HOW IS OUR CLUB AFFECTED | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

HOW IS OUR CLUB AFFECTED

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
Just read the statement by Benny Gale in regard to the breaches by CCJ and Stack.

As expected big news all over the HS here.

What I wonder is what effect this is going to have on the mindset of our players in the important game against the Cats next Friday.

I am only a mere RFC member and I feel let down and got up early this morning to find out what it was all about.

I'm sure other supporters will feel the same so how will this play out in membership numbers next year?

Only guessing , but suspect some will not want to be a member of a club with a poor 2020 history of poor community breaches. Hope not.

More importantly though, is how our players are affected and if it impacts on their playing ability over the next two games.

They have to feel let down and affected mentally to some extent.

Being Richmond this will not go away overnight and will be reported on for some time with no doubt Brooke Cotchin once again getting unwanted publicity.

Hope I am wrong about all the above statements, but the media love anything controversial in regard to the Tigers.

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
I’m not concerned our membership will drop if we remain competitive.

It will though if we stop winning.

I doubt the core group of players that keep us top 4 will be distracted by some dumb off field behaviour.

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
Just read the statement by Benny Gale in regard to the breaches by CCJ and Stack.

As expected big news all over the HS here.

What I wonder is what effect this is going to have on the mindset of our players in the important game against the Cats next Friday.

I am only a mere RFC member and I feel let down and got up early this morning to find out what it was all about.

I'm sure other supporters will feel the same so how will this play out in membership numbers next year?

Only guessing , but suspect some will not want to be a member of a club with a poor 2020 history of poor community breaches. Hope not.

More importantly though, is how our players are affected and if it impacts on their playing ability over the next two games.

They have to feel let down and affected mentally to some extent.

Being Richmond this will not go away overnight and will be reported on for some time with no doubt Brooke Cotchin once again getting unwanted publicity.

Hope I am wrong about all the above statements, but the media love anything controversial in regard to the Tigers.
I'm a Richmond member and will remain one.

I'm not too concerned at what I consider the exagerated issues that the club has had this year.

Jack wasn't keen on going into the hub. Big deal! Understandable as he has a young child. I'm sure there are quite a few other that felt/feel the same (but we just never heard about them).

Cotch's wife made a blue by going to a day spa. FMD! Yes I get it that it's a breach of rules and puts things at risk. It was addressed. We got a fine. Play on!

Shorty and Vlas grabbing Cholly's schlong? Or an attempted Hopoate? Lots of other club's players doing this dumb sh!t. Not a good look and the club sorted it. Cholly said he has no issue. Play on!

So now we come to Stacky & CCJ. This is a genuine issue compared to those above.
Two boys not in the team and were unlikely to get another senior game this year.
They were very dumb. They've copped a financial whack and their careers are now in question.
The club is embarrassed as this is the stupid stuff that would normally be done by a Collingwood Clown (let's not forget Sidearse).
Has it distracted the playing group, or will this pull the team closer? I think the latter but I'm a glass half full type.

I'm sad that these two are in this position as I love Syd's football (when he's committed) and have/had great hopes for CCJ being the next Ottens. Maybe that's all gone now but for me the bottom line is I love my club, and we're going to give B2B a hell of a crack.

Go Tiges!

Reactions: 21 users

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria

I'm not too concerned at what I consider the exagerated issues that the club has had this year.

Jack wasn't keen on going into the hub. Big deal! Understandable as he has a young child. I'm sure there are quite a few other that felt/feel the same (but we just never heard about them).

Cotch's wife made a blue by going to a day spa. FMD! Yes I get it that it's a breach of rules and puts things at risk. It was addressed. We got a fine. Play on!

Shorty and Vlas grabbing Cholly's schlong? Or an attempted Hopoate? Lots of other club's players doing this dumb sh!t. Not a good look and the club sorted it. Cholly said he has no issue. Play on!

So now we come to Stacky & CCJ. This is a genuine issue compared to those above.
Two boys not in the team and were unlikely to get another senior game this year.
They were very dumb. They've copped a financial whack and their careers are now in question.
The club is embarrassed as this is the stupid stuff that would normally be done by a Collingwood Clown (let's not forget Sidearse).
Has it distracted the playing group, or will this pull the team closer? I think the latter but I'm a glass half full type.

I'm sad that these two are in this position as I love Syd's football (when he's committed) and have/had great hopes for CCJ being the next Ottens. Maybe that's all gone now but for me the bottom line is I love my club, and we're going to give B2B a hell of a crack.

Go Tiges!
Agree - when the team runs out over the white line, I really don't think the off field stuff has any influence. If Stack in particular was proving a distraction and frustration to other team members, then it's best he's gone anyway. Club will recover its image - just take some time.

Reactions: 3 users

houstontiger

Tiger Rookie
May 26, 2014

Go Tiges!
I totally agree with this and share the same views. Interestingly, you hope CCJ evolves into the next Ottens. Most in the media would have forgotten that Spud had to fish Brad Ottens out of jail early on in his career. Didn't stop him becoming a multiple premiership player...unfortunately for someone else. Hope CCJ is on the same path (but with us).

• Love
Reactions: 3 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Meh, it’ll all be forgotten in a few days. Life moves on, people find new dramas to be outraged with. Beat Geelong on the 11th and people will be saying “Callum who?”

Reactions: 4 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
I totally agree with this and share the same views. Interestingly, you hope CCJ evolves into the next Ottens. Most in the media would have forgotten that Spud had to fish Brad Ottens out of jail early on in his career. Didn't stop him becoming a multiple premiership player...unfortunately for someone else. Hope CCJ is on the same path (but with us).
Oh yes, I remember the Ottens incident. It was probably worse than CCJ’s transgression, but about 20 years ago and in a different world.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Got a funny feeling we’ll get another incident from player/s from another club before the grand final.

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
We will see on Friday night whether or not our players have been affected. Watch their faces and body language.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Got a funny feeling we’ll get another incident from player/s from another club before the grand final.

As long as its not the RFC.

RFC players and families surely should all be on notice now.

What worries me is the families screwing up again moreso than the players.

RFC Players surely will be vigilant and better behaved now surely ................... It should be their job whoever if anyone @#@#$ up now.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Listening to 3AW today this was the tipping point.
No VFL side next year...

Probably was already on the chopping block anyway, this was probably the final straw that allowed them to call it.

Also shows that the club no point investing in a reserves team if its not going to have the list size required to field 2 teams.

Was probably not going to be viable anyway.

Reactions: 1 user

Ice

Tiger Superstar
Jul 18, 2006
Can’t cost much to run a vfl team, but very beneficial to player development. Are vfl costs included in the soft cap?

Reactions: 1 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Can’t cost much to run a vfl team, but very beneficial to player development. Are vfl costs included in the soft cap?

If we can't afford a VFL team, there wouldn't be many that could.

Reactions: 2 users

Raoul Juke

Tiger Rookie
Mar 23, 2019
With Richmond its been one in, all in. They support each other, don't want to have people outside the group. Ruins the team ethos.

Yeah, but have we had a player break the trust like these 2 did, especially Syd? Has it really been tested with this level of betray and crisis?

Do we really believe that "one in, all in" thing was there and in full effect when Rance walked out on them?

Our ethos is stronger as any, but as hollow as most IMO.

Reactions: 1 user

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
As someone said once you cross that line it's game on.How many teams won flags and had success with off field issues many.