I have a feeling | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

I have a feeling

the claw

thufferin thuckertash
Jun 17, 2003
WA
I have a feeling it may be a long time before a Melbourne club wins a premiership. These are the reasons why:
-all interstate teams play at home ground fortresses, almost guaranteeing a win.
-they are in cashed up monopoly markets guarteeing financial stability - except Sydney (more on that another time)
-they all use 100% of their salary cap, whereas most Vic teams are well below the 100% mark because they can't afford the costs.
-they have training facilities second to none which must help overcoming injuries and maintaining fitness (some people say the crows won the flag in 1997 because of a conditioning edge)
-then you have the neutural homestate advantage and visiting team senario as shown by Punt Road Roar - June 13 re reason why Non-Vic teams are winning.
-lastly the player drain of Victorian players to other states. There are from 13-15 on interstate lists with the exception of Port who have 7.
Interstate teams have a distinct advantage. I wonder if anyone else thinks this way. :)