Ian Campbell has resigned | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Ian Campbell has resigned

jackstar said:
People mention about membership incentives, guess what, EVERY CLUB has them. just you ask opposition members. How stupid are you members ??
Ask a Hawthorn member what they receive ? Forget about a cap, they get a great scarf and a quality one at that amongst other items
Ask the saints what they get, miles better deal than us.They get discounts holidays around Australia of up to 50%. Yes they get an entertainment book with bascially everything thrown in.
I wont go on as you might want to join other clubs ;)

Why do you need to call our members stupid for thinking our membership benefits are good jackstar? :mad:

Yes we got a cap rather than a scarf but you conveniently omitted the Dirty Dog sunglasses. 8) And the Motorola phones as an incentive. And the invitation to a function at Crown.

I'm sure plenty of clubs would envy our membership package this year.

I know some Hawks people who do.

Roos members only get a cap and that's if they take the voucher to the Roos Den to collect it. Not much use to country members who don't get to Melbourne often.

As for discount holidays, they aren't worth a pinch of salt if you don't go away. We get discount deals as well and I've never even read what they are because i'm not in a position to use them.

I shudder to think what our membership would have been if we didn't have the incentives to encourage people to sign up when they otherwise mightn't have.

Credit where it's due and whoever came up with the incentive deals did well.

jackstar said:
IF Campbell was a peoples person, where has he been for the past 3 months while this footy club goes down the drain ?
No where to been seen, there was no support for the coach during the spitting episode,hasnt faced the media once that I can remember.
I can tell you that the board, whats left of it are filfthy about him. At the end of the day, the CEO runs the club and is paid accordingly.
Board members are NOT PAID one cent.
This ""people person"" has outsourced the marketing dept that generated heaps of corporate sponorship,and guess what?,our corporate sponsors are 50% less this year thanks to Campbell. No wonder hes gone as of today.
Another ""Johnny come lately"" who has gone.
This was also the clown who wanted to turn punt road oval into a rock venue of all things.
Campbell probably earnt $250,000 plus for his "gig"" at punt road.

Here, here Jackstar, thank you for backing up what i have been saying on this board about this imposter for some time now.

I'll admit, there was an improvement in membership numbers and service this season (even though I didn't receive mine for 2 months). Maybe we should have offered him the Membership manager role in the first place rather then CEO!!!! ;D

What other CEO or Secretary at Richmond has been approachable as Campbell was?

What other CEO or Secretary offered the members information nights?

And as for facing the media over the last month, what was he going to add to the spitting saga?

Don't we have a media department for that?

I think we need to look further than Campbell to find the cause of our administration strife.

Did the board members resign because of Campbell??

roywoj said:
Nifti,

we do need a big axe!

However the club ( in its current state as a club with a huge and loyal supporter base ) will not survive another 5 year plan - and this will happen with a total cleanout - let's be strategic - get rid of the coach and president.

I am probably insane but i believe there is enough of a list now to make 1 go at the premiership with richo still playing ( before he retires) - we just need a couple of strategic players and a good coach for next year. Richo could take us to the promised land but he needs help - brown has been the beginning of that help!!! Campbell - it is time to go - or start showing us you are worthy of the jumper number!!!

Unfortunately no quick fix is going to make us serious premier contender. Youth is the answer and that’s the direction the club must take. Once we start getting some top young players the club will be competitive for a number of years.

Boyanich said:
What other CEO or Secretary at Richmond has been approachable as Campbell was?

What other CEO or Secretary offered the members information nights?

And as for facing the media over the last month, what was he going to add to the spitting saga?

Don't we have a media department for that?

I think we need to look further than Campbell to find the cause of our administration strife.   

Did the board members resign because of Campbell??

Bosnich,

I don't give a rats clacker how approachable he is - he has put the club in financial ruin with some of his decisions. Just because he's approachable doesn't make him a good CEO. Danny's very approachable is he a good coach?

The information nights were a load of crap, end of story.

As for facing the media, I posted before that I only ever heard him twice in the media. Once when he was appointed, and second when he spoke about Punt Rd and his vision of making it a rock concert. Sorry, I couldn't imagine my man Springsteen playing at Punt Rd Oval!!! We're was he when the financial blowout was announced. The CEO sets the budget, he should explain together with the Pres.

Yes one of the reasons Board members resigned was because of the financial blowout. A buddget set by the CEO.