Ivan Soldo | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact [email protected] // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check that your email is correct and also your junk/spam emails.
  • IMPORTANT! Our inbox is full of email errors from members who have not updated their emails, please follow the instructions on how to update here
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Ivan Soldo

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Balme today said about Soldo, something like - well he's [Soldo], umm, [short pause] not [short pause] our first choice ruck - he and Nank are. Or to that effect.

And it was Balme who said recently that Soldo is training the house down or somesuch.

Balme is a fan, it seems.

We know the situation with Soldo's knee. And we chose him over CJ.

Reactions: 2 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Balme today said about Soldo, something like - well he's [Soldo], umm, [short pause] not [short pause] our first choice ruck - he and Nank are. Or to that effect.

And it was Balme who said recently that Soldo is training the house down or somesuch.

Balme is a fan, it seems.

Soldo is contracted and CJ is not. CJ wanted to leave and we said we wanted him to stay, he left. CJ has also shown more as a forward than a ruck at senior level, so they are not the same type of players. I'm happy with Nank/Soldo/Sampson as the ruck division, the worry is a big power forward to replace Jack, and CJ maybe could have filled that role. Soldo can't.

Truth is we wanted to keep CJ but North needed him more. That's no slight on Soldo but it wasn't a choice between one or the other, that's simply a rewrite of history.

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Soldo is contracted and CJ is not. CJ wanted to leave and we said we wanted him to stay, he left. CJ has also shown more as a forward than a ruck at senior level, so they are not the same type of players. I'm happy with Nank/Soldo/Sampson as the ruck division, the worry is a big power forward to replace Jack, and CJ maybe could have filled that role. Soldo can't.

Truth is we wanted to keep CJ but North needed him more. That's no slight on Soldo but it wasn't a choice between one or the other, that's simply a rewrite of history.

I'm just posting about Balme's comment, Angers. About Soldo. I've listened closely. At no stage did Balme say or hint that Coleman Jones is in the mix for Richmond's #1 ruck berth. El regardless of contract status.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
I'm just posting about Balme's comment, Angers. About Soldo. I've listened closely. At no stage did Balme say or hint that Coleman Jones is in the mix for Richmond's #1 ruck berth. El regardless of contract status.

Strange post as I clearly said CJ was more of a forward than a ruck . CJ's gone to North now so unsurprising that today Balme doesn't see him as "in the mix for Richmond's # ruck berth".

Here's what you wrote, I can remember two posts back at least. We didn't choose Soldo over CJ, that's a rewrite of history.

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
Strange post as I clearly said CJ was more of a forward than a ruck . CJ's gone to North now so unsurprising that today Balme doesn't see him as "in the mix for Richmond's # ruck berth".

Here's what you wrote, I can remember two posts back at least. We didn't choose Soldo over CJ, that's a rewrite of history.

you aren't fit to carry Jack's kit bag into PRE, so quit policing other folks' posts yeah?

meanwhile, the rest of us know what Jack meant - our club values Soldo more than CCJ and for good reason.

Reactions: 2 users

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004

Strange use of the word "strange", Angers.

Reactions: 1 user

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Strange use of the word "strange", Angers.

Sure, if you like. Point is Balmey didn't mention a guy who has left the club as being part of our plans, unsurprising to me at least.

For the record I don't think we'll miss CJ that much and I'm a fan of Soldo. No need to rewrite history to make ourselves feel good about it though.

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
The answer to the question you seek was there all along Captain.

"Strange post as I clearly said CJ was more of a forward than a ruck"
I didn't mention your post, AngryAnt. Why did you suggest that my post was "strange"?

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
the tunnel vision with which some view the decisions our club makes never ceases to amaze.

we have selected Chol over CCJ several times over the past two years.

Chol.

we rate CCJ as a forward prospect and relief ruck but not enough to keep him from fatter contracts elsewhere. to argue otherwise is foolish and pointless.

Reactions: 7 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
I didn't mention your post, AngryAnt. Why did you suggest that my post was "strange"?

You replied to my post in a way that I found bore little relationship to what I posted, hence "strange". Generally when you quote a post it's assumed you are responding to it. That's the way I look at it anyway.

Anything else?