In the rooms after game | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

In the rooms after game

The Boss

Tiger Superstar
Apr 7, 2003
The Boss was in the rooms after the game and has a few things to report:

Very sombre as you would expect but even more so when news came thru that Cambo had torn his Achilles. Very serious injury and I hope he can make it back it time for Round 1 next season. Felt for his girlfriend who upon hearing the news was hysterically crying and left the rooms for a while.

A function was held in the rooms after the game for Leon’s 250th. Plenty of sandwiches and VB going around. The Boss managed to sink a few green ones and have a good feed. Players and officials were then moving onto Frawley’s house for a function to honour Leon. The Boss was not invited.

Managed to speak to a few people in the know. Expecting to make big changes to the playing list at seasons end. 6-8 players are safe the rest are tradeable.

Spoke to Ray Hall said he might be back this week but more likely the next. I told him not to rush back!!!
Trade him.

Doubtful whether McGrath will get a game or be on the list next season. Very poor attitude, turns up to training late or not at all and has been suspended by the club earlier this season for disciplinary reasons. Has not settled in Melbourne.

Heard a few whispers that Danny hasn’t been coping well with the losses, particularly after the Crows game. Inappropriate to discuss this topic further on this forum.

dimmauchamp

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2003
cmon BOSS!!!

Let us know about what frawley has been doing about the losses!!!

Crying??? Drinking??? Laughing??? Asking for MUMMY???

Please let us know more about what is actually going to happen to him!!!

dimmauchamp

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2003
Another thing....

Perhaps if Mcgrath was given some sort of chance to play in the seniors his attitude wouldnt be as bad!!! When you regularly see blokes like King, biddiscumm and others get a game and you sit in the ressies than something has got to give!!! Ive seen many coburg games and he has played heaps better than pettifer king and others but had no call up!!!!! Its poor player management!!!!

Rampaging_Richo

Making the easy seem incredible
Dec 19, 2002
Melbourne
Not coping well? No *smile*...did you see him in the box before the game? He looked like a shattered man before the game even started, they didn't show him other than 1/4 and 3/4 time address, but a picture tells a thousand words,

The picture told me;
Danny has lost all confidence in himself and would do well by himself and the club and quiting at seasons end.

McGrath - what is up there?

The Boss

Tiger Superstar
Apr 7, 2003
Sorry guys, no further comment on Frawley only to say that it hit its peak after the Crows game. Don't ask anymore about it.

Regarding McGrath, I don't think you can reward a guy with a senior game if he's got a poor attitude that includes not turning up to training, is lazy and whose main priority isn't footy.!!! I'm not being racist but Marty is one of those wayward Aboriginal players that clubs are always concerned about when they draft them.

Rampaging_Richo

Dec 19, 2002
Melbourne
The Boss said:
Sorry guys, no further comment on Frawley only to say that it hit its peak after the Crows game. Don't ask anymore about it.

Boss, please elaborate. By you 2 references to this says to me that either Danny has had some sort of mental meltdown, he has offered to quit or he has asked the club for its support or otherwise of him.

If it is one of the first 2, the club would be stupid to retain a bloke who is a shell of the man that walked into the club 4 years ago.

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
The Boss said:
Heard a few whispers that Danny hasn’t been coping well with the losses, particularly after the Crows game. Inappropriate to discuss this topic further on this forum.

Danny did not seem right after the Crows game. Answered a few questions from Hutchison and then disappeared rapidly not to be seen again for the remainder of the function. He is an emotional guy and it is no surprise the results are not sitting well with him. I hope things go well, just for him , it si obvious the pain effects him too.

Boss: Where is a more appropriate place to elaborate without it being open in public.

johnson2richo2003

"Players stop improving is the day i leave."
Dec 19, 2002
frawleyudud said:
Another thing....

Perhaps if Mcgrath was given some sort of chance to play in the seniors his attitude wouldnt be as bad!!! When you regularly see blokes like King, biddiscumm and others get a game and you sit in the ressies than something has got to give!!! Ive seen many coburg games and he has played heaps better than pettifer king and others but had no call up!!!!! Its poor player management!!!!
and when was he ready to play in the seniors in your opinion?last year this year?

Koalalill

Just looking for someone else to curse!
Dec 17, 2002
frawleyudud said:
Perhaps if Mcgrath was given some sort of chance to play in the seniors his attitude wouldnt be as bad!!!

FUD - are you serious? If he had the right attitude he would be playing in the seniors - it is as simple as that.

His attitude has nothing to do with the whether King, Rogers and Bidders are playing in the seniors. The Boss has told you the reasons why he isn't being picked.

Using your example let's look at Chris Hyde. That kid is busting his backside on the track and for Coburg and doing his best when he gets on the field for the seniors. He certainly hasn't got an attitude like Marty's. He just keeps trying his hardest.

diggler

The Tigers Spine
Dec 18, 2002
I feel for Danny, I really do.

I feel he needs to be sacked.

Boss. Has he a drinking problem. I heard he used to give it a nudge back in his social club playing days! Mind you, I couldnt blame him coaching that rabble.

Rampaging_Richo

Dec 19, 2002
Melbourne
johnson2richo2003 said:
so your saying he hasnt got talent?

What is the good of having a kid who has talent but has a bad attitude? This is part of the job of a recruiting manager - finding out what kind of person, not just footballer, you are bringing into the club.

If there was a question mark over his attitude and application it should have been identified before he was drafted, to have not is one of Beck's major failings.

Then again maybe he hates Melbourne and wants to go home..

dimmauchamp

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2003
well than koalill why isnt Hyde being rewarded?????

Do tell!!!

If he is busting his backside both at training and ressies WHY isnt he given a fair go???

Why are they continually giving pettifer, biddiscum and co a chance but not a young kid who is willing to have a REAL crack ala coughlan and newman????

MATES RATES thats why!!!! Get rid of that drunken fool danny

Koalalill

Just looking for someone else to curse!
Dec 17, 2002
frawleyudud said:
well than koalill why isnt Hyde being rewarded?????

This is gonna shock you FUD, but on the subject of Hyde being dropped last week - I AGREE WITH YOU- shouldn't have happened. I thought he did some good things against Adel and certainly attacked the ball.

The point I was trying to make was if Marty's attitude problem is because of the likes of King, Bidders, Rogers are being seleted then why isn't Hyde's attitude the same?

The answer is because footy is Chris' main focus unlike Marty's and Hyde knows the only chance (and I know you will say he has no chance) he has of making it is to work boody hard - in other words he has the right attitude

The Boss

Tiger Superstar
Apr 7, 2003
Diggles and FUD - Alcohol is not the issue. Of course he gave it a nudge in his playing days Diggles, didn't everyone at the St Kilda Social Club. Your way off the mark guys.
Let's move on from this issue because I'm noy going to discuss it any further.

diggler

The Tigers Spine
Dec 18, 2002
Ok Boss. I can fully understead. Being the RFC coach would have to be the worst job in australia, with all these demanding ferals breathing down your neck!

Rampaging_Richo

Dec 19, 2002
Melbourne
Hey Boss, you raised the issue on Frawley taking things a little hard after Adelaide!!

Your insight is always enlightening and thoroughly enjoyed, but in future if you feel it is not appropriate to raise an issue as in this case, feel free to keep it to yourself.

Love your work though Boss ;)

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
I hope there's no razor blades within frawleys vicinity when we lose to the bulldogs. He's obviously mentally unstable and belongs in a padded cell.

Dean3

Older than I've ever been
Dec 17, 2002
Melbourne
Is that supposed to be a joke Harry? If so, it's in very poor taste, and if not...well I'll let it speak for itself.