Hard nuts | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Hard nuts

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
from afl.com.au

Paul Hasleby has lamented the lack of ‘protectors’ at the Dockers.

Hasleby was cleaned up by 25-year-old first gamer Tim Fleming just before quarter-time in Sunday’s thrashing at the hands of the Richmond Tigers.

Fleming, who had just come on to the ground, skirted the pack and nailed Hasleby with a hip-and-shoulder just after a centre bounce.

The star midfielder, who collected 37 possessions against Sydney in round two, said it was a good clean bump that had just winded him.

“Obviously after last weekend, I expected a bit of pressure from them, but I didn’t expect one that hard,” he said.

“He got me pretty good...."

“It’s a funny thing – some clubs have them (protectors).

----------------------------

Fleming, Zantuck, Cogs, Johnson, Stafford..... We're getting a good collection of hard nuts at tigerland who can dish it out as well as take it. Something the club should be congratulated on. I know it's still early days but it looks more and more like week by week we're losing that 'soft' team of receivers image.

Car'n the Tigers!

gustiger12

Its Tiger Time
Jan 22, 2003
www.thaigerpics.com
Don't we just love the squealers when they get a bit of a bump....

Just as well we didn't get him if he is that soft......I am not knocking his ability, but I do doubt anyone who runs to the media and claims priviledge when the going gets tough.

This is a mans game and if you can't handle it go and play basketball.