Heath Scotland | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Heath Scotland

DragicevicFan

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2002
Melbourne
Did anyone see the Collingwood V Adelaide game on Friday night??

Heath Scotland kicked a beautiful goal from about 45 metres out, on the run, on his left foot on a tight angle.

Could anyone on our list do that??

He has to be a recruiting target this year.

The Tigers are looking at him although he wants to go to Carlton.
He is definetly out of Collingwood, hates Mick apparently.

I understand that the only reason that he doesn't get regualr games at Collingwood is because there is a question mark over his bravery level.

We have to stop trying to find gold in the fringes of other teams - they don't get senior games for a very simple reason. They aren't good enough.

DragicevicFan said:
Bulluss said:
i think he is a right footer, he was on his wrong foot. Which makes it all the better

Yep, he is a right footer as far as I know, and that goal was all class. We need him.
Wake up wake up james, king no more DUDS

I'd definately take Scotland, however I would not want to give up too much for him. Maybe a mid range draft pick or a trade for a player like Hilton.
He's struggling to get a game at Collingwood because they have such a good midfield and none of these guys have been out injured. Buckley, Licuria, Woewodin, O'Bree, Holland (in a tagging role) have been playing good footy and Scotland (and McGough) are struggling to get a game. I know most Collingwood supporters rate him and think he should be playing more regularly. He has good skills, wins his own ball, runs the lines - we had a crack at him last year as an uncontracted player but he ended up signing with the Pies. I reckon they'll trade him and he would easily be in our best 22.

I would accept a trade for Hilton or Pettifer etc....but not a draft pick below 50...

Lets learn from the Houlihan, Hudson, Fleming, Nicholls decisions of the past.

I love the way this board crucifies Frawley and Beck for failing to bring up youngsters through the draft, but then is hell-bent on recruiting half-baked outsiders from other clubs. Heath Scotland is a hack. Brent Guerra is a hack. Darren Hulme is a hack. St Kilda went down this road in the 70s/80s - they become the dumping ground of every prestige club and it got them nowhere. The Brisbanes and Ports must be laughing their heads off behind closed doors at all this talk of us offering draft picks for their fringe dwellers.

Let's take our medicine and go to the draft, PLEASE!

TigerFury said:
We have to stop trying to find gold in the fringes of other teams - they don't get senior games for a very simple reason. They aren't good enough.

Exactly Chris and TB.

Anybody watch Pies v Swans on Saturday night? Heath Scotland played in the midfield, kicked 3 goals, had 20 possesions and was one of the best on ground.
I stand by my comments on this thread earlier, he would be a good acquisition for our club.

Anyone know how old he is?

If you've played with the best - ie, Buckley, and played under the best, ie, Malthouse, and have the ability, then I would definately trade for him. Scotland is quick, runs the lines and delivers well into the forward line. At the moment we have maybe 2 players in Fiora (sometimes) and Tivva's who can do this - simply not enough.

As many have said, the draft is somewhat of a lottery past pick no. 30 ish. Assuming Scotland is around the 21 - 22 age group, then he would have to be a better choice than say a 17 - 18 yo unknown who might not see senior footy until he's 21, 22 anyway..............

Cheers MT - whatever the scenario with Scotland and others, am looking forward to trade season, with a snipers rifle aimed at Beck with every move.......... 8)

You got to be joking, Scotland is a DUD.

If this football department drafts him, Miller should be sacked like the rest of them.

Diggler summed it up perfectly......