Injury and Membership updates | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Injury and Membership updates

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Yesterdays updates from the club site.

Player Injury Status
Ben Holland Knee, ACL rupture Available
Brad Ottens Back 7 - 8 weeks
Duncan Kellaway Hamstring 1 week
Matthew Richardson Cheek Available
Mathew Shir Quad 1 week
Jay Schulz Groin 1 week

Membership

G

giggler

Pathetic membership figures after a good start to the season.

KL, any knowledge about how other teams are faring - whether they're up or down as far as we are?

Koalalill

Just looking for someone else to curse!
Dec 17, 2002
giggler said:
KL, any knowledge about how other teams are faring - whether they're up or down as far as we are?

Well I think everyone is aware of where the Magpies are sitting at the moments numbers wise. The current figures of all Clubs were in the Herald-Sun last week sometime.

But I do know that the Hawks are struggling this year and are looking at a significant decrease on last year. The Demons are ahead of where they were this time last year. The Bombers (I think) are behind this year compared to last year. THe Blues have more members now compared to their total from last year. I think RFC is third or fourth LAST on Victorian membership numbers at this time.

I will hunt out the figures tonight and post them in full.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Seeing we've had 2 wins since Greg millers outburst on Tiger fans, and only added a handful of members I reckon it might have had the opposite effect than what he had planned.
Hopefully if we can string together a few more wins people will hop on board.
Go Tiges.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
If we have IMPRESSIVE wins against st.kilda and hawthorn in the next 2 weeks then you will see member numbers rise. Its the teams performance that dictates the member numbers, not what Miller says.

The next 2 weeks are very important for member numbers because as a member you would want to sign up by round 5-6, otherwise it is not worth it. Therefore if richmond can produce good results these next 2 games then the members will jump on. If we have bad results these next 2 games, then I don't see our numbers increasing by much beyond that, regardless of how we perform beyond round 5.

MC24

Tiger Superstar
Jan 14, 2003
True what you say Harry.

Unfortunately, I think supporters now judge Richmond on how they perform against quality opposition. 2002 was the last straw for some supporters and it's gonna take some mighty efforts to get them back.

I doubt that beating middle of the ladder teams is going to increase our membership all that much.

gustiger12

Its Tiger Time
Jan 22, 2003
www.thaigerpics.com
Firstly I am already a member, but just knowing the Wobblers are ahead of us would be enough incentive for me to sign up.

I hate them beating us at anything.

mellowyellow

Tiger Matchwinner
Dec 18, 2002
Koalalill said:
But I do know that the Hawks are struggling this year and are looking at a significant decrease on last year.

Hugh Worth (sp?) has warned the Hawks that he considered it inhumane and cruel in the extreme to sign up any wild or domesticated animals to the HFC and warned of prosecution if they persisted in any further attemps to artificially inflate there numbers. :eek: Therein may lie the reason for the significant decline in memberships ;D

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
I wonder how much the reduced capacity at the MCG is affecting our membership given all tenant clubs were encouraging supporters to get a reserved seat as well. In Collingwood's case many of them signed up believing they've got the flag in the bag so they had a false ;D incentive to do so. If some of our supporters think we were/are not going to make the finals after 2002's effort and that buying a membership doesn't guarantee you a seat especially at blockbuster games then they might be reluctant to purchase one at all. Just a thought from left field for comment.

Dean3

Older than I've ever been
Dec 17, 2002
Melbourne
True mt, but there was a special 'Blockbuster' membership package available to counteract that this year - can't remember the cost exactly but it was pretty attractive, so that shouldn't have been a factor.

IMO, the main problem is that supporters and prospective members just can't see a clear direction for the club ATM. I think supporters are willing to pay out when they can see a clear path, either trying to win a flag or rebuilding. We seem to be somewhere in between right now and that is frustrating and unattractive.

Koalalill

Just looking for someone else to curse!
Dec 17, 2002
From Thursday's Herald-Sun - Victorian Club M'ship figures

C'wood 37,000+
Essendon 29,069
Carlton 28,647
Hawthorn 26,204
geelong 21,288
St Kilda 21,000
Richmond 20,700
Bulldogs 18,095
Melbourne 18,000
Kangaroos 16,391

I agree our membership numbers aren't good. The club knows they are not good. They are very concerned about this. I think MC24's comments are spot on the money. People have disappointed too many times. They want results on the field. But most of all I think they want those results on the field consistently.

It is going to take alot of effort to get them back.

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
Looks like reality has finally caught up with the RFC. I completely understand why many supporters are just fed up with the constant dissappointment and lack of success and they have sent the laudest possible message to the club that they have had enough.

It is also interesting to see that Geelong, Carlton and St Kilda are all ahead of us in membership. All those teams have publicly stated they are rebuilding and have very clear direction and are honest with the supporters. Richmond on the other hand still can't decide whether they are rebuilding or going for a premiership and the supporters can sense the indecision and confusion and consequently are relucant to comit financially.

If Ian Campbell and co want to regain lost members then the club must firmly commit in a particular direction and actually show outward signs they are progressing toward there goals. This will get the members back.

gustiger12

Its Tiger Time
Jan 22, 2003
www.thaigerpics.com
Those who haven't re-signed should be ashamed that teams like St.kilda, Carlton, Geelong and Hawthorn have more members than us.

No wonder Greg MILLER was so pointed in his comments. I have not seen a game live in 3 and 1/2 years as I live overseas, but have maintained full membership during that time and have even signed up my Thai wife who is yet to see a game.

Get on board people our survival depends on it and how do we advance if we aren't prepared to back our own team. Yes I understand the 20 year argument, but thats why we have MILLER on board.

Time to back the beast in my opinion.

go Tigers