Ivan MK11 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Ivan MK11

yandb

Tiger Champion
Mar 24, 2004
Can anyone shed any light on a story that we have rookie listed Ivan's cousin Ivan?

Gaz

Tiger Rookie
Jul 6, 2008
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/richmond-ruckman-ivan-marics-cousin-ivan-soldo-rookielisted-by-the-tigers/story-fni5f9jb-1226998896598

tigergollywog

Non-Hierarchical Boss Cocky
Feb 4, 2006
what a pisser!!!!!!!!!! attack of the ivans. holy *smile*, the kid is a bonafide giant!

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
It would be nice if Ivan #1 turns out to be "Ivan the terrible" in comparison to Ivan #2.

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
tigerman said:
It would be nice if Ivan #1 turns out to be "Ivan the terrible" in comparison to Ivan #2.

Sign him up for 10 years if that's the case.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
The NEAFL Tigers unleashed 18 year old 204cm major position player Ivan Soldo whose sporting background is more akin to basketball than footy but as a developing ruckman showed outstanding promise in his first full game of AFL.

yandb

Tiger Champion
Mar 24, 2004
So that was Ivan, I umpired the seconds in which he played three quarters then was rested to help out the seniors (it was a 32 degree day). I would have given him 3 votes for his domination in the ruck and his work around the ground for the first three quarters.

I was bemused on occasion as the onballers were giving him instruction on where to run to and position himself.

I believe he will quickly pick up the required skills and become our no 1 ruckman in the next 4 years

Go Ivan

Stylo

Tiger Champion
Oct 13, 2012
yandb said:
So that was Ivan, I umpired the seconds in which he played three quarters then was rested to help out the seniors (it was a 32 degree day). I would have given him 3 votes for his domination in the ruck and his work around the ground for the first three quarters.

I was bemused on occasion as the onballers were giving him instruction on where to run to and position himself.

I believe he will quickly pick up the required skills and become our no 1 ruckman in the next 4 years

Go Ivan

Wow, exciting. Cheers!

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
taztiger4 said:
do we know if he played this or last weekend ?
Geez c'mon Taz now your a Melbourne lad I expect you to be out watching the juniors an given us poor country folk updates ;)

Just on the big fella I wonder if any other clubs had identified his talent

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
CC TIGER said:
Geez c'mon Taz now your a Melbourne lad I expect you to be out watching the juniors an given us poor country folk updates ;)

Just on the big fella I wonder if any other clubs had identified his talent

Hahaha very funny CC !!, was up in Bendigo watching ressies mate, can only do so much !!

Tigertough1974

Tiger Champion
Oct 1, 2013
Given he was awarded a 4 year development contract and he'd never played footy you'd only assume so wouldnt you..