Hello Newman | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Hello Newman

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Chrisy J is heading home.
Mitchell is clearing the decks.
And little Griggy is heading home also but in 2023.
(After his contract expires)
**he isn't required anymore, we are out of Geelong's way now.

Reactions: 3 users

Cooper O'Reilly

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 5, 2021
Watching ALF360 the other night and Jack made comment about how the departure of Chris Newman really hurt the club culturally. He was talking about players retiring and the impact that can have on footy clubs so didn't elaborate.

I have heard many players from that time talk about Newman's impact off the field and that he had set in place the forerunner to the 'Richmond Man' philosophy of today.

I hope the rumours of him returning to the tigers next year are correct.

Reactions: 6 users

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Watching ALF360 the other night and Jack made comment about how the departure of Chris Newman really hurt the club culturally. He was talking about players retiring and the impact that can have on footy clubs so didn't elaborate.

I have heard many players from that time talk about Newman's impact off the field and that he had set in place the forerunner to the 'Richmond Man' philosophy of today.

Hope so too.

go polo

Tiger Matchwinner
Jul 28, 2005
heard 2 of Mithcell, O'meara or Wingard will not be at Hawthorn next year under Mitchell

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Goodbye Newman.
As reported on the AFL website, Newman has re signed with the Hawks for another 2 years.

Reactions: 1 user

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004

Sounds like he is definitely going to us then.
Lock it in!

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Gotta say I'm not unhappy about Newman not returning. Not against it at some time in the future but still too many of the old guard associated with him.
Grigg also I'm unsure on. i just want the best available. Fmr Richmond blood or otherwise.

Reactions: 4 users