I Have To Admit | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

I Have To Admit

Laff

September showers
Dec 19, 2002
I have to admit the 2 younger players showed a bit, I think there is a bit for the new coach to work with

Here here Laffs. The new coach would be excited at the added trade potential for Holland.

diggler said:
Here here Laffs. The new coach would be excited at the added trade potential for Holland.

And the added value in Richo - he would be rubbing his hands

julzqld said:
Why trade the player who just kicked 6 goals for you :mad: And for someone who just got 25 possessions, including 17 marks :mad:
julz, this happens every year these so called super stars play absoulute *smile* when we need them to do well early in the year and then play the odd good game late in the year, to justify staying on the list and our dumbass club falls for it every year. Ask yourself what tall opponents did richo and holland play against, of course they should have dominated against the dog's so-called talls, the only richmond player who played on a quality tall was ottens against darcy, and ottens went very well

The bulldogs side on the park tonight would have struggled to beat the top VFL side at the moment.
Dont be fooled by last nights effort.
Richo has a history of performing in meaningless games to keep the less intelligent supporters drooling for next year.

Yep, Richo has done bugger all for two months and he dominated the game last night playing on opponents that were a fraction of his size. Wouldn't be surprised to see him pull a few other blinders in the coming weeks, now that our season is over.

He has been a disgrace and has let the side down all year. One good game doesn't make up for 2 months of mediocrity.

Well done JohnF, you're comments are accurate and concise.

It happened in 97', 99', 02 and looks set to happen again in 03'. An ordinary season is forgotten on the back of a few meaningless late season wins and everyone is looking to next year thinking things will be different. Well they wont unless serious changes are made!

As far as the club should be concerned, player and coaching asessments should be based on rounds 1 - 16 when something was actually up for grabs.

I think this is an appropriate time and thread to replay my acronym of a couple of weeks ago ;D

Recently
Improved
Cause
He's
Aware
Regular
Duds
Seriously
On
Notice

i think the answer to richo's attitude problems would be having some decent second rung players in support rather than the 3rd rate rabble we have making up the numbers at the moment (re king, biddiscombe and the like)

imo we could kill two birds with one stone by some decent recruiting

Sean Pean, you are right but I think your'e post is wasted on these guys...Richo has battled his guts out all year....and despite terrible delivery and his own poor conversion rate has still managed to be in our best 5 or 6 players for the season. That he has not had the chance to let loose and get his own ball until now is an indictment on the coaching staff not Richardson. He is a frightening prospect for the opposistion in this role and should have been playing upfield 2 years ago, at least.

Richo is an utter champion and would love to see him in this role for another couple of weeks to make a definite decision. Do like the way he went forward later and kicked goals. Similar to what Hird does.

Omarkum said:
Sean Pean, you are right but I think your'e post is wasted on these guys...Richo has battled his guts out all year....and despite terrible delivery and his own poor conversion rate has still managed to be in our best 5 or 6 players for the season. That he has not had the chance to let loose and get his own ball until now is an indictment on the coaching staff not Richardson. He is a frightening prospect for the opposistion in this role and should have been playing upfield 2 years ago, at least.
Here, here sean pean - you are a breath of fresh air. Quite agree with you.

Give Richo and Holland a break. Richo was given the opportunity to run and play some football intead of trying to mark poorly delivered passes. He's a very ggod player who's value to the Tigers is immense. If they continue to give him more freedom between the 50m lines he'll produce this regularly. Holland may be slow and I dont think he's suited to CHB. He can however take a grab and kicks straight. Dont forget he's only been back 5 weeks in senior football from a full knee reconstruction. Holland should be the Tigers full forward for the remainder of his career.

shawry said:
Richo is an utter champion and would love to see him in this role for another couple of weeks to make a definite decision. Do like the way he went forward later and kicked goals. Similar to what Hird does.

Shawry, don't get too excited 'mate'. Richo kicked 2 goals against a bunch of no hopers, in the llast quarter when the game was over. When was the last time Richo put in a half decent performance against a top side???

I am a Richo fan also, but of his 25 disposals, 6-7 of them were direct turnovers or shocking decision making kicks. His inconsistency and blatant stupidity on the field takes the champion out of him. Comparing him to Hird is like comparing Adelaide to Melbourne - no comparison! ;D

It's great GoTigers, peaceful, clean,, attractive on the eye, everything is close to everything adn there is decent nightlife but not over the top. And prices on thigns and property are all good too.
The winter weather is hsit but you get that in Melbourne too. Love the city.

Shawry/Gotigers,

As a person that's lived in both cities (born Melb and now living here again and lived Adelaide for 8 years) I think that you can never judge another place unless you have lived there.

People from Melbourne generally have an outlook that if it is not big and there's not a gallon of options to be entertained by then it's a hell hole. It's only the fact that is what they have been brought up with so they expect that from everywhere without ever trying something different. If the other city does not match or exceed these expectations then it's crap.

In a city like Adelaide there is entertainment but obviously not on the scale or the same amount of choices. However, if you are prepared to entertain yourself, ie. get off your arse and do whatever, like sport it is a great place. Adelaide is great for people that like outdoor activities. There's also a great food/wine culture and plenty of great pubs around the city area and inner suburbs.

I also love Melbourne, I love the footy culture of more than two teams. Generally all the Vic teams get a good even coverage in the press and I just love listening to the footy on the radio all weekend.

Both places have good and bad things you just have to make the most of what's on offer. No place is better or worse IMO.

Aahh except for Crows supporters that is!

TT: Crows dont have supporters, they have football watchers. Port supporters are worse.

Did live in Werribee for 7 years as young un and did like Melbourne and the only reason i would live there again would be for the football and being able to watch Richmond weekely adn go to Punt Road.

Do like your analysis though,.