Hey spud | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Hey spud

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
What do you reckon Spud, can we still make the finals, uh eh what do you reckon
Give the f&cken kids a go!!!

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003
Spuds Reply

Nah Yeah
We can still make the Finals I would have thought!
We are in it up to our eyeballs!
We just need some front and square crumbers!
Nah Yeah Gassy would have been handy I would have thought!
Exciting times ahead at Richmond as we build the nucleus of a good side that can compete with the Brisbanes Ports Adelaides and Collingwoods in this comp

I would have thought.................

Fighting Fury

Tiger Army
Jul 17, 2003
So... if the same 22 for each side played last night, but with Frawley coaching them and Malthouse coaching us, would it have been a different story?

If yes, then clearly Frawley is lacking that special premiership flavour that comes with success. If no, then our playing group are peahearts (Cogs and Newman and AK aside).

Collingwood are a reasonable group of players and a good team, but anytime molloy can kick 4, and hey-presto can match (maybe beat?) Richo then you have to say they have had an extremely good return for their talent. Malthouse just has them believing they are a great team...doesn't matter whether they are or they aren't. I tend to think Malthouse coaching our group would see a different result.

Well you can dream, can't you?

gustiger12

Its Tiger Time
Jan 22, 2003
www.thaigerpics.com
It was said on MMM that Malthouse drills his players with simple drills until they become automatic.

These drill underline their style of play and are instinctive so that ever under pressure they revert to their basics of the game plan and style of play.

Someone on MMM noted that we seem to have no structure or consistency going forward and are not drilled in our entry into the forward 50. ie stop start style, baulking hesitating, bouncing, giving the opposition side time to get their defensive structure in place then we bomb long to a contest, usually one where we are out numbered.

Noticed one example last night where Dragga ran the ball out of the back line and got to the centre had a bounce and stopped because there was not one player in our forward 50 that I could see and that was how they called it on MMM. Great flooding back but left us with no options on the rebound. He was eventually forced to kick it down Rocca's throat allowing them to set up yet again of half back.

EyeOfTheTiger

I'm a llama!
Jul 16, 2003
Malthouse would have the Richmond team competitive and winning more than they lose.
Miller says Richmond don't have the cattle.
Maybe not the cattle for a premiership but definately better cattle than a lot of the teams that beat Richmond.
Maybe Miller needs to realise Richmond don't have a coach.
Malthouse would demand respect and effort and even if they didn't win they would still give their all.

the claw

thufferin thuckertash
Jun 17, 2003
WA
EyeOfTheTiger said:
Malthouse would have the Richmond team competitive and winning more than they lose.
Maybe not the cattle for a premiership but definately better cattle than a lot of the teams that beat Richmond.
Malthouse would demand respect and effort and even if they didn't win they would still give their all.

the claw

thufferin thuckertash
Jun 17, 2003
WA
EyeOfTheTiger said:
come off it eott we clearly have the 2nd worst list in the comp if you think other wise youre deluding yourself

Ark7ikfoX

Tiger Cub
Jul 12, 2003
Geelong
IMO kangaroos list isnt exactly oozing superstars either but it just goes to show what a little honest grit and ticker and a bit of mongrel in the coach can do for you! :(

Ark7ikfoX

Tiger Cub
Jul 12, 2003
Geelong
Fighting Fury said:
Collingwood are a reasonable group of players and a good team
Spot on FF that quote reminds me of the 95 grand final geelong vs carlton ie. a team of champions vs a champion TEAM!