Is PC a euphemism for 'nice?' | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Is PC a euphemism for 'nice?'

craig said:
PC is a euphemism for Social Engineering .

PC is an excuse for News Corp and ACA to work their readers and listeners up into a tizz about things that often arent true.

Giardiasis said:
[youtube=560,315]kasiov0ytEc[/youtube]

Interesting Gia. I've tried to interrogate myself over just why the the word "cisgendered" sounds like nails down a blackboard to my ears. I haven't as yet figured it out. When I hear it spoken it always sounds like an accusation or a miss-characterisation. Am I "The Patriarchy"?

Victorian Government encouraging workers not to use 'wife', 'husband' so not to offend LGBTI colleagues.

This is ridiculous.

A close gay friend of mine wants to legally call their partner a husband. And calls him hubby at times. He would find the above misplaced at best.

MB78 said:
Victorian Government encouraging workers not to use 'wife', 'husband' so not to offend LGBTI colleagues.

This is ridiculous.

A close gay friend of mine wants to legally call their partner a husband. And calls him hubby at times. He would find the above misplaced at best.
I don't know if it was a *smile* take but I read too that the state government departments were going to stop using "his" & "her" and to be replaced with 2 other words I can't recall

By the way Gia, thanks for puting me on to Jordan Peterson (subject of youtube clip above). I think he takes himself way too seriously at times but I think he is at least trying to articulate a position on free speech (and gender identity) that most are afraid to confront. He is due to be the next guest on Sam Harris's podcast Waking Up. Should be interesting.

This is what western education has become:

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/opinion/lindsay-shepherd-delivers-a-wake-up-call/article37033031/

Giardiasis said:
This is what western education has become:

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/opinion/lindsay-shepherd-delivers-a-wake-up-call/article37033031/

bigot

noun[/i]

A person who is intolerant towards those holding different opinions.

Generation Z are true bigots. And it’s not their fault.

Giardiasis said:
Germany going full retard.

http://news.trust.org/item/20180104113147-as99y

nice use of the word retard.

using the Bild for any information is about as intelligent as using the Truth.

Brodders17 said:
nice use of the word retard.

using the Bild for any information is about as intelligent as using the Truth.
It’s a Reuters article Brodders, but I’m not surprised you’d throw in that fallacy. I’m not surprised either that the information within doesn’t concern you, being anti-free speech and all.

Giardiasis said:
It’s a Reuters article Brodders, but I’m not surprised you’d throw in that fallacy. I’m not surprised either that the information within doesn’t concern you, being anti-free speech and all.

It is a Reuters article reporting on the Bild article. most of the info contained is lifted from the Bild.

i am not 'anti-free speech' but i do believe there should be limits on what people can say, and offensive or inflammatory speech should be curtailed.

Brodders17 said:
It is a Reuters article reporting on the Bild article. most of the info contained is lifted from the Bild.

i am not 'anti-free speech' but i do believe there should be limits on what people can say, and offensive or inflammatory speech should be curtailed.

Offensive to you or me?

Brodders17 said:
Hence you don't believe in free speech. To be fair the concept of free speech muddles the issue, the real issue is private property rights. Everyone should have the right to say whatever they like on their private property. Public ownership and democracy muddles this, as not only are people forced to follow rules they don’t agree with on property that they apparently jointly own with everyone else, but they are also forced by others to follow rules on their own property they don’t agree with.

Saying words does not hurt anyone’s private property, only physical action can hurt someone’s private property. Hence to be forced to follow rules on speech is completely immoral and will not lead to the outcomes that those that support such a policy expect. It will simply embolden those that are wronged to resort to violence. You can't foster social cooperation using force in any other case than preventing others from using force.

Everyone do yourself a favour and watch this interview of Jordan Peterson on Channel 4 News in the U.K.

[youtube=560,315]aMcjxSThD54[/youtube]

Giardiasis said:
Saying words does not hurt anyone’s private property, only physical action can hurt someone’s private property. Hence to be forced to follow rules on speech is completely immoral and will not lead to the outcomes that those that support such a policy expect.

'Saying words' can cause anything from depression, anxiety, fear, pain, to suicide, homicide, or worse.

So i can threaten you, blackmail you, extort you, verbally assault you, but as long as I don't scratch your car, everything I'm doing is completely moral?

It's bad enough to try to base laws on private property rights. It's actually sick to equate morality to them.