Injury 2024 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Injury 2024

Prestia is clearly struggling with his body, both hamstrings and calf recurrences, to put a season together. There has to be questions over his future, same goes for Grimes now.

Lynch and Balta's injuries were impact injuries from landing awkwardly very late in the game. I saw TL clutch at his leg as soon as he did it. He must have stayed on when he shouldn't have, to try and help the team score a win. Took that kick for goal and probably wrong - another player could have.

Both just bad luck; nothing to do with Meehan for those drawing him into it.
Balta got knee to knee impact from that dud from Collingwood

The injury gods have got it in for us with two of our most important big men out for quite a while and to add insult to injury the MRO are nailing Bakes so next week we are going into the match compromised

Good leadership from Benny.
Probably also out of necessity at membership time too.
It's been the worst start to the season possible (draw, injuries etc) for a club trying to sell hope.
Might have more bad news to come.
Can’t say any more but stay tuned

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
Injuries to Tom and Noah are worse than thought, or another player injured?
I'd be assuming another injury, or worsening of someone already on the injury list, it feels way too fast for the club to go "oh actually we were wrong when we said x weeks for Noah & Tom".

Though, the one way it could be about Tom is if he's decided that this injury's the last straw, wouldn't blame anyone wanting to throw in the towel after spending 12 months in rehab and being sent back into it 4 weeks later

I think The Chief found some supplies from the previous coach.
Or maybe back from Nepal after having a spiritual encounter with the Dalai.
Keep planting, Chief!
Time to plant some pressure on the Aints!

Prestia is clearly struggling with his body, both hamstrings and calf recurrences, to put a season together. There has to be questions over his future, same goes for Grimes now.

Lynch and Balta's injuries were impact injuries from landing awkwardly very late in the game. I saw TL clutch at his leg as soon as he did it. He must have stayed on when he shouldn't have, to try and help the team score a win. Took that kick for goal and probably wrong - another player could have.

Both just bad luck; nothing to do with Meehan for those drawing him into it.
I absolutely don't blame Meehan as benny Gale is so good ,Meehan would go if at fault, which he isnt

Come on,leave us hanging out to dry .
U can't say brace for more bad news,then give us nothing, best to say nothing to save us stressing what it is.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Richmond Gather Round Injury Update​

Dustin Martin, Dylan Grimes, and Jack Graham are all set to train this week, with the aim of returning to action against St Kilda in Adelaide this weekend.
By Richmond Media

Dustin Martin, Dylan Grimes, and Jack Graham are all set to train this week, with the aim of returning to action against St Kilda in Adelaide this weekend.

Martin (calf) and Grimes (wrist) missed last round’s clash due to injury, while Graham is yet to feature at any level this season after he strained his quad in the dying stages of the Charity Shield match against Collingwood in February.

A timeline for forward Tom Lynch’s hamstring tendon injury can also be confirmed. Lynch is expected to miss 10-12 weeks.

Unfortunately, versatile youngster Jacob Bauer will miss 4-6 weeks with a hamstring strain after suffering the injury at training last week. Bauer had been building match conditioning after an interrupted pre-season before the injury occurred.

Richmond Injury List:

Test

Dustin Martin, calf

Dylan Grimes, wrist

Jack Graham, quad

Unavailable

James Trezise, ankle (3-5 weeks)

Jacob Hopper, knee (3-4 weeks)

Noah Balta, knee (4-6 weeks)

Jacob Bauer, hamstring (4-6 weeks)

Dion Prestia, hamstring (6 weeks)

Tom Lynch, hamstring (10-12 weeks)