Help needed- Wifi driver | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Help needed- Wifi driver

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
I've received a wifi modem from Telstra but after a few hours on the phone to tech support it seems I don't have the required wifi driver on my computer. I've given up trying to find the correct driver to download. So confusing.

Can anyone let me know what I need to do? My laptop is Dell Inspiron N5010 using Windows 7 (64 bit)

If I can't solve the problem soon I'll send the modem back

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Try running Windows Update first though and see if it wants to install any new default drivers.

That actually worked for me about 2 months ago.

Telstra's tech support was as useless as anything you'd care to name.

I had a terrible time with Telstra's tech support. A few hours on the phone and on hold for periods of over half an hour...coupled with very strong, quiet hard to understand accents. They gave me false information, in fact they didn't have much of a clue. It resulted in me making an unnecessary long trip to Melbourne to a Telstra shop. They also told me I could keep my Bigpond email address when I moved to Telstra. When I rang to cancel my Bigpond acct they advised me they'd have to close my bigpond email. Thankfully Bigpond offered to send me one of their wifi modems so I didn't have to stuff around changing email addresses. Pity the modem was faulty so now I'm waiting for my 3rd wifi in a few weeks to arrive. I'm not sure how Bigpond and Telstra operate but BP tech support were far more helpful, knowledgeable and easier to understand.