Is PC a euphemism for 'nice?' | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Is PC a euphemism for 'nice?'

Giardiasis

Tiger Legend
Apr 20, 2009
Brisbane
Brodders17 said:
im pretty sure i heard him say Gender is one of the reasons? or did he actually mean something else when he said that?
Yeah, there are times when women are not chosen for jobs because they are women. Same as men are not chosen for jobs because they are men, for example the outrageous pay gap between men Victoria secret angels and women Victoria secret angels.

Maneevo

Tiger Matchwinner
Feb 13, 2011
IanG said:
So a gender pay gap does exist

Ofcourse it does. Woman are smarter than men and generally decide that income and career is not the be all and end all in life. The problem here is that you are confusing equality of opportunity with equality of outcome. Everyone wants equality of opportunity, but even with this there will be a gender pay gap due to the genders having different priorities in life. Fighting for equality of outcome is the equivalent of demanding that a child care worker is paid the same as a fifo engineer.

HR

Tiger Superstar
Mar 20, 2013
Ahhh the fury of inequality when comparing apples and grapefruits.

E

easy_tiger

Maneevo said:
Fighting for equality of outcome is the equivalent of demanding that a child care worker is paid the same as a fifo engineer.

It wouldnt be that difficult to mount a case that care of small children is more important than care of one of Gina Rhinehart's big trucks

still, any way you look at it, Its the PC lefty fun police gone chardonnay mad.

Giardiasis

Tiger Legend
Apr 20, 2009
Brisbane
easy said:
It wouldnt be that difficult to mount a case that care of small children is more important than care of one of Gina Rhinehart's big trucks
Sure, but that would have no bearing on its marginal value. Water is so much more useful than diamonds, yet diamonds are so much more expensive.

E

easy_tiger

Giardiasis said:
Sure, but that would have no bearing on its marginal value. Water is so much more useful than diamonds, yet diamonds are so much more expensive.

Thats why a whole stack of inner city blokes grew massive beards, bought a flannel shirt and a pocket knife.

they all wanted to pretend to be something useful like a farmer or a forestry worker, while drawing the salary of something useless, like a futures analyst

They can count themselves lucky the PC fun police didnt get them

KnightersRevenge

Baby Knighters is 7!! WTF??
Aug 21, 2007
Ireland
There is bit of obfuscation going on here in the guise of "choice". Pretty sure men can't "choose" to have babies which limits the ability to argue that this is an equalising "choice" across genders. Unfortunately this enters into the PC nightmare of admitting a clear biological difference between men and women. Hashtag IntersectionalFeminism Hashtag BiteMe

I agree that there is a problem when people fail to see the, potentially opressive, difference between equality of opportunity and outcome. Anecdotally I have never worked in a job where genders were paid differently and few people have given me a straight answer on which jobs this effects (outside TV presenters and others on multi-million contracts). I don't excuse this only point out it is probably not as big an issue across society as it is reported to be.

Giardiasis

Tiger Legend
Apr 20, 2009
Brisbane
https://thewest.com.au/news/world/fake-academic-scandal-adolf-hitlers-mein-kampf-words-used-in-embarrassing-journal-hoax-ng-b88979974z

KnightersRevenge

Baby Knighters is 7!! WTF??
Aug 21, 2007
Ireland
Giardiasis said:
https://thewest.com.au/news/world/fake-academic-scandal-adolf-hitlers-mein-kampf-words-used-in-embarrassing-journal-hoax-ng-b88979974z

Worth noting the authors are all 'lefties' who are trying to keep the radical (shhh....regressive) left from dragging progressivism over a cliff. People who tend to play fast and loose with words like 'woman', 'bigot', 'nazi', 'privilege', 'Islamophobia', 'cis-white-male' etc. There are some 'leftist' (who might call themselves libertarian lefties in some circumstances) who are trying to reclaim the left from these zealots and this group of authors are amongst them.

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-11-26/same-sex-street-lights-signal-intersectional-push-for-diversity/10554126?smid=Page:%20ABC%20Hobart-Facebook_Organic&WT.tsrc=Facebook_Organic&sf203112204=1

"Same-sex pedestrian lights". Seems a strange tone. Nearly insinuates that there is such as thing as heterosexual traffic lights and that this addition is needed as a corrective measure, to 'balance the ledger'.

HR

Tiger Superstar
Mar 20, 2013
Panthera Tigris said:
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-11-26/same-sex-street-lights-signal-intersectional-push-for-diversity/10554126?smid=Page:%20ABC%20Hobart-Facebook_Organic&WT.tsrc=Facebook_Organic&sf203112204=1

"Same-sex pedestrian lights". Seems a strange tone. Nearly insinuates that there is such as thing as heterosexual traffic lights and that this addition is needed as a corrective measure, to 'balance the ledger'.
The majority voted for these changes, seems pretty decent way to waste time, money and effort to achieve absolutely nuthin.
Small minded crap that causes a division that it seeks to eliminate.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
HR said:
The majority voted for these changes, seems pretty decent way to waste time, money and effort to achieve absolutely nuthin.
Small minded crap that causes a division that it seeks to eliminate.

governments wasting time, money and effort to achieve absolutely nuthin is nothing unusual.

how is going to cause division?

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
Panthera Tigris said:

I'm confused (not about my sexuality btw). When those lights go green, does it mean only same sex couples are allowed to cross the street? Or do the signals know if there are same sex couples waiting to cross? :confused :headscratch :headscratch

HR

Tiger Superstar
Mar 20, 2013
Brodders17 said:
governments wasting time, money and effort to achieve absolutely nuthin is nothing unusual.

Its not promoting diversity, it is a waste of tax payers money and for those of us who pay tax I could think of a million better things to spend it on to make society better.
You may have detected that it p!sses me off and creates division because it makes me more likely to disagree with the apparent need for diversity subversion. I treat people with respect, full stop. I don't need corny little pathetic signs to be changed to make me appreciate that there are different shaped green people in the world.
It is a wank of the highest order.

HR

Tiger Superstar
Mar 20, 2013
Brodders17 said:

So Brodders apart from my first rant, I guess I just don't identify as a green person in any format and/but can understand that a symbol is just a symbol, because that is what a symbol is. It is not offensive in any format to me unless it is a new way to spend our money to appease a green person who feels like they have missed out on a symbol that better includes them in a society that should recognise and celebrate them as they celebrate themselves.
By the way I don't know any green shaped people who would need to be better represented at a pedestrian crossing.

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010
HR said:
Its not promoting diversity, it is a waste of tax payers money and for those of us who pay tax I could think of a million better things to spend it on to make society better.
You may have detected that it p!sses me off and creates division because it makes me more likely to disagree with the apparent need for diversity subversion. I treat people with respect, full stop. I don't need corny little pathetic signs to be changed to make me appreciate that there are different shaped green people in the world.
It is a wank of the highest order.

My interpretation of this. We have an army of professional activists, who's livelihood depends on there being injustices to fight against. These people live off the govt teat, working for taxpayer funded advocacy groups, or in manufactured positions in the bureaucracy . Since the final pieces of institutionalised discrimination have been removed, they really have nothing left to keep them employed, unless they navel gaze to the nth degree to cultivate perceived injustices and discrimination. And hence keep themselves busy coming up with ways to eliminate the said manufactured injustices and discrimination. Obviously in this case, with all those non-inclusive heterosexual crossing lights infesting our streets, they needed to come up with some same sex ones as a matter of inclusiveness.

And they've been successful in preconditioning society to believe, without question, that whatever they say, no matter how far fetched, it is a matter of fundamental human rights, akin to the end of slavery. So speaking against their ideas, no matter how rational, logical and reasonable, is a form of modern day 'secular blasphemy' if you like.

The result of this, we end up with absurdly gimmicky stuff, like the crossing lights in Canberra. And more seriously, laws being passed last week in Tasmania that suppress the principals of enlightenment (logic, reason, objective observable fact), in order to appease the professional activist class.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Panthera Tigris said:
My interpretation of this. We have an army of professional activists, who's livelihood depends on there being injustices to fight against. These people live off the govt teat, working for taxpayer funded advocacy groups, or in manufactured positions in the bureaucracy . Since the final pieces of institutionalised discrimination have been removed, they really have nothing left to keep them employed, unless they navel gaze to the nth degree to cultivate perceived injustices and discrimination. And hence keep themselves busy coming up with ways to eliminate the said manufactured injustices and discrimination. Obviously in this case, with all those non-inclusive heterosexual crossing lights infesting our streets, they needed to come up with some same sex ones as a matter of inclusiveness.

And they've been successful in preconditioning society to believe, without question, that whatever they say, no matter how far fetched, it is a matter of fundamental human rights, akin to the end of slavery. So speaking against their ideas, no matter how rational, logical and reasonable, is a form of modern day 'secular blasphemy' if you like.

The result of this, we end up with absurdly gimmicky stuff, like the crossing lights in Canberra. And more seriously, laws being passed last week in Tasmania that oppress the principals of enlightenment (logic, reason, objective observable fact), in order to appease the professional activist class.
In line with the a recent move in Tassie to abolish gender on birth certificates one man in Denmark has asked for his date of birth to be changed down by 20 years.

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010
tigertim said:
In line with the a recent move in Tassie to abolish gender on birth certificates one man in Denmark has asked for his date of birth to be changed down by 20 years.
In the Netherlands actually. But yes, saw that. Obviously what he is suggesting is ridiculous. But part of me wants to see him win his case to highlight the absurdities western society seems willing to promote.

On that note. I'm 6th generation Australian of English-Scottish-German ancestry (a bit of Irish in there too). Have never felt entirely at home in Australia - a bit square peg in a round hole. Would love the opportunity to migrate to the UK to see if I like living there (felt very at ease on the trips I've made there). But have looked at every migration method and there is no option really open to me to migrate there.

So I'm holding out hope on these precedents, if observable, objective fact is now relative in western society, that I can now simply change my place of birth on my birth certificate to a town in the UK that I feel I belong and the British Govt will now grant me citizenship. I mean if I feel and identify as British not Australian, it's an infringement on my fundamental human rights if they won't recognise this. ;)