HUN on the VFL | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

HUN on the VFL

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Totally agree with this, what the AFL has done to the VFL is despicable. Your second tier comp should have more respect than what the afl has done to it.

IMG_0242.jpeg

• Angry
Reactions: 4 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Haven't been to a game all year. It's become an uneven, meaningless competition with nothing really to play for. Really just a feeder now for AFL games. The byes in particular have been horrendous.

• Angry

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Absolute clusterf**ck, no other way to describe it.

It needs to be a serious reserves comp with AFL listed players who are not picked getting games and emerging players getting a chance to show their wares.

DS

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
You’ve got 21 teams, that lets you have a 20 round season with every team playing each other once, and the finals. How can even the AFL *smile* that up as badly as they have? One thing that would help is to make the AFL’s mid season bye a proper bye and have every team take a break on the one weekend. This used to happen once upon a time and everyone didn’t suddenly decide to follow another code because their comp had a week off. It would make fixturing easier, too, because you wouldn’t have the whole ‘but they had a break and we played 6 days ago’, etc.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 5 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
The AFL need to decide what the VFL is meant to be , a serious second tier competition or just a Mickey mouse development league. Sometimes I think if it's not going to be treated seriously it should just be scrapped, each club have a 40 players list of which 30 are picked each week (there's always injuries ). Not sure what to do with the few that'd be left over. I dunno, but currently it's a mess.

Reactions: 1 users

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012
Haven't been to a game all year. It's become an uneven, meaningless competition with nothing really to play for. Really just a feeder now for AFL games. The byes in particular have been horrendous.
I've been to a lot of VFL games this season, and still enjoyable, but agree that the fixturing/byes are an issue. Very difficult to get any continuity.

Reactions: 1 user

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
How hard is it.
When the seniors, play the reserves are on the same weekend.
There's no need for Frankston, Werribee, Williamstown, Southport etc.
Bring back the AFL reserves.
How hard is it, considering when I was growing up we had under 19's @9am, reserves @11am and seniors at 2pm on the same day.
The VFL competition starts after the AFL season starts and finishes before the AFL season and throw in ridiculous byes for good taste.
Its just more proof how amateur the AFL is.
Has the NRL got similiar issues?
No wonder we haven't seen a decent kids come through the grades since Knights Campbell Naish Lambert in the late 80's.

Reactions: 1 user