Well known Tiger Supporters | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Well known Tiger Supporters

tiga

New RFC fitness regime under Wallace
Apr 28, 2003
Blue Mountains NSW
Tonight on TV I noticed that Reggie from Big Brother or her Hubby are Tiger fans. As they walked in the door of their home I noticed a framed fully autographed Tigers Jumper positioned prominently in their hallway.

Now I know when teams start winning you usually see celebrities appearing in corporate boxes but for the life of me I can't recall any well known celebrities except for Mick Molloy and some ex players supporting our beloved Tigers. Can anyone refresh my memory?? ???

Denise Drysdale was the number 1 female ticket holder for awhile I think.

But on the way to a Tiger game one night I noticed a denim clad bloke swaggering along with his Tiger scarf and a couple of mates in tow.
We had a win that night and later at the Corner Hotel.... Tex Perkins got on stage still wearing his Tiger scarf. 8)

Russel Crowe, chartered a plane to see the Tigers win over Carlton in the finals 2001. He lived in Richmond for a while a became a fan then.

Golfer Greg Norman has ties to the Tigers.

There is of course 60's & 70's rocker Russell Morris

But I thought 2 of our most well known supporters down at the Club are our very own Diggles & Laff ;D

Jeez, what a sorry collection. The only big names are Rugby League supporters who wouldn't know a ball up from a bar of soap. The others are either dead or so minor that Bert Newton would think twice about having them on Good Morning Australia.

Going on this list and Laff's allegations about the mystery letter, we can only assume that moles at the club released the Frawley memo in response to a spray from Reggie of Big Brother!

What is it with Big Brother participants? I reckon Blair from the first one was also an avid Richmond supporter and now he is on Neighbours or some other similar low quality production.

shawry said:
What is it with Big Brother participants? I reckon Blair from the first one was also an avid Richmond supporter and now he is on Neighbours or some other similar low quality production.

Blair is actually a Swans fan. The jumper he wore in the Big Brother house was from his local football side Heidelberg who wear Richmond jumpers.

wasn't there talk that Ian Campbell was going to approach Tiger Woods to become a member?

Archbishop George Pell - he of the recent trumped up priest sex charges. He is a big tiger fan, and actually played for the club back in the 50's/60's.

Didn't we have John McEnroe at training last summer so he now qualifies.

Also remember George Foreman being at a game a few years ago brandishing a Tiger scarf. (even if it was only for the cameras)

Sheed's mum!

Talk about desperate

Excuse my ignorance, but who the hell's Livinia Nixon?

Anyway, I finally remembered one quality famous person who is not a trumped-up celebrity flown in for one game - Herb Elliot.

Oh, and Paul Reiffel.

Livinia Nixon was going out with Aaron Lord from Geelong. He's done well Lord, before her he was going out with Miss Australia, Renee Henderson or Chelsea from the House of Bolger. :-* :p

A couple of other well know Tiger supporters (and I'm really scraping the barrel here):

Anthony Mithen - Ch 9 Sports reporter
Gareth Borrum - Ch 10 Political reporter
Kristie Jandric :-* :p (Justin Blumfield's girlfriend) - she was on that classic TV reality show Temptation Island and has been in the equally impressive Ralph magazine. I knew that there was something that I really liked about Blumfield ;D

Struth if talking TV commentators

There's Drew Morphett - formerly of Channel 7 now ABC radio

And who could forget in the mid-eighties Boy George's one hit wonder Boyfriend/Girlfriend Marilyn ....

You know the song "I need you"

Geez I am showing my age

I acnt stand Drew Morphett, makes me want to listen to a different station every time. Have a bit moer respect for him nowi know he is a Richmond supporter, but not much.

And i remember, had one other good song i can remember but just cant htink of it at the moment.

I don't think Drew Morphett supports anyone really. I believe that Channel 7 promo. they did with him in a Richmond jumper was just a case of no one had a Richmond jumper so he took that one.

I very much doubt he has ever really supported the Tigers.

Rod Marsh and Dennis Lillee used to be Richmond supporters. Don't know whether they still are or not, since the Eagles have come into the competition.

Lester Ellis.