Holland - No comparisons | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Holland - No comparisons

the claw

thufferin thuckertash
Jun 17, 2003
WA
I just went through each teams key position players ( guys who have played in the kp this year ) and compared them against ben holland on weather they are a better player or not eg hawthorn barker everitt graham hay holland rawlings thompson all of whom i rate more highly than the over paid dinosaur we keep perservering with. over all i put 107 KP players in front of him. even at our club i put gaspar hall a kellaway ottens and richo in front of him. that only leaves schulz and vardy behind him it dosnt say much for our big man depth does it. it would be interesting to see where other posters on this site would rank him in comparison to other clubs kp players. I just cant believe hes not the centre of trade talks on site.I hope the club trades him this year while we can still get something for him

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Haha claw, you've just shattered my fragile ego. A while ago an ex boyfriend sent me a song called "Nothing compares to you." I thought he was being nice to me, but now I see 'no comparisons' in a different light. ;D

the claw

thufferin thuckertash
Jun 17, 2003
WA
Sorry about the ego rosy perhaps we could get tiga to do a parody to restore your faith in men ;D

DragicevicFan

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2002
Melbourne
Holland is a dud and should have been traded at the end of 2001 when the Crows offered us Johnson. We said no and gave him an over inflated contract based on half a good season.

The contract Brayshaw gave him makes him very hard to trade.

Would be a handy midfield now with Coughlan, Johnson, Newman, Tivendale and Wells

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Totally agree Claw. Ben Stegosaurus Holland is one of the most overrated and infuriuating players at RFC.

I just can't believe we still have this bloke at Richmond. It's indicative of our complete and utter ineptitude when it comes to the management of our playing list.

Oh, but listen to Fraudley, Crapchison, Harry M., and Bloomberg on 927, and they'll all tell you he's such a good player and such a key !

Mistakes. Excuses. Forever.

hutstar

Tiger Superstar
Dec 17, 2002
Florida
Too harsh- what are you basing this opinion on? This season was always going to be a bit of a waste, coming back from injury. While you may turn out to be right, I will see how he goes in the next 12 months before wholeheartedly agreeing with you. ;D

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
*smile* Truck Holland is an overrated dud who only ever plays well against crap sides like the Western Bulldogs. It is an embarrassment that he gets paid so much money for so little return.

Along with Joeline Bowden, he should be the first put up for trade.

julzqld

Do or do not - there is no try!
Dec 17, 2002
Palm Beach, Queensland
Funny how no-one was calling him a dud when he kicked those 6 goals. Which is more than anyone else from Richmond kicked in one game this year.

P

PuntRoadRoar

Holland is a dud, he held us to ransom on his contract and we fell for it. So that means he is a very smart dud

londontiger

The New RFC Cheersquad Chant.
Dec 17, 2002
London , United Kingdon
Holland has talent. He will do ok with a full preseason next year. And he is not on as much as everyone thinks now.

But trade him if there is a decent offer.

Doubt there really are 107 tall players better than him Claw.

the claw

thufferin thuckertash
Jun 17, 2003
WA
julzqld in that game holland played on a kid called brian harris who was in about his 3rd game harris was undersized lacked experience & strength with no other talls around to help him out. holland should have kicked at least 10 goals in that game as was stated by me straight afterwards. if my memory serves me right mathew lloyd kicked 12 on the same player the following week. As for 107 players in front of him londontiger i thought i was being generous, go thru team lists and tell me where you think he stands. I havn,t included most ruckmen or kids that are 190cm or taller that can potentially play kp

frickenel

Tiger Champion
Jul 30, 2003
Hidden Valley
hutstar said:
Too harsh- what are you basing this opinion on? This season was always going to be a bit of a waste, coming back from injury. While you may turn out to be right, I will see how he goes in the next 12 months before wholeheartedly agreeing with you. ;D

If we trade anyone for draft picks, i'd agree Ben Holland would have to be one of the first names thrown up.

However, i do agree with Hutstar. Coming back from a knee, the last thing that returns is a player's pace. Ben never had much of this to start with, so loosing any severely limited the type of opponent we could match him on at CBH this year.

With some sprint work over pre-season, he could gain a yard or 2 back and return to CHB. We do miss a big body down there. Having said that though, i would'nt mind seeing Ray Hall given the CHB role as an attacking running CHB.

nwonash

Tiger Champion
Aug 10, 2003
Melbourne
Ben Holland when playing CHF, didnt live up to his ability. In 2001, when he play CHB, he starred. 2002, a knee reconstruction.

Holland is a player I um and if able. He is definately slow and the knee reco will only further slow him down.

Holland at the end of 2001 worked everything he could of. Adelaide did show interest in him and we could have had Kane Johnson is a swap.

Bens contract is up this year and dont be suprised to see him traded. More than likely to Adelaide, as I believe Ben Hart has retired with Nigel Smart not too far away from retirement either.

The telling factors on Ben Holland being traded is if he agrees to a big decrease in pay and what Adelaide have to offer us in return for Holland.

gustiger12

Its Tiger Time
Jan 22, 2003
www.thaigerpics.com
nwonash said:
Bens contract is up this year and dont be suprised to see him traded. More than likely to Adelaide, as I believe Ben Hart has retired with Nigel Smart not too far away from retirement either.

Maybe we could swap him for a midfielder called TORNEY ;D