Ivan MK11 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Ivan MK11

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
I didn't see the big fella kick a ball yesterday, but geez his a big strong looking lad, lost a bit of puppy fat an just looks strong. He was doin running with McBean an trailed behind him most of the time so no doubt fitness has a way too go which is expected

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
He is a 3 year project, Chances are he will be given enough time to develop

My guess is that if he is ready by the time Ivan is ready to retire then Good , If Not - DELIST

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
turk-d-tiger said:
He is a 3 year project, Chances are he will be given enough time to develop

My guess is that if he is ready by the time Ivan is ready to retire then Good , If Not - DELIST

considering rucks who play footy all their lives are rarely ready by the time they are 21, i doubt Ivan v.2 will be delisted just because he is not ready to take over no.1 duties.

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
We are talking about in 4 years time here when Ivan Maric is finished

4 years is well and truly long enough,If he is not ready by 24/25 he never will be

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
turk-d-tiger said:
We are talking about in 4 years time here when Ivan Maric is finished

4 years is well and truly long enough,If he is not ready by 24/25 he never will be

he is 18. that means he will be 22 in 4 years.

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
CC TIGER said:
I didn't see the big fella kick a ball yesterday, but geez his a big strong looking lad, lost a bit of puppy fat an just looks strong. He was doin running with McBean an trailed behind him most of the time so no doubt fitness has a way too go which is expected

Where is the training report CC? Would love an old school CC report to make the off season a happier place.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
BrisTiger24 said:
Where is the training report CC? Would love an old school CC report to make the off season a happier place.
:hihi already done one BT its on the preseason thread...bloody hard to brighten up running training ;) I suppose I could have used 'bolt like pace' ' Olympic standard 200s'

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
CC TIGER said:
:hihi already done one BT its on the preseason thread...bloody hard to brighten up running training ;) I suppose I could have used 'bolt like pace' ' Olympic standard 200s'

Good news. Heading there now....just need to find my sunnies first ;D

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Shogun said:
Is Ivan looking a prospect? Had a year at TAC and our VFL. Has he got the skills to make it?
I thought he showed encouraging signs, but his coming from a mile back though.

yandb

Tiger Champion
Mar 24, 2004
I umpired him in a practice game at O&M 2nds level two years ago and despite him having to receive instructions from the midfielders on where to run and position himself for ruck contests I would have given him votes if it were a H&A game.

It was a 32 degree day and after rucking for 4 quarters in the 2's he Rucked for a further 2 quarters in the 1's.

His athleticism was very good, it was just his understanding of how to play our game after coming from a basketball background that was his biggest problem.

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
yandb said:
I umpired him in a practice game at O&M 2nds level two years ago and despite him having to receive instructions from the midfielders on where to run and position himself for ruck contests I would have given him votes if it were a H&A game.

It was a 32 degree day and after rucking for 4 quarters in the 2's he Rucked for a further 2 quarters in the 1's.

His athleticism was very good, it was just his understanding of how to play our game after coming from a basketball background that was his biggest problem.

Thanks for the insight.