Is PC a euphemism for 'nice?' | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Is PC a euphemism for 'nice?'

KnightersRevenge

Baby Knighters is 7!! WTF??
Aug 21, 2007
Ireland
Have a look at Gia's post earlier about the academic lefties trying to expose the nonsense going on in academic circles with regard to "gender studes" etc. These university programs are turning out the professional activists you folks are referring to. There is a resistance to this from the left. It has to get better, but it does exist.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
You can't take gender off the birth certificate, it isn't there. Sex is recorded, not gender.

Sex is biological, gender is a societal construct.

DS

HR

Tiger Superstar
Mar 20, 2013
DavidSSS said:
You can't take gender off the birth certificate, it isn't there. Sex is recorded, not gender.

DS
You know what they mean David. Don't let Wikipedia spin your and others words to muddy the waters. Another blot in our society.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
DavidSSS said:

DS
Are you being semantical a or am I missing something?

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
If I identify as a 12 year old can I get into the footy at kids rates?

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010
DavidSSS said:

DS
But according to the LBGTIetc.etc. political lobby, sex and gender are completely different concepts and then they're not and then they are again and then they're not, or is that, they are again, depending on what suits the argument they are having on any given day? Muddying language and debate around this is actually a deliberate tactic. If you can't win an argument through logic, reason and observable, objective fact, what do you do? First you divert the discussion away from being a logical, rational discussion, to being one stuck in the quagmire of subjective muddiness. The next step is to suppress - in this case, by legislative means - logical, rational thought and objective, observable reason.

This is where I believe these lobby groups are displaying behaviour eerily similar to pre-enlightenment religious zealots. Like I suggested earlier, there is even a code of 'secular blasphemy' and heresy around these issues.

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010
Harry said:
If I identify as a 12 year old can I get into the footy at kids rates?
I assume that is a tongue in cheek comment. But extending on this, however on a serious note. It does make it - by law - extremely difficult, if not impossible to segregate on biological grounds between the two sexes.

Sport is an obvious example. Under these laws, I'd suggest it is a crime to refuse to allow someone born a biological male - or indeed one who is still a fully functioning biological male - to compete in female sporting competition, if he has signed a simple stat dec changing his sex (or gender) to female and is hence identifying as such.

A women's health service. A biological male identifying as female is refused service, as that person's 'equipment' isn't compatible with the services offered by that particular clinic. Could be argued as a crime under such laws......and so on.....

It most certainly has crossed a line in legislating the abandonment of the enlightened principles of observable, objective fact and logical reason as a governing principle.

People pushing this agenda (and indeed, the easily manipulated, gullible legislators willing to do anything to bow down to the alter of so called 'progressiveness') need to be very careful what they wish for. We are now at the point of some so called social justice issues beginning to canibalise others. But this is what identity politics seeks to do. It offers nothing but a state of perpetual conflict between warring 'tribes'.

Midsy

I am the one who knocks.
Jan 18, 2014
London
Panthera Tigris said:
I assume that is a tongue in cheek comment. But extending on this, however on a serious note. It does make it - by law - extremely difficult, if not impossible to segregate on biological grounds between the two sexes.

Sport is an obvious example. Under these laws, I'd suggest it is a crime to refuse to allow someone born a biological male - or indeed one who is still a fully functioning biological male - to compete in female sporting competition, if he has signed a simple stat dec changing his sex (or gender) to female and is hence identifying as such.

A women's health service. A biological male identifying as female is refused service, as that person's 'equipment' isn't compatible with the services offered by that particular clinic. Could be argued as a crime under such laws......and so on.....

It most certainly has crossed a line in legislating the abandonment of the enlightened principles of observable, objective fact and logical reason as a governing principle.

People pushing this agenda (and indeed, the easily manipulated, gullible legislators willing to do anything to bow down to the alter of so called 'progressiveness') need to be very careful what they wish for. We are now at the point of some so called social justice issues beginning to canibalise others. But this is what identity politics seeks to do. It offers nothing but a state of perpetual conflict between warring 'tribes'.

You could have just said "What a load of twaddle".

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
tigertim said:
Are you being semantical a or am I missing something?

I think you're missing something.

Sex is biological, gender is the societal roles we associate with each sex, I would refer to these as masculine and feminine as opposed to sexes which are female and male. Why do we associate certain roles with each sex? Is this necessary? Why only 2 gender roles when there are all sorts of people with different ways of life? The problem arises when gender roles are so tied to biological sex that some people think they need a sex change to follow a different path. Why can't a man be feminine? No reason really, and if this is accepted then you remove the need for some to request a sex change, maybe not all, but I think a fair proportion.

There's nothing "natural" or biological about gender roles, in any case so much of what humans do is a long way from natural does it really matter?

Let's free up gender roles, let's have more gender roles available.

DS

E

easy_tiger

DavidSSS said:
I think you're missing something.

Sex is biological, gender is the societal roles we associate with each sex, I would refer to these as masculine and feminine as opposed to sexes which are female and male. Why do we associate certain roles with each sex? Is this necessary? Why only 2 gender roles when there are all sorts of people with different ways of life? The problem arises when gender roles are so tied to biological sex that some people think they need a sex change to follow a different path. Why can't a man be feminine? No reason really, and if this is accepted then you remove the need for some to request a sex change, maybe not all, but I think a fair proportion.

There's nothing "natural" or biological about gender roles, in any case so much of what humans do is a long way from natural does it really matter?

Let's free up gender roles, let's have more gender roles available.

DS

well put DS.

my views on the current gender debate are more conservative than my views on most other things,

but, yeah I think you're right.

I wish I could change my occupation on my kids birth certificate.

I always knew I was a farmer/sailor/writer/cocktail waitress, trapped inside a scientists body.

Giardiasis

Tiger Legend
Apr 20, 2009
Brisbane
DavidSSS said:
Fair amount of evidence out there to the contrary, such as studies done where children preference toys typed to their gender. No it doesn’t really matter until the government decides to get involved and compel people to follow the gender is subjective line of thinking.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Giardiasis said:
Fair amount of evidence out there to the contrary, such as studies done where children preference toys typed to their gender. No it doesn’t really matter until the government decides to get involved and compel people to follow the gender is subjective line of thinking.

That doesn't even make grammatical sense, at least post something coherent.

Surely the association of particular toys with a particular gender is subjective and a societal construct.

In what way is the government involved in following the gender (whatever the f*** that means), and where is this evidence you speak of?

DS

Midsy

I am the one who knocks.
Jan 18, 2014
London
Why is this man not allowed to change his age? If he identifies as being 10 years younger, surely that makes it ok?!

Let's free up all the ages to anyone who feels it.

Personally I feel about 102.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-46425774

Giardiasis

Tiger Legend
Apr 20, 2009
Brisbane
DavidSSS said:
That doesn't even make grammatical sense, at least post something coherent.

Surely the association of particular toys with a particular gender is subjective and a societal construct.

In what way is the government involved in following the gender (whatever the f*** that means), and where is this evidence you speak of?

DS
The studies were on infants David, you can’t put that down to environmental causes that boys like trucks and girls like hairbrushes when they aren’t old enough to understand what gender is.

An example is already presented in this thread, Bill C-16 in Canada. “The gender is subjective” line of thinking not “the gender”.

Giardiasis

Tiger Legend
Apr 20, 2009
Brisbane
Midsy said:
Why is this man not allowed to change his age? If he identifies as being 10 years younger, surely that makes it ok?!

The “everything is relative” crowd don’t seem aware they are making an absolute claim.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
What is the association between trucks and boys and hairbrushes and girls if not a societal construct?

The Studies - such as?

DS

Giardiasis

Tiger Legend
Apr 20, 2009
Brisbane
DavidSSS said:
What is the association between trucks and boys and hairbrushes and girls if not a societal construct?

The Studies - such as?

DS
Google has plenty, here’s one: https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2016/07/160715114739.htm

It includes a biological explanation of why boys like trucks and girls like hairbrushes.

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010
Midsy said:

Activist judiciary interpreting law via blatant double standards, in attempt to cover up the lunacy that they've unleashed in other areas of law.

As I say, in the brave new world where observable, objective truth is only true some of the time. I don't see why I can't simply change my place of birth, to somewhere I more closely identify and feel part of, meaning I'm then eligible for an extra citizenship and passport. Or as this gentleman was attempting, his age.