It's Sad Really ... | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

It's Sad Really ...

tiga

New RFC fitness regime under Wallace
Apr 28, 2003
Blue Mountains NSW
Guy's its simple,

If you see someones name next to a reply and you find them repetitive, annoying, boring, one dimensional, abusive or misguided, Feel free to not read it and pass on to the next reply. Also Rosy is doing a pretty good job at keeping the more abusive posters in line.

If your thread get's Hijacked, Start a new one or get stuck in and give as good as you get. I've had quite a few threads hijacked but that's the nature of the beast.

CLOSING REMARK

Remember no matter who we are, we will always slow down and check out a car prang even though we abuse others for doing the same thing ;)

Jerry, Jerry, Jerry, Jerry, Jerry! ;D

TigersGoddess

Sing it Loud
Dec 17, 2002
Punt Road Oval
tiga said:
If you see someones name next to a reply and you find them repetitive, annoying, boring, one dimensional, abusive or misguided, Feel free to not read it and pass on to the next reply.

I did do that, I tried to start reading but each time on nearly every thread I'd get all these sack frawley comments in the middle so I'd have to sift through the crap to get to the posts that actually had some relevance to the original topic. And people have tried to get the thread back on track but each time it's been ignored and the frawley debate has gone on.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
The main page says this is a site 'by the fans, for the fans of the Richmond Football Club.'

It's the people here who make the site what it is.

The more effort people put in the better the site will be.

End of story really.

Go Tiges.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
This thread is not contributing to any footy talk.

I think its time to lock it

I'll start a new one called "Its time to sack Frawely" ;D

g0tigers

carn the mighty tiges
Jun 16, 2003
Victoria, Australia
JohnF said:
If they upset you all so much, (and you know who they come from) then don't read them and just move on!

There wouldn't be much left to read would there?

I dont think there is anything wrong with critisim of the club, the players, the coach etc. But to repeat the same mindless crap over and over and over?? It crosses the line over to bordom.

I have been reading this msg board for a while, but haven't been posting very long (a week maybe) i thought this was a nice friendly enviroment (which i'm sure it is) but ive already had what i felt was a personal attack on me and if people are getting to the point where they are just personaly attacking people then thats just rude.

I'm sure all this negitivity is coming of 4 losses, so hopefully if we get a win under our belt things will be nicer and positive around here.

Carn the tiges!!

tiga

Apr 28, 2003
Blue Mountains NSW
gOtigers, as confucius once said "choose your threads wisely and you will see the calmness of the oceans in heaven" ;D

Ahhhh who am I kidding! I'm talking total crap! Lets face it we're in Hell and even the coffee's cold ;D

g0tigers

carn the mighty tiges
Jun 16, 2003
Victoria, Australia
tiga said:
gOtigers, as confucius once said "choose your threads wisely and you will see the calmness of the oceans in heaven" ;D

Ahhhh who am I kidding! I'm talking total crap! Lets face it we're in Hell and even the coffee's cold ;D

:rollin

Nothing worse then cold coffee :-X

Nothing worse then not being able to sleep at 11.45 at night with no one to talk to either. :-\

GhostofJimmyJess

Tiger Cub
Dec 19, 2002
It wasn't my intention to post again on this thread, but so many folks have shown the courtesy to respond to my initial post that I feel I need to clarify a few things.

Firstly, at no point did I criticise the negativity of posters as such ... only the "sameness" of the negativity. My point about suspicion of multiple pseudonyms for a single poster was really just an illustration of how similar many of the posts have become.

Secondly, I believe every Richmond player warrants continual critical appraisal, from Campbo to the rookies to the coaching group to the admin ... nobody's immune, but surely saturation point can be reached in shooting off at the lip for some individuals. I just felt some posters have exceeded this saturation point for way too long for it to be interesting anymore.

Thirdly, I certainly didn't mention anything about personal abuse. There is very little, if any, serious personal abuse on this board. And when it does pop up, well, folks can simply ignore it, or respond appropriately, or whatever they like. There seems to be a bit of an unwritten law amongst us here on that sort of thing anyway. I'm pretty much of the opinion that you can call me whatever you like ... Hell, I'm a Tiger supporter - I'm used to copping petty abuse!!

Finally, I can't remember who posted it (It was on the first page), but they questioned whether I was happy with the Tiger's progress etc .. To that I'll answer of course not. Every weekend I expend way way too much emotional energy on the result of the Tigers games, and until I experience another Tiger premiership, I will never be truly satisfied with the performance of one of my great loves in life ... the Richmond Footy Club.

tiga

Apr 28, 2003
Blue Mountains NSW
Boycotting is only successful if....

1. this person's entertainment or information value to PRE well and truly exceeds the value of the people he is speaking against.

and

2 If we give a Fat Frog's Fanny

IMO we have a very good mix of members on this board and we enthusiastically debate our varying views albeit sometimes a little repetitive.

For someone to have the belief that they are influential enough to attempt to change peoples views by Boycotting are kidding themselves! Good riddance as far as I'm concerned! We don't need you! Join a comune or start a cult or something! :mad:
It would become a pretty boring place not having the Laff's, Diggler's and Harry's of this world running around and stirring the pot! :)

As Duckman once said "I should be feeling what exactly??" ;D