things all the time. This might seem pretty trivial but here’s my theory .....

Geelong lost because they had too many players poncing about with manicured hairdos that affected their concentration and ability to play the game.

Look at ‘em all - Miers, Guthrie, Henry, Stanley, Blicavs and Stewart all had poncy hair styles that would have taken up valuable pre-game preparation time. While our blokes were having their ankles strapped and getting rub downs - these blokes were attending to their dreads and buns and hair bands while SuperCoach was doling out tactics. No wonder they couldn’t cope out on the ground.

In fact if you check the video it’s obvious that Cryin Gryan missed that certain goal only because his dreads were completely blocking his eyes. And Stanley dropped that sitter and lost the ball to Dusty because he had too much hair gel on his hands. Blicavs was all on his own at one stage but still got burnt off by Georgie because his bun elastic on was too tight and restricted the blood flow to his brain. All Guthrie wanted was to make sure he was noticed by the Geelong people casting votes for the B&F and Henry just exactly played like he looked - *smile* ridiculous.

Can’t be certain - but I’m just glad that on the ground our blokes use stoppages to worry about getting to position and not farting about adjusting their hair

• Haha
Reactions: 12 users

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
Been watching the replay over and over and noticing things all the time. This might seem pretty trivial but here’s my theory .....

Geelong lost because they had too many players poncing about with manicured hairdos that affected their concentration and ability to play the game.

Look at ‘em all - Miers, Guthrie, Henry, Stanley, Blicavs and Stewart all had poncy hair styles that would have taken up valuable pre-game preparation time. While our blokes were having their ankles strapped and getting rub downs - these blokes were attending to their dreads and buns and hair bands while SuperCoach was doling out tactics. No wonder they couldn’t cope out on the ground.

In fact if you check the video it’s obvious that Cryin Gryan missed that certain goal only because his dreads were completely blocking his eyes. And Stanley dropped that sitter and lost the ball to Dusty because he had too much hair gel on his hands. Blicavs was all on his own at one stage but still got burnt off by Georgie because his bun elastic on was too tight and restricted the blood flow to his brain. All Guthrie wanted was to make sure he was noticed by the Geelong people casting votes for the B&F and Henry just exactly played like he looked - *smile* ridiculous.

Can’t be certain - but I’m just glad that on the ground our blokes use stoppages to worry about getting to position and not farting about adjusting their hair
Funny you should say that , im going back to 96 .we were rated fairly highly early in the season due to our previous season

And we had a lot of players with long hair , we played north and they beat us easily ,

And there were a few comments going around after the game in the reviews , we looked more interested in fixing our hair

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user

Butch67

Tiger Rookie
Mar 31, 2014
Just a funny theory but it probably further proves that we're in geelongs head. Smith & higgins had really good games against us this year and cameron has played well against us too (except finals) . Maybe far fetched!

Reactions: 1 user

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
maybe they were choking on a fur-ball ?

Reactions: 1 users