Coaching Staff 2019 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coaching Staff 2019

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Thought there was a thread on our coaching staff but couldn’t find it. Feel free to merge.

Coaching lineup has been finalised for 2019:

Senior coach: Damien Hardwick
Head of Coaching and Football Performance: Tim Livingstone
Assistant coach, forwards: Andrew McQualter
Assistant coach, midfield/stoppage: Adam Kingsley
Assistant coach, backline: Justin Leppitsch
Assistant coach, offensive: Blake Caracella
VFL and development coach (forwards): Craig McRae
Development coach and VFL midfield: Xavier Clarke
Development coach and VFL backline: Ryan Ferguson

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
Good to see Leppa move back. I hope he can turn our young key backs into the next Rance Astbury Grimes.

Our forward entries were poor so a change there won't hurt. What was McQualter responsible for in 2018?

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
At the B&F in thanking the coaches, a lot of the players made particular reference to Mini or Min.
Anyone know which coach that is?

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
I noticed Caracella has only signed for 12 more months.

We face the same story again next year it seems!

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Kingsley as midfield/stoppage coach is really interesting coming from the Aints. He must held in pretty high regard.
I've heard him speak on a few topics & he seems a very switched on character.
Fresh ideas will be welcomed.

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
Tigers of Old said:
Kingsley as midfield/stoppage coach is really interesting coming from the Aints. He must held in pretty high regard.
I've heard him speak on a few topics & he seems a very switched on character.
Fresh ideas will be welcomed.
Don't mind that at all, as far as our #'s go that is the area we need to improve in the most.

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
Caracella may have only signed for a further twelve months but we can consider ourselves lucky we will have those twelve months as he is destined to be a head coach at some other club in AFL all too soon.

ahyeahnah

Tiger Superstar
Aug 14, 2016
UKTiger said:
Caracella may have only signed for a further twelve months but we can consider ourselves lucky we will have those twelve months as he is destined to be a head coach at some other club in AFL all too soon.
Yep I would say senior coach at Carlscum in 2020, or maybe even Geelong, actually more likely Geelong.

Ta ta Scotty...you'll never get to beat us hahahaha

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Few options could open up for Cara. If any/all of Cats, Norf, Blues, Power, Dockers, Saints have poor years, senior jobs will likely become available

TheCan

Tiger Superstar
Jul 17, 2011
UKTiger said:

short price favourite to be at saint Kilda by round 5

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
I noticed Caracella has only signed for 12 more months.

We face the same story again next year it seems!

I can't find anything official re this in the press but seems as though a few were under the impression it was only a 12 month contract.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
As you said Taz hopefully Balme will clear the air somewhat. Fair difference between leaving at the end of a contract to leaving in the middle of one.

Reactions: 1 user

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
I am not sure that for an assistant coach to leave mid-contract is such a big deal. It is perfectly normal in the workplace. If he is being offered significantly more dollars, then he is doing what most employees would do.

I think it is being confused with players leaving mid-contract, which given all of the restrictions of player movements, is relatively unusual.