Ivan Soldo | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Ivan Soldo

Leysy Days said:
Simply needs minimum two, likely three years at VFL level to learn his craft.

His craft overhead is of a lower level suburban footballer.

Drop him for a runner then bring in wither Griff or dare leysy say on Hampson for finals if they cn prove reliance.

agree wholeheartedly bring in another runner then griff or hampson for finals, at least both of them can ruck and take an over head mark.

Chol is 198 cm
Give me Chol as ruck fwd back up to Nankervis ahead of Soldo any day.
Chol is so mobile at least and may take a grab up forward

AstuteTiger said:
agree wholeheartedly bring in another runner then griff or hampson for finals, at least both of them can ruck and take an over head mark.
Hampson? Has he even gotten out on the park this year at all? The man's back is stuffed. I doubt he'll ever play again.

CarnTheTiges said:
Hampson? Has he even gotten out on the park this year at all? The man's back is stuffed. I doubt he'll ever play again.

played a half on Saturday, was pretty good ruckwork & took 1 ripping grab

taztiger4 said:
played a half on Saturday, was pretty good ruckwork & took 1 ripping grab
I stand corrected. However playing him in finals would be fraught with danger. He's rarely more than one step away from another physical breakdown. Last year was for him an exceptional year with his run of injuries. The cupboard's bare for ruckmen at the RFC once we get past Nankervis, which is why Soldo is getting a gig in the firsts in the first place.

taztiger4 said:
Cant agree, seen him take numerous great grabs at VFL level, 2 last year @ Ikon Park or whatever the sh!t hole is called were MOTD material

He's not showing it ATM Taz. 1.7 marks a week average and a grand total of 1 contested mark in his 7 games.

Well worth persisting with. Just not at AFL level.

I reckon Ivan's tapwork is cm's away from being a weapon.

Nankers takes the grabs, Ivan does the taps.

I think its inarguable that you need 2 ruckmen in finals.

Hammer is hardly Levi Casboult, even when he's match hardened

and Griff is like a blown glass sea anenome.

Its Ivan. It has to be.

easy said:
I reckon Ivan's tapwork is cm's away from being a weapon.

Nankers takes the grabs, Ivan does the taps.

I think its inarguable that you need 2 ruckmen in finals.

Hammer is hardly Levi Casboult, even when he's match hardened

and Griff is like a blown glass sea anenome.

Its Ivan. It has to be.

Don't disagree with your 2 rucks in finals call, to a point. Reasons why it may not hold for us this year: Our success this year has been built on small fast players, partly because our rucks cupboard is bare. Also, your rucks need to take some big grabs in finals, Soldo isn't looking like it. I'd rather Hampster, and I don't really want him in either, good in the ruck and can take a grab, although very inconsistent on that.

tigersnake said:
Don't disagree with your 2 rucks in finals call, to a point. Reasons why it may not hold for us this year: Our success this year has been built on small fast players, partly because our rucks cupboard is bare. Also, your rucks need to take some big grabs in finals, Soldo isn't looking like it. I'd rather Hampster, and I don't really want him in either, good in the ruck and can take a grab, although very inconsistent on that.

Sorry Snakey, cant just cant advocate the Velvet one to play 1st let alone finals, the man epitomes butter fingers.

I think Soldo is going OK in the ruck, definitely needs to do more around the ground, im also pleasantly surprised to see him on the ground in packs often enough.

Personally i think our finals mantra on rucks will be horse for courses.

tigersnake said:

Its a toughy alright. Maybe Hammer is going to realise some sort of destiny? Dunno about hammer taking grabs, Ive only seen him take about 5 in his career?

Yeah, we could revolutionise the game. Unpredictability is our friend in finals.

I saw big Ivan do some good blocking in a couple of contests.

Soldos done his job in giving Nanny a chop out but it's a bit like playing 1 short. What's there left in the season be? 4-5 games? Can Nanny push through solo til then?

This bloke is nowhere near ready for AFL. Maybe one day he might be but as of now he is not.

I'd rather play Hampson :help

Defiantly think we are better playing Nankervis for the majority in the Ruck, his definatly a Ruck who pinch hits forward, just got to find somebody to help him out in the Ruck and help Jack forward.

So apparently we either have to upgrade or delist Ivan.

Personally I'd let him go, he's not a footballer. Use the rookie/psd to get some better credentialed rucks in.

But I know he,ll be retained.

Given the length of time he's been playing upgrade. Every season he's improved. When he stops improving, he gets delisted.

Delist. When one tries to header a ball from a boundary throw in, you know he won't make it.
There must be blokes in their mid 20's in lesser leagues better then him, where's Tristan Carledge theses days??

zippadeee said:
Delist. When one tries to header a ball from a boundary throw in, you know he won't make it.
There must be blokes in their mid 20's in lesser leagues better then him, where's Tristan Carledge theses days??

Zips says delist.
Massive endorsement!