Tigers list their talent priorities | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tigers list their talent priorities

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
Tony Greenberg
richmondfc.com.au
3:32:21 PM Thu 11 September, 2003

A goalkicking forward, some inside midfielders, and a couple of good, old-fashioned, hard-nosed defenders . . .

That's a snapshot of what's on Richmond's 'shopping list' as the Club prepares for the upcoming crucial trade period and National Draft.

"There's no better example than watching Collingwood play at the moment . . . if the guys are prepared to put their bodies on the line come finals time, they're the ones you want on your side," said the Tigers' Director of Football, Greg Miller.

"I think we've improved in that area . . . no doubt some guys have steeled themselves and become better, while others need to get better.

"We need some more inside midfielders -- players who can share the load with the likes of Kane Johnson and Mark Coughlan. You can't expect those guys to run 120 minutes and there's a lot of pressure on those two week after week. So we need to bolster our depth in that area.

"There's no doubt that we need another goalkicking forward, too -- someone that leads up the ground. Ty Zantuck showed against Port Adelaide (a five-goal display in Round 21) just what can be achieved in that regard, so we need someone who gets out of the blocks quickly.

"I'd also love to have a couple of players like a Dean Laidley and a Ross Smith-type from back in the old era at the Kangaroos. They were tough half-backs, who were pretty important to the overall team structure."

· Meanwhile, Greg Miller has confirmed Richmond's interest in out-of-contract Bulldog Nathan Brown.

"We're interested in him because he is a rare talent," Miller said.

"He can score goals, he can play in the midfield and, two years ago, he played really well off the half-back line, which has become a very important, attacking part of the game today.

"I've obviously seen him play many times and I'm very, very impressed with him as a player."

Future Tiger Champ

Tiger Cub
Jul 17, 2003
shawry said:
"There's no better example than watching Collingwood play at the moment . . . if the guys are prepared to put their bodies on the line come finals time, they're the ones you want on your side," said the Tigers' Director of Football, Greg Miller.

Yeh, gotta make the finals first!!!!!
Overall, shopping list sounds good!!

P

PuntRoadRoar

we all know what we lack........

just glad to see someone at Richmond seems to know it aswell for a change.

Roar34

I wuv the Tiggers
Aug 10, 2003
Castlemaine
Will somebody. puuulese, send RFC vidoes of the 73-74 GFs...oh, and might as well throw in the 1980 one as well.

That'll show 'em what sort of a team we need!

JohnF

LMFAOOO
Mar 29, 2003
shawry said:
Tony Greenberg
richmondfc.com.au
3:32:21 PM Thu 11 September, 2003

A goalkicking forward, some inside midfielders, and a couple of good, old-fashioned, hard-nosed defenders . . .

A goalkicking forward in Aaron Lord, some inside midfielders in Darren Hulme and Daniel Harford, and a couple of good, old fashioned, hard-nosed defenders in Mick Martyn and Ashley MacIntosh.

P

PuntRoadRoar

keep it down johnF someone might actually hear you :-\

nwonash

Tiger Champion
Aug 10, 2003
Melbourne
they may of well said we need an entire new team.

I believe the backline is fine. Yeah another quality midfielder required and our focus should be on people that can kick goals.

Its scoring goals that win matches.

John F, come on, dont give Greg Beck any ideas, as he would think you're serious and give it great consideration.

we must go the youth policy. I reckon sack Beck and hire Redford. At least he knows whats going around

gustiger12

Its Tiger Time
Jan 22, 2003
www.thaigerpics.com
Can't see to much wrong with this in theory.

Goalkicking forward - Nathan BROWN

Midfielders - Luke POWER
Nick STEVENS
Heath SCOTLAND
Heath BLACK???????????

Hard nosed - Dean SOLOMON
Defenders ??????????

Yeah I know dream on........ :p ;D ;)