Is anyone really excited by the win | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Is anyone really excited by the win

TigersGoddess

Sing it Loud
Dec 17, 2002
Punt Road Oval
Happy with the win. Can't say I'm excited, doggies will get the wooden spoon and we can't make the eight. Great to see the young guys performance. Rather see us win but too little too late so it makes no difference.

iLoVeNeWmAn

RFC - can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em
Apr 15, 2003
www.abcsports.com.au
Wouldn't say I was excited by the win - actually, the only reason I went was to finally see McGrath in action.

There was a handful of us on here who knew his capabilities but there were also a band of people on here who backed Dudley's decision to not play McGrath at all - saying they agreed that his dicipline should keep him out of the side. Yeah, let's play Rogers every week coz he runs around the witches hats like a proffessional!!!

I wonder what those people are thinking now.........................................

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
IloveNewman said:
Wouldn't say I was excited by the win - actually, the only reason I went was to finally see McGrath in action.

There was a handful of us on here who knew his capabilities but there were also a band of people on here who backed Dudley's decision to not play McGrath at all - saying they agreed that his dicipline should keep him out of the side. Yeah, let's play Rogers every week coz he runs around the witches hats like a proffessional!!!

I wonder what those people are thinking now.........................................

I can tell yo uwhat i am thinking mate. I am thinking they did the right thing and that this may never have eventuated this way until the young fella got his act together and wanted to really platy senior fotoy adn take it seriously. Besides if hwe was undisciplined and stil lgot a senior game without deserving it and doing the right things whilst all the other players were, it would be a sure fire way for the other players doing the right thing to dessert teh current coaching and selection staff and be pretty pissedoff. I am happy with the way they have managed him and his stunning debut may never have been doen this way if he had have played earlier.

MC24

Tiger Superstar
Jan 14, 2003
Tenacious Tiges said:
The only thing that gets up my nose is that why does Richmond always have to wait until the season is over to try anything new. Too stuck in old fashioned stereotypical footy views.

Be brave Richmond and always be thinking of the long term plan.

Couldn't agree more TT.

I'm not excited by the win. It's just another season, like too many others, with another meaningless win that leaves you feeling very hollow.

Happy for the players that they finally got to enjoy playing and had a win. Footy is a whole lot more fun when the players look like they're enjoying what they are doing. Instead of the grinding games we have generally been subjected to.

RFC not KFC

Tiger Superstar
May 2, 2003
Maybe not excited but certainly pleased with a number of aspects. Great to see Richo given some licence, Dutchie at full forward, Krak & Marty - not just the goals but the efforts to keep the ball inside 50, Rodan in the middle, Ottens finding some form.

While the Doggies are last we needed to get some confidence back. Don't know if we'll beat the Dockers in Perth this week but at least I'm interested in watching it for the first time in months.

Rampaging_Richo

Making the easy seem incredible
Dec 19, 2002
Melbourne
Very excited, not for the fact we had a win, but the way in which we won it. It was a great game to watch, and I hope I can see a few more before the year is out to make my offseason a little more promising for 2004.

kb7882

Tiger Champion
Jul 10, 2003
Lilydale
Iwas excited by the return to the 'run-until-your-legs-fall-off' fair dinkum work ethic that we had earlier in the season. Go out with that attitude every week and you're going to win games, despite the duds.
Special mention Richo (amongst all the others, except JB)

cogs_is_sexy24

Tiger Rookie
Jul 12, 2003
Melbourne
hell yeh i'm excited about the win!!! its something that hasnt happened in ages, and it was great just watching them play like they really wanted to be out there. a wins a win. a lot of positives have come out of the match...especially marty mcgrath - lil champ! wat an excellent debut! and how's about the 3 musketeers! rodan, krak n mcgrath! they were fantastic! and it was great to see richo playing well (for once).

it was a shame, though, that cogs didnt have a great game...he was playing with a shoulder injury though. oh well, it looked as if the whole team wasnt relying on him for once!

we looked really positive out there. it was a scrappy first qtr, but the rest of the game was really good to watch.

EyeOfTheTiger

I'm a llama!
Jul 16, 2003
Same as most, excited to see some positive signs, but still bearing in mind the opposition was rock bottom and those signs haven't been there against better sides.

Still a win is a win, sure as hell beats losing. If they could keep it up they should get a bit of morale to take into next season.

The next few weeks will tell the story.