Is PC a euphemism for 'nice?' | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Is PC a euphemism for 'nice?'

Giardiasis said:
Everyone do yourself a favour and watch this interview of Jordan Peterson on Channel 4 News in the U.K.

Wow. I nearly threw the my iPad out the window listening to her. She was exceptionally good at putting words in his mouth.

Coburgtiger said:
'Saying words' can cause anything from depression, anxiety, fear, pain, to suicide, homicide, or worse.

So i can threaten you, blackmail you, extort you, verbally assault you, but as long as I don't scratch your car, everything I'm doing is completely moral?

It's bad enough to try to base laws on private property rights. It's actually sick to equate morality to them.
Sure I'll grant you that, but that does not justify the solutions you propose.

Not everything that is immoral should be made illegal. So all those things you listed are certainly immoral, but an immoral law to prevent immoral acts is not justice, and leads to all sorts of rabbit holes that undermine the basic requirements of social cooperation. To make it illegal to offend someone will simply put an end to any discussion of ideas lest you offend someone, as it is purely a subjective determination by the offended, and is impossible to predict whether someone will be offended or not.

You want to restrict people's freedom to discuss ideas, well then you prevent those ideas from being defeated through peaceful argumentation and you leave people that are sympathetic to those ideas no avenue other than violence.

Private property rights are essential to a moral society, one that enshrines social cooperation. You yourself are presupposing the existence of private property rights through the act of arguing, although I doubt you are aware of it.

Giardiasis said:
Everyone do yourself a favour and watch this interview of Jordan Peterson on Channel 4 News in the U.K.

[youtube=560,315]aMcjxSThD54[/youtube]

Ha ha. How bad is that interviewer. You might not agree with this Jordan fella but he is certainly well researched and knowledgeable.

On the subject of absurd PC lunacy. Should observe some sh!t the left of centre Canadian PM, Justin Trudeau, dribbles. The man is seriously a Ken Doll - albeit with less substance than a Ken doll.

http://www.news.com.au/finance/work/leaders/justin-trudeau-has-apologised-for-his-peoplekind-comment/news-story/08f8add72954289b07cac1abb75cd605

And more alarmingly. The Orwellian laws he is prepared to pass in order to force and dictate what language people will use. And ultimately by controlling language, dictate what people are allowed to think. It essentially criminalises people like Dr Peterson, who dare, not just to have an opposing view, but refuse to use terminology they disagree with as they see it having no scientific basis. No doubt book burning is just around the corner.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/dailysignal.com/2017/06/19/canadians-face-hate-crimes-using-wrong-gender-pronouns/amp/

To quote Dr Peterson: "......while it is legitimate for the state to enumerate language that people can’t use (e.g. racial epithets, inciting violence), forcing people to use specific language is an abuse of state power."

Given all of our public institutions are infected with this type of *smile* navel gazing. It will only take a change to a left of centre leader here, to see a complete capitulation to this type of lunacy and in turn, an overt push from the top of this type of utter garbage.

jb03 said:
Ha ha. How bad is that interviewer. You might not agree with this Jordan fella but he is certainly well researched and knowledgeable.
Terrible interviewer.

“So you’re saying (insert incorrect response)?”

Jordon Peterson with Neil Mitchell. I do like some of his directness.

[youtube=560,315]hjE8mmdMuyM[/youtube]

Midsy said:

Thanks for sharing. I have a lot of respect for what he is saying.

Midsy said:

This bloke is a legend. His words need to reach the tyrannical left.

peterson is now a cult hero.

I wonder if he will save our universities from themselves?

tigersnake said:
The cult of JP is growing. A master craftsman of half truths AFAIC.

:hihi

Wouldn’t mind seeing a YouTube video of you interviewing him. Now that would be entertaining.

Midsy said:

Wouldn’t mind seeing a YouTube video of you interviewing him. Now that would be entertaining.
“TS gets destroyed by Jordan Peterson”. ;D

The list is getting bigger by the day.

Midsy said:

Its hard to argue with a master craftsman of half truths. Almost as hard as arguing with a conspiracy theorist, which is nigh on impossible.

But if it makes you feel good JP is standing up for the downtrodden rich guy, laugh it up.

Giardiasis said:
“TS gets destroyed by Jordan Peterson”. ;D

The list is getting bigger by the day.

Hasn't happened so JP isn't on the list, but who else is on the list?

jb03 said:

i tried to listen but i lost what little interest i had after he said the gender pay gap doesnt exist, then about 20 seconds later said gender was one of the reasons for the pay gap.

Brodders17 said:
i tried to listen but i lost what little interest i had after he said the gender pay gap doesnt exist, then about 20 seconds later said gender was one of the reasons for the pay gap.
He meant it didn't exist in the context the interviewer was claiming it existed, which he clearly demonstrated to be the case.

Giardiasis said:
He meant it didn't exist in the context the interviewer was claiming it existed, which he clearly demonstrated to be the case.

Yes. I expect better from Brodders who is normally a very good listener (or reader).