Holland and Dragicevic close to recalls (Herald Sun) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Holland and Dragicevic close to recalls (Herald Sun)

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Holland and Dragicevic close to recalls
23 June 2003 Herald Sun
From AAP

KNEE reconstruction victims Ben Holland and Mark Dragicevic are "pretty close" to being in line for AFL recalls, according to Richmond football manager Greg Hutchison.

Holland and Dragicevic continued their comebacks on Saturday with solid games for Richmond's VFL affiliate, the Coburg Tigers.

Dragicevic, who was out for all last season with his second reconstruction in as many years, has played for more than a month and picked up 27 possessions yesterday.

Holland had time off with a quad muscle injury and a week's suspension since he returned to playing.

But the key defender had a full game on Saturday and was among Coburg's best in its nine-point win over the Northern Bullants.

"We'll decide on our squad tomorrow morning (Monday) for the trip to Brisbane - they (Holland and Dragicevic) are pretty close to being in the mix," Hutchison said.

"They were both fairly pleasing with what they gave us yesterday (Saturday)."

Holland might replace Darren Gaspar, forced out for the rest of the season in round 11 with a knee reconstruction.

Richmond went into the break on a four-game losing streak and six senior players turned out for Coburg to find form ahead of next Saturday night's away match against the Lions.

Hutchison said the Tigers were particularly impressed with Adam Houlihan after he dropped himself for the weekend and picked up 28 touches.

"He got a bit of the ball, but he needs to show us he can do that at the next level," Hutchison said.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Hopeful ins......Fingers crossed
Campbell, Johnson, Holland, Dragicevic

Outs
Kellaway (inj :'() Pettifer, Hilton, Biddiscombe?

g0tigers

carn the mighty tiges
Jun 16, 2003
Victoria, Australia
rosy3 said:
Hopeful ins......Fingers crossed
Campbell, Johnson, Holland, Dragicevic

Outs
Kellaway (inj :'() Pettifer, Hilton, Biddiscombe?

Add Blumfield to that ins list - In the richmondfc chat with Wayne Campbell tonight he has said "I think he will play this week but am not sure. He was going really well 2 weeks ago but had a minor setback. If he doesnt play this week he will defiantly play the week after that."

:)

MC24

Tiger Superstar
Jan 14, 2003
Heard Greg Hutchison on the radio this morning say that Blumfield would have played with Coburg this weekend. There are no VFL games this weekend, so he will come back the following week. I took it that he will come back through Coburg. He has been out for 8 or so weeks now.

JohnF

LMFAOOO
Mar 29, 2003
I was there in the chat as well, posting under "CAMBO".

Wayne is definitely going to play, as is Kane Johnson. Cambo said that Kane is a little bit further in front with regards to his rehabilitation than Cambo is himself.

Hopefully Blumfield, Holland and Dragga come up, but he was a little non-committal in saying whether they would play, other than saying that they were all coming along nicely and would all be considered for selection.

I asked him whether he played injured agaisnt the Weagles, or whether he simply reinjured himself, and suggested that the club owe it to the public to be honest and be held accountable if he was played slightly underdone because they cost us the last 3 games. But alas, he didn't respond. Then again, I suppose the silence says it all.

Anyways, glad he's back. Not a moment to soon...

g0tigers

carn the mighty tiges
Jun 16, 2003
Victoria, Australia
JohnF said:
I asked him whether he played injured agaisnt the Weagles, or whether he simply reinjured himself, and suggested that the club owe it to the public to be honest and be held accountable if he was played slightly underdone because they cost us the last 3 games. But alas, he didn't respond. Then again, I suppose the silence says it all.

The questions go through the afl moderators....maybe he diodnt get to see it??

JohnF

LMFAOOO
Mar 29, 2003
Yeah 'spose so.

Don't know why they didn't let that question go through though, and yet they let some other *smile* weak questions I asked go through.

His injury is reason enough for why we will struggle to make the 8 this year. Imagine being 9-3......

TigerFury

Eloquent Feral
Dec 19, 2002
Belgrave
julzqld said:
Re Campbell - they said on Fox Footy News that it was a separate injury to the first one

Of course if it was a separate injury and he was 100% fit for that game he wouldn't have started on the bench, coming on at the 20 minute mark and wouldv'e played more than 10 minutes!

JohnF

LMFAOOO
Mar 29, 2003
LOL. yeah it was pretty suss how he did the coin toss and headed straight for the boundary line. Must have injured himself running to the center of the ground to shake Ben Cousins hand. Quite a few injuries happen that way.