Hutchy - Open Mike | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Hutchy - Open Mike

Sir

Tiger Superstar
Apr 23, 2004
I used the PRE search engine and can't seem to find anywhere that discussed 'Hutchy' on Open Mike Tue night.

Not living in Melbourne I'm not sure whether he deserves the vitriol dished out in other threads.

BUT

I actually found the interview to be very candid (Open Mike is very good at this) honest and (in the end) worthy of an Open Mike focus (normally reserved for legends of the game until they trotted out Hannah LGBTIQ a few weeks ago!!!)

Hutchy has has amazing success (by all reports) through Crocmedia yet he came across as humble? embarrassed? reflective? intelligent?

A typical 50yo white man?????? :rofl :rofl :rofl

Made for quite interesting viewing.

Did I get it wrong?

No. I quite agree with all you said.
When I first saw it was Hutchy I thought "sheesh, Mike, having trouble finding guests are we?" (which is probably true anyway).
But I thought it went down well.
Still prefer to see players from the 70s and 80s on it though.

He had Andrew Dunkley on tonight. I stopped watching 15 minutes in.
Dunkley thinks he got hard done by Roo’s because he wasn’t given a job after retired.
When I next see Mike, I will ask him where was the question about the day he pushed Richo straight into the fence at the SCG in 1995?

Reactions: 2 users
I for some reason I really liked Dunkley as a player. He couldn’t kick but was able to stop the star forwards

He had Andrew Dunkley on tonight. I stopped watching 15 minutes in.
Dunkley thinks he got hard done by Roo’s because he wasn’t given a job after retired.
When I next see Mike, I will ask him where was the question about the day he pushed Richo straight into the fence at the SCG in 1995?

I watched 2 minutes and switched off because I thought about Richo. Still hurts.