Injury 2024 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Injury 2024

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Interesting that the Lynch injury is not a hamstring, it’s the back of the knee. Also described as very unusual.

Balta’s injury was a contact injury, not a lot we can do about that. Grimes has a wrist injury.

Some of these things are just bad luck.

No mention of Judson Clarke in the report
Yeah Balta's definitely bad luck but like Mozza, he needs to slow down a bit and compose himself.

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
at this rate we won't be able to field a 22 man side. what happens if it comes to that? like during covid when wce could draw on state leaguers?
Henny Penny? Read Benny's comment and absorb. Yes it's tough but we should get a couple of handy types back this week in Dusty and Jack Graham. Plus we have Naismith, Ryan and Koso to look at replacing TL and Noah. Not in the same bracket, but it is what it is.

Don't think many, even on PRE, think we are going to be certs to play finals in '24. It's about playing/developing/testing the next generation cubs for the future. This way we get to see more about who is well worth persevering with.

That's why I really don't mind if Grimsy's wrist is still too sore. Brown is going well and would like to see him kept in the AFL side.

Reactions: 4 users

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Interesting that the Lynch injury is not a hamstring, it’s the back of the knee. Also described as very unusual.

Balta’s injury was a contact injury, not a lot we can do about that. Grimes has a wrist injury.

Some of these things are just bad luck.

No mention of Judson Clarke in the report
Yep, Noah's probably happened in last 20 secs I think Meehan said. What bad luck for both guys. :(

toothless

Tiger Champion
Aug 16, 2009
Henny Penny?
nope, didn't expect to make the finals anyway so glad injuries have forced the club's hand to develop. if injuries continue along in the same vein it is possible we won't be able to field a side - it won't be the first time it's happened.

Don’t Argue

Tiger Superstar
Jun 22, 2019
Have a look at Hawthorn’s soft tissue injury list.
Peter Burge their head of physical performance.
Just sayin.

Reactions: 3 users

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Good the vfl have the week off, I think we’d only have 5 or so available who could play
Yes, really feel for them; will be the most affected, just when going so well. Incidentally, I really like the make-up of our VFL group this year; pleased to see a lot more height across the list. We need to find or develop more players who can compete in the air.

Lefau already lost from VFL list; another injury to a tall forward will cripple us severely.

JoeGee

Tiger Cub
Oct 17, 2023
Jesus if I was a new draftee I would not want to come to Richmond. Looks like we are adding McAuliffe to the list.

Reactions: 1 user

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Everyone talking about no Lynch and no Noah but also no Gibbus.

At the very least the Gibbus could've been shifted to FF and clunked a few if he also wasn't stuffed.

Critical injuries again all to critical players.

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003
You normally can cop a few injuries.
The odd guy missing a week or two weeks here and there.

What gets me is ours are ALL long term.
4 to 6 weeks at the absolute minimum.
From Fridge in the praccy match to now.
Never seen so many long term outs all so close together.

• Angry
Reactions: 3 users

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
You normally can cop a few injuries.
The odd guy missing a week or two weeks here and there.

What gets me is ours are ALL long term.
4 to 6 weeks at the absolute minimum.
From Fridge in the praccy match to now.
Never seen so many long term outs all so close together.
Time to sacrifice the camel. Get a halal butcher in, turn it towards Mecca and do the business. *smile* camels.
Then get a feng shui or a juju doctor in. Get some smoky gum leaves waved around. An exorcist in. A Buddhist monk, a Shinto priest, an RC and CoE to slop some holy water around. A Hindu holy man, an Indian shaman. Get the whole shebang

For heavens sake do something!

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
crash test GIF by Autoblog

This is what they mean when the RFC S&C mob say ‘test’ in the injury report.

• Haha

JimJessTorp

Barrels it!
May 20, 2009
An armchair in Sydney
Grapevine reporting that the RFC office tea lady has done a groin. Two weeks.

Pity. With our injury list she was a walk up start for the game against Bye (who I assume is a new expansion club.)

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
Grapevine reporting that the RFC office tea lady has done a groin. Two weeks.

Pity. With our injury list she was a walk up start for the game against Bye (who I assume is a new expansion club.)
She’s been told to use tea bags and not leaf tea. SafeWork Victoria looking to investigate.
Put her out to pasture and get some Thai tea ladies. They’re more robust

Reactions: 1 users

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
I suppose we are lucky we only have a small injury list of fourteen mostly frontliners that is not troublesome to us unlike the poor Hawks who are injury plagued having eleven out.

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004

White Sage
Supposed to purify an environment via rituals.
My brother is a shaman, and he used it to cleanse an old house I was living in as he said it would help our kids sleep better. Not saying I'm a big believer in what he did, but our kids stopped waking up in the middle of the night immediately after he used it (they weren't in the house when he did his thing).
With an injury list like ours, I'd try any superstition or spiritual voodoo to try fix it.

Reactions: 1 users