Horror run home | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Horror run home

everyone had a massive sook after we got those 7 consecutive games at the MCG in 2019 and we are being punished for it.
Would still like to know if any other Vic team has interstate trips like us

Melbourne & Collingwood for a start play more.
It's just the 3 games at Marvel that makes it seem worse.
???

We travel 6 times Ad, GWS, Freo, Bris, WCE & Port

Melb 5 Bris, WCE, GCS, Port & Syd
Coll 5 Bris, Ad, WCE, GCS, & Port
Ess 5 inc 1 down at Moe by the Sea, Port, Bris, WCE, Freo, Moe
Geel 5 GCS, Freo, Port, Syd & Bris

seems legit

Reactions: 1 user
Fox Footy rates our draw the easiest run home of all the contenders.

Any Vic teams supporter's complaints about the draw are going to fall on deaf ears.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Fox Footy rates our draw the easiest run home of all the contenders.

Any Vic teams supporter's complaints about the draw are going to fall of deaf ears.
Does that include games against Melbourne, Saints, Bulldogs and Port Adelaide?
Easy games my foot.

• Sad
Does that include games against Melbourne, Saints, Bulldogs and Port Adelaide?
Easy games my foot.
Yes, I imagine that if they did an appraisal of the finals contender's draws, they would have included the games against those teams. They are part of our draw aren't they ?

Two of those games are against teams we are directly competing for a spot with in the bottom half of the 8. If we can't beat them, we don't deserve to be there anyway.

The fixture is done at the start of the season. I'm no fan of the AFL admins but even they have no idea who is going to be the tough teams by the end of the year. This time last year Port were in freefall.

Anyway, imagine being one of the "other" teams outside of Victoria. They travel every second week, week in week out and you're sooking about half a dozen trips away smattered through the 24 week season. Get a grip dude.

Last edited:
Yes, I imagine that if they did an appraisal of the finals contender's draws, they would have included the games against those teams. They are part of our draw aren't they ?

Two of those games are against teams we are directly competing for a spot with in the bottom half of the 8. If we can't beat them, we don't deserve to be there anyway.

The fixture is done at the start of the season. I'm no fan of the AFL admins but even they have no idea who is going to be the tough teams by the end of the year. This time last year Port were in freefall.

Anyway, imagine being one of the "other" teams outside of Victoria. They travel every second week, week in week out and you're sooking about half a dozen trips away smattered through the 24 week season. Get a grip dude.
The issue is more the imbalance of being fixtured to play interstate games: 1 in first 11 games, and then 4 in next 7 games.

Gather round not included.

The issue is more the imbalance of being fixtured to play interstate games: 1 in first 11 games, and then 4 in next 7 games.

Gather round not included.
1 interstate game in the first 11 rounds hmmmm

Imagine the reaction of the interstate mobs if you start sooking about having 4 in 7 rounds. They, like me just laugh.

Best not to complain about it, thank our lucky stars that we play 16 or 17 games in Melbourne every year and get on with it.

They also get a massive home ground advantage 10 times during the season dude

How about this for a horror draw?
For the last 8 games this is what we cop.
Round 18.....West Coast....away
Round 21.....WB at Marvel, which we hate.
Round 22....Saints at Marvel, 2 weeks in a row that is.
Round 24.....Port Ad. away, yet another travel interstate.
Yes, we do have 4 at the G, but that is negated by the above.
We have already come off 3 out of 4 games interstate and have to bear another 2.
Is there another Vic. team that has to travel interstate so much?
And, what other teams have to play 2 in row at Marvel?
Let's hope for a better draw next year, buy don't hold your breath.
Why such a horror run home , I dont see too many of those sides being unbeatable

I reckon for the first time in ages 2 teams outside the eight ATM will get in.Tiges for one.

We only need 3 unlikely things to happen to make top 4.

1. We need to win out.
2. Carlton needs to beat Melbourne
3. Sydney needs to beat Melbourne

Then the rest of the games either don't matter much, or need to go as is very likely.

The dream is alive!