Injury Management 2022 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Injury Management 2022

What is the root cause of our injury management woes?

• Players aren't looking after themselves correctly / care factor has dropped with success

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Match committee overriding medical advice

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Medical staff no good / poor medical advice

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Just hit a run of bad luck

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aging / more injury prone bodies - so this is what we should expect

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Something Else

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Cheese Sandwich

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
I'm thinking its actually a player hunger issue (with no evidence).

Maybe not doing the ice bath and recovery perfectly / doing the rehab 100% etc. etc.

Potentially some connection and hunger lost so just some little drop offs leading to this.

You have to think Geelong still hungry so doing everything possible to keep their aging bodies working. I find it hard to believe that the medical advice for the treatment and prevention of these issues can vary so dramatically (for most cases)_, and so therefore it comes more down to following instructions. But I'm just speculating - respect anyone with that medical knowledge to comment.

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Geelong are still hungry because they haven’t dined out yet on a premiership. Apart from Selwood and Hawkins?, who else have won a flag from their current 22.

I can now understand why we are now falling off that cliff and they aren’t, our bags are full of chocolates which is weighing us down whilst theirs are still empty.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
The reduced Soft Cap, plus a further $100,000 taken off the cap because of COVID fines hasn't helped.
Not sure whether that had anything to do with Rob Innes walking, but whatever the reason, he's a massive loss. I'm sure Buddy Franklin reckons he's the duck's nuts.

Reactions: 1 user

D85

///
Nov 22, 2004
coburg
Rob Inness is the big factor. Elite with injury management and prevention.

Reactions: 1 users

14tempany

Tiger Rookie
Apr 12, 2009
rob Innes- that is all
our soft tissue management was superb in those years and our superior fitness in last quarters - you just knew we would run all over the other team in the final quarter
Very disappointing it has gone so badly downhill as it has

Reactions: 1 user