Tigers V Pies - Wildcard Round Sunday, August 27 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tigers V Pies - Wildcard Round Sunday, August 27

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
While technically not a final, the Tiges get the chance to knock the Pies out of the VFL finals at Punt Rd on Sunday. Would be good to beat them, to stuff up the Pies AFL finals campaign.
Sonsie is going to be a loss, Junior would've been a decent replacement but I think he needed to play 1 more VFL game to qualify. Mansell doesn't qualify as he's played too many AFL games. Mansell should've played AFL against the Roos and Junior in the VFL.
Ivan hasn't played enough VFL games, Noah is eligible to play as is Banks.

Miller and Ryan have played too many AFL games, and with Soldo having not played enough VFL games, we are going to be very thin on the ground for ruckmen.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 2 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
While technically not a final, the Tiges get the chance to knock the Pies out of the VFL finals at Punt Rd on Sunday. Would be good to beat them, to stuff up the Pies AFL finals campaign.
Sonsie is going to be a loss, Junior would've been a decent replacement but I think he needed to play 1 more VFL game to qualify. Mansell doesn't qualify as he's played too many AFL games. Mansell should've played AFL against the Roos and Junior in the VFL.
Ivan hasn't played enough VFL games, Noah is eligible to play as is Banks.

Miller and Ryan have played too many AFL games, and with Soldo having not played enough VFL games, we are going to be very thin on the ground for ruckmen.
I would guess anyone can play VFL this week as our AFL team is playing, i reckon thats how it usually works.

Im glad they scheduled it to start half hour earlier than our AFL game so we can watch the 1st quarter.

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
I would guess anyone can play VFL this week as our AFL team is playing, i reckon thats how it usually works.

Im glad they scheduled it to start half hour earlier than our AFL game so we can watch the 1st quarter.
Yes, I think you are probably correct.

Reactions: 1 user

ryan

Tiger Rookie
Jul 30, 2005
When Both AFL and VFL are playing there is open selection like a home and away game.

larabee

Tiger Champion
Jun 11, 2010
Tigerland
They mentioned on the club podcast today that we haven’t played Collingwood this year in the VFL.

Don’t know how they could have fitted that in the fixture when we had 4 byes to get through…

Competition is a joke

• Wow
Reactions: 8 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
They mentioned on the club podcast today that we haven’t played Collingwood this year in the VFL.

Don’t know how they could have fitted that in the fixture when we had 4 byes to get through…

Competition is a joke

AFL maths. Those of us with real life maths skills need to go back to school and learn AFL maths.

Clearly we don't understand that with 22 teams and 23 rounds available, the only logical conclusion is to play 19 teams once (don't play 2 teams) and have 4 byes.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
When Both AFL and VFL are playing there is open selection like a home and away game.
Do games count for qualification? eg I thnk MRjr has played 5 VFL games, if he plays his 6th this weekend does that mean he is eligible for finals?

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
AFL maths. Those of us with real life maths skills need to go back to school and learn AFL maths.

Clearly we don't understand that with 22 teams and 23 rounds available, the only logical conclusion is to play 19 teams once (don't play 2 teams) and have 4 byes.
That fixture is a joke. Why with that many teams are there 4 byes?

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 1 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
That fixture is a joke. Why with that many teams are there 4 byes?

I can only put it down to maths taught at private schools compared to state schools. State schools teach real maths, private ones teach some weird maths none of the rest of us understand

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
I can only put it down to maths taught at private schools compared to state schools. State schools teach real maths, private ones teach some weird maths none of the rest of us understand
It would actually be good to know the reason. there must be one. i assume $$$$$$

Feb 25, 2007
In: Noah Cumberland, Marlion Pickett, Tom Bracher, Garrett McDonagh, Billy Cooper, Joel Nathan, Lachlan Johnson, Will Bravo, Misilifi Faimalo

Out: Tyler Sonsie (suspension), Seth Campbell (injured), Cam Olden (concussion), Tom Brown (AFL), Jacob Bauer (AFL), Sam Banks (AFL), James Trezise (AFL), Rhyan Mansell (AFL emergency), Matt Clarkson (omitted)

BacksBigoa Nyuon47Ben Miller46Mutaz El Nour57
Half-BacksAustin Johnson51Brad Melville54Tom Bracher74
CentrelineHugo Ralphsmith13Lachlan Street55Angus Hicks52
Half-ForwardsMohammed Yassine80Garrett McDonagh53Matt Coulthard26
ForwardsNoah Cumberland38Kaelan Bradtke37Samson Ryan32
FollowersTom Brindley61Marlion Pickett50Mykelti Lefau72
Interchange:Billy Cooper78Joel Nathan65Lachlan Johnson59
Will Bravo70Misilifi Faimalo64
23rd playerMohammed Yassine80
Emergencies:Matt Clarkson77Archie May71

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
In: Noah Cumberland, Marlion Pickett, Tom Bracher, Garrett McDonagh, Billy Cooper, Joel Nathan, Lachlan Johnson, Will Bravo, Misilifi Faimalo

Out: Tyler Sonsie (suspension), Seth Campbell (injured), Cam Olden (concussion), Tom Brown (AFL), Jacob Bauer (AFL), Sam Banks (AFL), James Trezise (AFL), Rhyan Mansell (AFL emergency), Matt Clarkson (omitted)

BacksBigoa Nyuon47Ben Miller46Mutaz El Nour57
Half-BacksAustin Johnson51Brad Melville54Tom Bracher74
CentrelineHugo Ralphsmith13Lachlan Street55Angus Hicks52
Half-ForwardsMohammed Yassine80Garrett McDonagh53Matt Coulthard26
ForwardsNoah Cumberland38Kaelan Bradtke37Samson Ryan32
FollowersTom Brindley61Marlion Pickett50Mykelti Lefau72
Interchange:Billy Cooper78Joel Nathan65Lachlan Johnson59
Will Bravo70Misilifi Faimalo64
23rd playerMohammed Yassine80
Emergencies:Matt Clarkson77Archie May71
No Kamdyn Mac?

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
On my way to PRO.

Hoping for a good game and a win.

It was a toss up, wife wanted to go see the kids play live. She won.

Go Tigers.

• Love