I Have To Admit | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

I Have To Admit

shawry said:
TT: Crows dont have supporters, they have football watchers. Port supporters are worse.

Yeah I forgot about that.

Never forget before Port were in the comp I was out somewhere and they had a Crows game on live and I was sitting ther watching it and some moron came up to me and said, "Are we winning?", huh as if I was a Crows 'follower' just because I was living in Adelaide. Now that used to really grate me.

hey shawry & TT,

i was in adelaide with my family for the past 4 days visiting my sick grandfather. I have to tell you adelaide is a bit like perth but older ;D I dont know about being that great either, went through port adelaide thought it would be a good idea to wind my windows up in the car hehehe

oh yeah and whats the deal with that one way freeway heading south??? then switches in the afternoon??? very strange ;D

and where you have crows and port supporters annoying you i have eagles and dockers supporters doing the same....

i heard that idiot cunningham on the radio calling the saints v crows game and how do you guys put up with his biased commentary??? he was absolutely a disgrace. and i thought karl langdon and scott watters and george gruuuula ich were one eyed.

PuntRoadRoar said:
hey shawry & TT,

i was in adelaide with my family for the past 4 days visiting my sick grandfather. I have to tell you adelaide is a bit like perth but older ;D I dont know about being that great either, went through port adelaide thought it would be a good idea to wind my windows up in the car hehehe

oh yeah and whats the deal with that one way freeway heading south??? then switches in the afternoon??? very strange ;D

and where you have crows and port supporters annoying you i have eagles and dockers supporters doing the same....

i heard that idiot cunningham on the radio calling the saints v crows game and how do you guys put up with his biased commentary??? he was absolutely a disgrace. and i thought karl langdon and scott watters and george gruuuula ich were one eyed.

I was in Port Adelaide Monday lunchtime and it is dodgy. THere are wrose suburbs too, try Pennington and Kilkenny they are shockers.

The Southern Expressway is dodgy i guess with the changing times it is supposed to make traffic flow freely as the y assume everyone goes into town adn out of ton atte same time. The others going the other way can jsut go down Main South Road. I dont have to use it much, i travel down the freeway to the hills every night.

As for Kg they are biased, i prefer to listen to other stations when games are on. ABC or MMM are the go. Like their midweek shows though but everytrhign is Crowsor Port oriented which makes it shithouse at times.

To all you Richo baggers...

There would not be a forward in the comp that could perform in a side with the delivery we provide. In some ways i wish we would trade him - to a side with skills, then you guys would know where the fault lies.

No coach since John Northey has used Richo's uniqueness (height and pace) UP THE GROUND. He's too big for and tall to run after, so regardless of the lack of height in the dogs team, NO OPPOSITION can man him with a tall if he's up the ground - unless they want to see him marking totally uncontested.

People expect him to beat a direct opponent plus a ruckmen and anyone else coming in to lend a hand when our midfield can't even deliver to his advantage.

He's the only forward in the comp who has to be mindfull of manning up on his opponent while on the lead, because that's usually where the pass from upfield lands.

To make things worse we move the ball too slowly coz our game plan is so defensive. We are better equipped than any side in the comp to enguage the opposition in a full on shootout - USE OUR MARKING POWER + the likes of Krack, McGrath and Rodan, rather than trying to hold teams to a score more pathetic than out own.

Frickenel: Agree with you. Richo is an out ad out champion and the last paragraph is exactly howi feel. Attackign football si the way ot go in my book whilst also having an emphasis on defence but once you get the ball, boom. Hard running.

frickenel said:
To make things worse we move the ball too slowly coz our game plan is so defensive. We are better equipped than any side in the comp to enguage the opposition in a full on shootout - USE OUR MARKING POWER + the likes of Krack, McGrath and Rodan, rather than trying to hold teams to a score more pathetic than out own.

Frickenel, I agree we move the ball too slowly as our game plan is so defensive (excluding the doggies game) and that we would be better off being more offensive against most of the sides in the comp but against the top sides we would still fail as we don't have any depth in our midfield rotation. To utilize and take advantage of our marking power we need the ball delivered to them regularly. If they are deprived due to our midifeld losing out (as they are against the better teams) then we fall apart as we did in 2001. Apart from Cogs, with Cambo and Johnson to help out, we have no other hard in and under ballwinners. That's why we usually get smashed in the clearances. Nowhere near enough players willing to put their head over the ball in packs and cop the oncoming punishment to win the ball for the Tiges.

Welcome to PRE btw :)

So is Richo a forward or a midfielder now?

mt - agree, but our midfield just isn't up to a shoot-out in MOST cases, especially without the class of Johnson and Campbo in there consistently. We still need at least one more tough ball magnet and a couple of hard runners to join the rotation, then we might see some better clearance rates and therefore higher scores.

In response to Dean3 and Mightytiges:

I agree our midfield still comes up short, but with a game plan where we kick 8 or 10 goals for a game, the opposition only has to break loose for 15 minutes and you are 5 goals down the poo-shoot.
This has happened against a number of the top sides ie Lions, West Coast, Port etc, where the game was an arm wrestle other than for a 15 minute period where they've broken the shackles and kicked away.

I agree, you have to have some mind for defense, but if our stance is a lot more aggressive, we have the forwards to win with less entries - at least you are in with a chance. Who knows what can happen if you get the jump on the opposition - even if it's good opposition. Make them think twice about THEIR game plan. We are allowing others to dictate terms by not presenting any threat.

As for the midfield, i sure as hell don't want us going after Brown from the Bullies. I think it's crazy to go after small forwards when the real answer is midfielders who can go forward and kick goals. The game is too quick to limit your midfield rotations with permanent small forwards. Kids like Krakouer and McGrath are light as hell, but i'd still like to see them with time in the midfield as both tackle like terriers. Krakouer is probably pound for pound the best tackler in the comp.

If we got Brown, he'd suffer for the crap disposal from upfield - much like Hudson. How on earth did we give away the 13th draft pick for Huddo and pick 43(i think), when he was well past his prime and needs to be hit between the tits to get a kick. He could have been in his prime and he still would have failed in our team because of the type of delivery he requires.

Last thing, Holland forward!! Notice how straight he leads. The ball is now being delivered to the hot spot 25m out. His leads are a lot shorter than Richo's which also means it's easier for the little guys to be at his feet for the spillages.

If we want a Brown type in the forward line, maybe that's how we should use Bowden. I remember his first game against the Roos. He knows how to lead, and how to throw out a false lead. This would also create space behind him and stop the foward line from being stagnant. He's strong overhead for his size too and a fairly reliable shot on goal.

I better stop now, i'm actually starting to think i'm very clever.